Volunteering Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:36 pm
I was wondering how many members of the guild regularly volunteer for causes. Charity drives, tutoring, nursing, and other services are what this thread is about.

Personally, I volunteer at a food bank (mostly manual labor and donations) and plan on volunteering at the Humane Society of Southern Arizona (an animal shelter).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:58 pm
I don't volunteer regulary, or at all. I've decided to do some work at a museum this summer though. I've been meaning to do that for a few years but never quite fit it in to my schedule.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:17 pm
I do 30 - 50 hours of volunteered community service a year for various organizations.

Most of those hours go into the "Rebuilding Together" program, a charity which helps renovate houses for families in need. I also give time to Gleaners (a large, local food bank), my family's church, and various school events.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:13 am
Nope I don't volunteer, I have a full time job that takes up most of my time, but I do play an important roll in my community as a pillar of upstanding citizenry and the one person who has done more to dispel the stereotypes then anyone else... even to the point of publicly humiliating MP's who try to apply the 'Airheads' stereotype to me.  

Rellik San
Crew

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:40 am
The volunteer work I've only done was when they required it of me to graduate high school (which was completely stupid) , and when I got community service.

Now, I think the closest I get to voulenteering is donating blood, since I'm a universal donor and they keep sending me all this 'donate blood' crap.
The free stuff is cool though. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:07 am
uch as i can but still being under age its hard so i can only do so much with tutoring but im not that smart so i tutor with dance.... im always one to try ride of sterotypes because i my self am not like my sterotype i am not blood tall and all this well shaped like dancers im tiny short hair layers (scenish hair) tubby and this kinda thing my favorite color blood red and black so not many come to me until after they have seen me dance for tutition and such but i do volenter.  

DarkMouseGaze

Tipsy Smoker

9,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

SC_Anubis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm
I contribute to society by not killing people. Is that a charitable cause? not killing people and eating their babies.....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:54 am
Kakei Setsunai
The volunteer work I've only done was when they required it of me to graduate high school (which was completely stupid) , and when I got community service.

Now, I think the closest I get to voulenteering is donating blood, since I'm a universal donor and they keep sending me all this 'donate blood' crap.
The free stuff is cool though. ^^
Type O.... rolleyes Same here.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:05 pm
I paint faces at my old elementary school's carnival ^.^ That's about it, unfortunately. I'd do it more often if I could.
And then giving blood, of course. I'm practically anemic though, I always have just barely enough iron. >_>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:54 pm
Me and a bunch of my friends who are into naturopathy and spiritual healing will help those with illness whenever we have a chance to.

I have also been longing to help out at a local farm sancuary for a while now. They take care of farm animas who have been saved from slaughter, and allow them to live out their natural lives in a suitable habitat. As soon as I can drive, I will start helping out there.

I just turned 18 a week ago, and I am going to start helping out the local animal shelter soon. They do not take volunteers under 18 without a parent being with them, and my mom never wanted to "waste her weekends cleaning kennels", so I have not worked there before. However, now that I am 18, I can have my parents give me rides to and from the shelter, and I can help out there in my free time.

That is about all I do in terms of volunteering...  

DreamerSpirit

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:19 pm
Oooh, next week I'm starting an art club at my elementary school for first and second graders. I'm excited. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:00 am
Krypta9
Oooh, next week I'm starting an art club at my elementary school for first and second graders. I'm excited. biggrin
Art club? Sounds fun. biggrin Messy little kids....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:07 am
Lots o' stuf but the funnest ones have to do with animals, artists, and doctors. heart I love this stuf. I like to help. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 am
I used to volunteer at a library. I helped people find books, and I shelved things. That was super fun, and quiet.

When I have more free time, I want to help out at a women's shelter or something.  

MEOWITSTERRA

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:36 pm
soup kitchen, senior citizens home, red cross, day care, etc etc etc  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items