Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
...help...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrettyConfetti

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:33 am
Okay, I just did my welcome thingy.
That got me thinking that I have no idea how to start.
I have been working out a lil bit at my house.
So that may be good start.

Also, a glass of milk a day?
Does that work?
One a day pills?
V8?
Water?
Counting calories, and does that work?

Yeah as said in my welcome thingy, I never really had to look after my weight of work out till after having my baby.

Has any other mothers here have a hard time losing that baby fat?

I think thats all.
<3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Baby fat is like any other, it's just harder to loose because you've got a baby to take care of.

Work exercise in with baby, stroller walks, or snuggli walks are better than anything. (I remember taking my niece out in the snuggli, it was hard!) Depending on your baby, they may give you the exercise you need no matter whether you want it or not, we all used to take turns swinging Hailey in her kazillion pound car seat... she didn't like the baby swings.

If you have a hard time getting out, which you may, try getting a few videos/dvds. Yoga is good for you and baby, kick boxing is good for you as well. Gaiam has a very good yoga fusion Kickboxing (don't let the title get you, there's no yoga in it)

Then again, looking closer, I think your baby may be not quite a new thing. Either way, working kids into exercise is hard.

Don't trust one a day pills. A glass of milk a day is probably going to do you detriment, if you wouldn't drink it anyway, do away with it. V8 is good for sodium and liquid vegetables which count less than real veggies. Water is good but it probably won't help you.

Oolong tea is supposed to help.

My sister in law had a hard time loosing the weight after my niece.

At nine months, you're probably feeding baby good nice foods. The foods we fed my niece most often were nice raw veggies, lightly cooked veggies, and lots of fruit and pieces of dinner, it was always healthy good food, because that's what babies need right? I lost weight when my parents were taking care of Hailey for a week because I'd make us both a snack and it would be the same thing, veggies! : D

... all this talk makes me miss my niece.  

Lady Schist

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:17 pm
Nooo pills! domokun Why not? Actually, I dunno. For one thing there was that big health deal with Fen Phen or whatever... but they seem shady to me for some reason.

All you have to do is eat right and exercise. What's eating right? Just avoid fried stuff, fast food in general (I suggest reading the book Fast Food Nation; it makes you not even want fast food anymore. The fast food companies are after your children. No joke! whee ), sodas, and other obviously unhealthy things, for a start. Drink plenty of water (I aim for 3 L per day, but I don't always make it..). As for what to eat, just follow the food pyramid. Look around in your grocery store for healthy snacks and stuff. As for exercising, weight training and stuff like that is good for building muscle, but for losing fat, you need cardiovascular/aerobic exercise, like walking, running, jogging, swimming, kickboxing, jumproping... anything like that. Good luck, you can do it! biggrin

Oh yeah, and I've also found that keeping a food journal really helps to keep eating healthy (like in the journals subforum). 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:21 pm
Well, im not a new mother so i cant help u there >.< But i would say that i would avoide the pills, apart from the side effects i always worry that I will put weight back on as soon as i come off them, and i would rather make life changes rather than start fluctuating even more than i do naturally

About the milk thing- low fat milk contains a lot more protein than fat, and you get calcium and all that important stuff. So if you would normally have milk, i would have some low fat milk a day (not huge amounts though lol) to boost your protein. If you cut fat out of your diet in other areas then the small amount of fat in the milk is probably not going to make a huge amount of difference (and you still get important minerals and all that jazz). Well, at least thats worked for me so far xd

If you want, you could always look in the journals subforum and see who was been quite successful and what they did. Then see if that would suit you 3nodding but remember to be careful, consult your doctor and all that jazz

Hope that helped xd  

Iconised Ghost

PrettyConfetti

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:10 am
Wow thank you all a lot.
All of this helps a bunch.
I have been working out, well since yesterday.
And I'm feeling it today, so that makes me happy.
I just hopes that means that I did it right. x3
Went out last night and bought a bunch of healthy food.
And it was fun, my husband was rolling his eyes at me.
But he was good and even though I did wonder off looking at junk foods, he would pull me away and remind of my goals.
I'm so proud of him for backing me up while I'm doing this!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:25 am
I have heard that eating really lean meat/protien, watching your carb intake, and eating lots of veggies, can help you lose weight and build muscle  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm
And watch your portions, thats the biggest difficulty for me sweatdrop but it makes a huge difference and is a relatively easy change to make ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:18 am
I posted the Good Health Guidelines, published by Weight Watchers, in the Weight Watchers Discussion thread. If you go by those guidelines, you're sure to get healthier. When you're healthy, your body gets rid of things that aren't healthy, like excess weight. Just following those guidelines, I lost 45 pounds. I've got about another 40 to go before I hit my goal weight, but hey, I'm over halfway there!  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games