Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

so hows my Idea?
  good i like it!
  origanal, and cool but i wouldent do it
  meh! not that good get a life and play, CHAOS!/any other race
  it sucks you should be ashamed of yourself crawl in a hole and rot!!!
  (this ones for me so i dont voat and screw up the pole)
View Results

razer_ice_hanyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:53 pm

well first i can hear "no vampires went to Nippon!" and no none of the prim arc vampires went to Nippon, but one did go to Cathay, so my thoughts were "sweet ill do a Cathay Vampire army!" this was before i read up. now first I'm a follower of the samurai code well i like the idea at least, and we all know a Nippon or Cathay army will never come out in our life time THANKS GW!, anyways back on topic, i di9d some reading and found Nippon was on the warhammer map, and that there the equivalent to Japan, so what I'm gonna do is convert a high elf dragon to be a new Oriental dragon and have a Ronin samurai on it, not sitting but standing on the dragons neck. the next thing I'm gonna do is build up normal skellys but give them katanas and sheaths, then I'm going to convert grave guard to be in gull samurai amour... oh and I'm gonna take a unit of Merc ogres and convert them up to be like Oni

and yess i fully understand this will be sooo much work

so tell me what you think of the idea and give any advice, if you see fit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:17 am

Be a bit more original and don't rip too much from real world sources?

Samantha Bentley

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:21 am

Darling Sam
Be a bit more original and don't rip too much from real world sources?
There ARE samurais in Nippon in Warhammer... As much as there are ninjas there as well, and the Oni who are ogre-like creatures (if not ogres, I belive they're related to them, but since Warhammer focuses on the Old World we don't know much about the animals and creatures outside that area).

So don't speak nonsense unless you know what you're talking about... D:

Anyways, back to business, this is a quite original idea, and I like it, but as you say it's gonna be hard to pull out this project from the closet.

Are you good with greenstuff and plasticard?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:10 am

You didnt know Nippon was Japan? That isnt a GW creation.

Anyways, the skeletons should probably have spears or tetsubos. Katanas and Naginatas were pretty much samurai, and samurai wife weaponry. And even if the skeletons were samurai skeletons, they wouldve passed their weapons of to their children or some such.

Onis were more or less demonic, but still could be considered like european ogres. I think theres a closer ogre analog, but I cant rememebr the name. Gaia has a mask of them, red with the foot long nose.

Either way, Id so just do a bunch of research.

King Kento

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 am

Hrm, GW has little info on Nippon, Ind and Cathay. Oh ******** yes, the names sound like Japan, India and China, but they are not much alike to the historic counter parts.

But yeah, what Kento said, mo' research.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:01 pm

I feel like making a normal Nippon army right now having Sumo Ogres...

-offtopic-

Shinobi_8745

Tech Magos Sejanus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Cathay and Nippon actually are ancient names for China and Japan respectively though... And if memory serves, the Oni are the Japanese ogre analogue, though westerners often make them out to be demons.
And if you want a more Oriental style dragon, I'm pretty sure the old woodelf one was pretty much spot on.
And you might want to convert some ghouls or zombies or something up to be Chinese hopping corpses.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:19 am

ya well I'll be the first to admit im not great with greenstuff, im a novice at best. but i do know a lot of people who are very very good with it, and they have agreed to help me. as for the similar thing im gonna do is every model in the army will have sheaths, and no shields as samurai didn't use them, ill replace the shields with Wakiszashi so everything in the army (not Zombies, Lowly farmers i say!) will appear as id they have two hand weapons, including the lord, and i don't think ill have ghouls, never relay liked them. and again just Nippone. so just Japanese influence

razer_ice_hanyou

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:46 am

Going for many samurais would be a no-no if I can have my word said.

Grave Guards should have the only role as samurais, same with mounted grave guards.

Skeletons on foot should be normal "soldiers" used by the japanese imperial armies, having spears, or as "not so fresh peasants" having bamboo spears (Seven Samurais anyone?) and shields since normal soldiers did use some sort of shields if I recall correct, and use zombies as re-animated enemies perhaps?

And the Samurai Shield problem can be solved with just their stance, since their stances with their sword could be used for both defending and attacking positions (been playing too much Way of the Samurai).

Crypt Gouls could be Japanese demons perhaps? Lesser demonic creatures, much like imps are, scavenging rascals following the dark powers sensed in the Vampire who will lead the undead legion from Nippon. Gouls have another role in the new book, they're alive, but have gotten the undead rule, since the Vampire calls for the gouls with his dark powers, and when it weakens (beaten in combat) they run away or somehting like that, so they're more like an undead skirmish unit now.

Your Vampire Lord could be a Shogun, having a high council of Samurais or something like that, represented by the Blood Dragon Knights, a real KILLER unit, you'll make Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne look like kittens! twisted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm

As I said in my original post, the skeletons should be armed with samurai equipment such as the katana and wakizashi as those are passed on, as are the naginata. Also samurai were an elite class, so for the numbers and the reasoning of them having weapons, equip them like soldiers.

Also, you keep saying not japanese but "nipponian", its Nipponese, and its still the name of Japan, some Japanese still call it Nippon, hell the phrase "Nippon Ichi". Similar to Germany not being "Germany", but actually Deutschland. So its a bit off to say just japanese influence, when GW's Nippon is just Japan with a fantasy influence.

King Kento

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff