Dating?
  Yes
  No
  I dont care really
  GOLD!
View Results

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:02 am
Has your parents ever said you can't date until your in like university or high school or until your OUT of school?

My parents have told me i can't date until i'm in university or in High school and i have to find a VERY nice guy who won't urt me.

But right now I'm dating someone. But how many are you are dating. And do you think it's bad to be dating a different race?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:16 am
Its like an asian rule anyways my parents don't want me to date until after college by then I will be very old so my parents will probaly want me to find someone when I am in College. It can be hard dating someone of a different culture becaused your cultures will clash and miss understandings will happend and you will feel horrible because you tried to climb over the obstacles but you couldn't. However if you do your parents might not approve or his parents then more drama starts.  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

~.Kaarii.~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:25 am
Thinking that it's bad to date a different race is kinda racial discrimination and racist. I suppose a lot of parents have old-fashioned ways of thinking. In some ways, marrying someone of your own culture makes it easier in some aspects, but it's also very... generic. Your kids will not have mixed heritage which might be okay. It all depends on what happens and who you marry.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:54 am
lol.... never allowed to date... im supposed to get married and its got to be arranged. lol. no dating allowed  

Blu321

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:31 pm
Oh wow...
My parents used to say that i have an arranged marriage but i don't. Which is good. And I've always wanted like an asian boy as a friend. Adn then liek go out with him. But i don't know many asians. Which is sad.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:40 pm
my mom said i cant date untill im done university...but my mom doesnt care if i were to date a white guy or an asian.  

Sesshomaruka

Chocolate marshmallow gum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:18 pm
Yup. I've been told a lot that i can't start dating anyone until i'm in college... just because my mom didn't start until she was like.. old and stuff... And she doesn't really care if the guy is asian or white or black or whatever. just as long as he's the one i want :]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Hmm My parents say that no dating is allowed till high school but i noticed that most Asian parents don't allow their child to date black ppl (not be racist!! sorry if i offended anyone!)....but my parents think that its a bad idea to date at a young age because it causes more harm to you : ) but i don't really care... we make mistakes but we learn from it! I've dated in school but it wansn't really serious so mehh  

DancingCherryBerry

2DsGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:33 pm
yah,my parents don't want meh to find a grl until i'm done with collegex,x.but i do it anyways and when i do they're all like "OOOO,sammy's got a Girlfriend!!OOOO"laughingx,x.and once when i dated a senior(meh is a freshman)they laughed their asses off when i told them in the car and said she'll rape mehx,x  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:34 pm
They've said that...but there are ways. ninja

Haha no, actually my mom doesn't mind too much, because I'm very open and tell her everything.
My dad is for all cases NO.  

Laughing Platypus

~.Kaarii.~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:30 pm
My parents pretty much said that my first date will be prom. stare That slightly sucks and yeah they want me to marry same culture to make life easier, but I don't know sometimes. I don't know very many Asians, but mostly because I live in a 'white' town.

My parents are always giving me lectures like "One mistake can ruin your life!" or "Boys only want one thing from you!". I pretty much never talk to my parents and yeah I've dated a few boys in my time xp but I haven't found one that I would want to be with for a long time. Well I have found a few but that's another story for another thread.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm
"your brothers age"

College >.>

but my brothers get to date in highschool
"cause its okay fer boys"

[purple banana]

anniepajamas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 pm
not really. they don't really care unless it impacts my grades and life and wutever. as long as i'm responsible. my mom said the best time is prolly in between high skool and college cause it gets hard to find a boyfriend when u r working for a living.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 pm
Chocolate marshmallow gum
Yup. I've been told a lot that i can't start dating anyone until i'm in college... just because my mom didn't start until she was like.. old and stuff... And she doesn't really care if the guy is asian or white or black or whatever. just as long as he's the one i want :]
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Is it okay if I say this?
The statement I bolded makes me feel like a purse. He's the one I want xd Just saying...

My parents don't care really, but I do. I've forbidden myself from dating. I don't ask girls out. Although, if I get asked out, I must say yes. xd But I'm trying not to have a relationship 'til I'm out of high school. That way I won't be too busy gonk
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:24 pm
Oh god, I wish it was that easy for me. No matter how many times i tell myself to not date any guy because inthe end someone is going to get hurt... I just go out with someone.

Right now i just got out of a realtionship... but I'm not really sad about that... I just like this guy who isn't sure if he likes me and my best friend likes him too and i dont want to hurt her.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff