Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
Fungus INFecTionS AAHhhhhh...don't worry i bought more!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

^^ThE SQigGly AnGLE^^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:29 am
i had 9 fish, because 9 was considered luck, but unfortunately after one died i had bought a black moor, and had a small fungas infection, but grew and grew and died, then making 4 other fish sick with mouth fungus. Now only 1 is in hospital mode, and the other 3 died....but on a better note..i bought a red and white oranda!1 yay it's addorable....but it was like 10bucks...nvm...

stupid fungus...and i dont know how to cure it..... crying my fishies  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:24 pm
I know how you feel about the fish dying, cause the other day my dad bought my a brand new blue ram...and it died after only 2 days....and on top of that I had spent the night at my cousins house so I saw it for a total of 10 minutes....I felt so bad..

then 2 days ago I put fresh water in my tank and I guess I got it too warm cause my betta, 1 rosbora, and a cherry barb were found dead later that day.

then yesturday I went to bed to see that one of my neons died, and my last cherry barb is dying too.....but those 2 I knew were dying so those I figured were coming..

it is very hard to loose that many fish in the same week, or month at that, so I sympathize with you gonk  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Sugar Slave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:38 pm
^^ThE SQigGly AnGLE^^
i had 9 fish, because 9 was considered luck, but unfortunately after one died i had bought a black moor, and had a small fungas infection, but grew and grew and died, then making 4 other fish sick with mouth fungas. Now only 3 is in hospital mode, and the 2 died,

Have you tried a adding in some salt? It makes a good tonic for killing some funguses. One of my favorties came down with a cotton like mouth fungus and the salt soultion helped with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:57 pm
You can also use fungicide, if you have a hospital tank. My personal favorite is Pimafix, it seems to work pretty well.  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:35 am
Check and make sure you don't still have the carbon in your filter. If you've left it in, you're only putting in medicine to have it filtered right out by the carbon.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:18 am
Sugar Slave
^^ThE SQigGly AnGLE^^
i had 9 fish, because 9 was considered luck, but unfortunately after one died i had bought a black moor, and had a small fungas infection, but grew and grew and died, then making 4 other fish sick with mouth fungas. Now only 3 is in hospital mode, and the 2 died,

Have you tried a adding in some salt? It makes a good tonic for killing some funguses. One of my favorties came down with a cotton like mouth fungus and the salt soultion helped with it.

hmmm..i do...however do you have a heater for the goldfish cause people said raising the temp. causes the treatment and fungus to dissapear.  

^^ThE SQigGly AnGLE^^

^^ThE SQigGly AnGLE^^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:19 am
Kansai_Gal
Check and make sure you don't still have the carbon in your filter. If you've left it in, you're only putting in medicine to have it filtered right out by the carbon.

oh..no only in my actual aquarium..i move the fish to a different aquarium....and like i just put a pump in.  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games