Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Members: Creation
Project Air AMVs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:10 pm
Well, I made this name for my "Studio" name in the field of AMV making. I was hoping to get my video I recently made into AnimeBoston 2008 this year, but I got cut. Since it will not be debuting there, I am just putting it online. For those who want to check it, it is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU_Nk0unEHU

Remember, Youtube cuts quality, it doesn't even look like Nayuki is lipsincing at one snowy point, but oh well, haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:07 pm
I watched it and commented. :3 Very good! I like your stuff! biggrin Make more!! XD  

carosene

Koholos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:15 pm
*tch.

It's videos like this that made me give up making AMV's the first time, and made me start again the second time.

Seriously, if this didn't make it, than the other videos must all have been made by like... John Woo or something. The video sync is great, especially at the beginning, with all the rotoscoped stuff, and right around the 2 minute mark, with the girls and the TV kicking thing.
I still have yet to watch Clannad (yes, I know) so I have no clue how it fits the mood, but it really worked well with Air and Kanon. The song seems to be both sad and triumphant at the same time, and a lot of the scenes you chose really seem to fit that.
I also liked how you made a couple of those scenes (the fall to winter Kanon part, for example) seem darker and more melodramatic than they actually were.

The one thing I really didn't like was that little Kanna that went flying around the scene at about 2:50. It distracted me, and seemed just a little too cutesy for the rest of the video, which came off as very serious.
My other issue is that I have no clue what the song says. A translation, whether in-video subtitles, or on YouTube might be somewhat helpful, for Nihon-Go challenged people like me. Then we'd be able to enjoy more than just mood sync or beat sync.

Overall, however, very well done. I'd love to see more.  
Members: Creation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games