Monthly threat: October Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:53 pm
MONTLHY PAINTING THREAT

Borrowing an idea from the Privateer Press forums which I found on The-Waaagh forums, our Gaia-guild is now doing a monthly painting challenge. I am officially administering it, but also participating in it myself. The idea is, you make a promise to paint and/or build a given number of models at the beginning of the month, and then report back both on your progress and if and when you manage to complete it, and please don't come with bluff-threats. We will call them threats because making a "vow" sounds cheesy and boring... So threatening yourself will make it sound more serious.

-::The Rules::-

1. Painting threats will be frozen 10 days after the start of the challenge. There is no changing of *any* threat after day 10. Say what you'll paint, then paint what you say. If you don't already own the models you want to paint, I suggest not making the threat until you do. Painting Threats are still accepted after the 10th, but they can not be changed afterward.

2. This is more of a request than a rule. *Please* post work in progress pics if you possibly can. One of the best things about the thread is watching stuff come together. It's perfectly fine if you don't post any photos, however. Feel free to make separate posts, and then link into this thread so that others can comment directly in your own thread.

3. I need to know unit sizes when you post your Painting Threat.

-::Registred Threats::-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:54 pm
Could I request to get this stickied if the idea seems good? n_n;;;  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:21 pm
Oh sure, sign me up, more things to be ashamed of I guess. I'ma gonna try and get my five Krieg engineers done before the end of the month. Progress pics will come tomorrow most likely.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:37 am
Shinobi_8745
Could I request to get this stickied if the idea seems good? n_n;;;
Honestly, stickying it may draw less attention.

As soon as I figure out what to paint, I'll enter too.  

Xenos Mortium

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:41 am
What will be part of your threat then? -sits down with paper and pen and pokes his invisible glasses back up on his nose-  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 am
Got all the mentioned models primed, and started out withn the trukk boyz and their trukk, haven't gotten updated pictures yet but their skin and teeth are finished, going over to metal and cloth today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Groupshot.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Nob-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Nob2-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Shinobi_8745/Trukk.png  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:14 am
Okay, I was going to post up a basecoated shot first, but I couldn't find my USB cable so I just skipped that part and here's what I got thus far, the bare basics on all five of them:

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/069/0/5/WIP_Krieg_engineers_by_BrookM.jpg

I plan on touching up the details tomorrow, along with their right arms and A-frame equipment packs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:48 am
I managed to get the clothing and belts painted yesterday night before I did something really unexpected... I joined my girlfriend wathcing old episodes of "My little pony"... xD;;

IT ALMOST GAVE ME DIABETUS!

Anyways, I'll see if I'll be able to get updated pictures before I finish them up tonight, but don't get your hopes on it... D8

Brooky: I like where this is going, I like the cammo, never been good at painting cammo myself, but the armour seems "out of place" with the chosen color, but I say it's a great contrast none the less.

Can't wait to see more. :3  

Shinobi_8745

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:29 am
I guess I'm going to go for armour. I already have a Chimera put together and primered, but I want to do what I've seen before which looks amazing, and that is to give it a Predator turrent. So I'm going to get a Predator and make a Rhino out of it for my new Marine army while I use the turrent for my Chimera. Also, I have a Russ that I need to get together and painted.

So...

Chimera
Rhino
Leman Russ  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:32 am
Good luck finishing your threat. n_n -adds to the first post-  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 am
I picked the starkly contrasting Adeptus Battlegrey mainly because of the strong contrast between that and the lighter splinter camo. The armour also matches more or less with the field grey trousers, ensuring that the palette doesn't clash too much. I'm also new at the whole camo thing, but personally I am very happy with the way it turned out thus far.

For once I'm going with historical colours, so Adeptus grey reminds me of German tanks from '39 - '41 and the camo is more or less the same as German paratroopers. The brown boots and gloves are a throwback to WWI Stormtroopers whom also wore bulky armour.

I'm going to take a new WIP shot later today, hopefully with better lighting seeing as the current shot messes with the colours I've used.

edit.

New shot tomorrow gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 am
I was about to upload some pictures yesterday of my finished Mob of Trukk Boyz, but since I saw it was close to midnight I went to bed instead of taking the pictures... xD;;;

Bust after Grim and I have been out shopping today I'll make sure I'll take those pictures and get them uploaded. :3  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:26 am
Ok, new one up. All that I need to do now is some minor details, cleaning up of the model, new boot colour, flock the bases and they're done.

I'm feeling lucky, can you also add a Cyclops and Drop Sentinel to my to-do list?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:38 am
Only if you don't tell anyone that I added it... ;o  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am
M'kay, I'll have a shot of my nearly-finished engineers up tomorrow. And I'm almost done with the Cyclops, I just need to decide whether or not to mount it onto a 40mm base or not.

These threats seem to do miracles for some odd reason sweatdrop  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces