Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian Insecurities Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pretend to poo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 am
Have you ever felt insecure about being Asian? Have you ever wanted to be a different race or lived in a different country? If you wanted to become a different race, realistically, appear to be a different race, have you ever considered cosmetic surgery or make up/contacts? Or are you a victim of this now?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm
Not really, but I did want to be a different race when I was younger because everyone around me was basically english. I wanted to live in a different country and still do but I where I live isn't so bad. Cosmetic surgery? Don't think I've thought about that  

dievian

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SDES

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:39 pm
I have no insecuritities when it comes to being Asian.

Though it doesn't mean much, and does not apply to all, I like how cultured we are compared to most black and white people.

I'd rather not explain myself for that, but if you get what I'm saying, cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:53 pm
@SDES: Totally understand what you're saying.

Wanted to be a different race?
There was one time when I was with my aunt and we were watching TV when all of the sudden, I blurted out, "I WANT BLUE EYES!" My aunt told me to go for it, and then all of the sudden, I lost interest.

Wanted to live in a different country?
Definitely, but the country I wanted to live in was Thailand, which is were my family originates from. So I'm still keeping my Asian pride. <3

Other than that, I've never felt insecure about being Asian. I embrace it. And you know what the weird part is? I think my friends embrace my Asianess more than I do. : )

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

winter illusions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 am
i've never felt insecure.. i like my own skin <3
but i think there was a few times i wanted to be Eurasians. cause im attracted to them.. *_*

um... and after moving to so many countries and cities.. i think my habits differ with lots of Westerners.. X3 so yeah.. i think it's better to stay put to where i belong <3

um.. never thought of plastic surgery but it's getting popular..
im scared of pain tho.. XD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:52 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Yes, I feel somewhat insecure at times. I want to get out of America so bad. Anywhere else would be fine. 'Sept for the middle East... Anyways. Asian Pride all the way. I'm one of the most Asian kids at my school, and I'm applauded for it. "Jarvin, you're like and Asian Teddy bear!"
Then I'll get hugged, and think what life would be like if I was a Panda...
"Ahhh... I'm being smothered by white girls gonk "
Yeah :3
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

Laughing Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:24 pm
Not really, but that's because I live in a highly populated Asian neighborhood.

I think If I were an Asian in somewhere in the middle states, I might feel uncomfortable. Coastal states are a little more diverse...some anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm
not rly.
butliek; i hate teh "ZOMG WHERE CHU FROM"
and id beliek, America, dumbasssss >.>

[purple banana]

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:22 pm
Nah, I feel great in my hood. I have pride and confidence in who I am. It's people's problem if they don't like my race. Not mine. I was born here. I absolutely don't need anyone to tell me to go back to my country because I'll shove up their a** those words and so deep that they'll come out of their mouth. ._.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:30 pm
I WISH that we could stay below the thousand LIGHTS

And never let it FADE

I am kinda insecure about my eyelids. My mom has double eyelids and my dad doesn't, so I got one of each. (The left has the double lid.) It makes make-up super hard to do. So I think I might have surgery to have either no double lid, or both double lid, still debating. Cuz I saw in Japan they have this string that you can put onto/into your eyelid, and then you have double eyelids. Pretty cool.

Our paper LANTERN night

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:36 pm
I WISH that we could stay below the thousand LIGHTS

And never let it FADE

Sometimes, I'm also insecure about my accent when I speak a different language. It feels like someone is always like, secretly laughing or judging me or something.

Our paper LANTERN night

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:35 am
r u kidding? I luv being asian!
My family moved around alot but it never bothered me. I enjoy the difference and change, basically stops me from getting too bored with the scenery and people. Though asian or not, I do wish I was a bit more taller than I am now... not that other races are taller, I'm just not satisfied with my current height. :/

MeltingMilkBottle

Agile Browser

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Once in a while all the stupid comments will finally get to me but no, I don't really have any of those Asian insecurities. But I have another point to bring up. You know those stereotypes that are now put on Asians? Super skinny, really smart, well mannered etc.? I'm sure you've heard them before. Ever felt pressured to be just like that even when you aren't? I know i've felt that before.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:46 pm
about being asian? nah....no way. In fact most people are jealous because of that...ahaha.
"I hate you for having straight hair! I want it! Give me your Asian hair!"
"Why are you so smart! It's cuz your asian isn't it!"
"She's too polite and nice. It's all asian blood really."
Its funny actually. its all dumb considering they can get hair lyk mine which isn't hard considering all i do with my hair is comb it.
and if you want to be smart actually pick up a book. Isn't hard you know.
and polite and nice? Are you kidding me!? I can make you cry plus i curse too much to be polite!  

saku_chan187

Ryuko Kaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:50 am
Sure I've felt insecure about being asian because I live in a state and town where not many asians live.

Alothough I do have Asian Pride! I can't let all these other people get in the way of that.

I've never really wanted to be a different race, I appreciate being Asian. I would love actually to live in another country. It would be totally awesome! Well, I can't say that I want plastic surgery, but I have contacts and I'm begging my mom to get me some colored contacts. I just want people to say, WOAH, did you get colored contacts or something! Though, I do appreciate my Asian brown eyes. ^.^  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff