Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Quests
Task 9 (Now supporting all Quests - Read for Details) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you help me?
  Yes
  No (you horrible person, it isn't that much effort)
View Results

Anon Jr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:52 am
So, I am realizing that:
a) I almost never have time or inclination to go on gaia anymore.
b) none of my friends are really on much anymore, anyway
and
c) I have a ton of cool stuff and gold stockpiled.

So, if you are questing for something, put a post up (In this thread) saying how much you need and what you need it for. You might even want to put in something about what your favorite pose is or something. Effort will be rewarded; asking for gold just to have more gold will not.

Sending me a private message to beg for gold/items will result in me ignoring any pleas for assistance from you forever.

Previous Posts:
So, while I'm working on Task 4, I figured that you could help me work on Task 9, which is to post a topic and get 1000 replies.

Now, doing the math, at 15 posts per page, that means that the 11th poster on the 67th page will be my 1000th reply. As a wee bit of incentive, that person will get 1000 gold.

That being said, have fun, change the topic as you want, and don't be mean to each other.

I'll start this off. My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, and the Original Star Wars trilogy. What are yours? Why?

EDIT: I gave this a new subject, see page two for details.

EDIT Again: We're now counting down from 37,561. See page 4 for the beginning.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:00 am
well....I've got TONNES of favourite movies so i really can't be bothered to put them down....but a few of them is probably....Spirited Away and Dodgeball.......and stuffs like that... xd  

Chocolate Cheesepuff

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Rainbow Emo Ice Cream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 am
I liked Princess Bride, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:09 am
Oooo eek 2 responses!

My favorite part of Spirited Away has got to be when Sen/Chihiro's running/falling down the stairs and she runs into the wall. We watched it in anime club once and we rewound and watched just that part 3 or 4 times.

Princess Bride is an awesome movie, isn't it? What's your favorite part?  

Anon Jr

number the second

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:29 am
thats kinda cool that you should say that. I just watched the princess bride for the first time in ages last night. I've heard the book is so much better so I'm trying to find it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 am
Oh, if you have the attention span, the book is a ton better than the movie, because there are so many more details than in the movie. He (William Goldman) actually writes it as though he is cutting down an older book with notes on what was supposedly originally there, though, to the best of my knowledge, S. Morgenstern never existed and William Goldman was the originator of the whole thing.  

Anon Jr

Chocolate Cheesepuff

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:53 am
Anon Jr
Oooo eek 2 responses!

My favorite part of Spirited Away has got to be when Sen/Chihiro's running/falling down the stairs and she runs into the wall. We watched it in anime club once and we rewound and watched just that part 3 or 4 times.

wow yew have a anime club??? i'm trying to make one at school.........but i need ideas on what we should do in there.....school says it has to be academic..... xd xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:02 pm
We actually started pushing for an anime club two years ago and the administration wouldn't let us have one because we already had a film club and a culture club. It ended up that we had to find a teacher to sponsor it first and then she pushed for it.
As far as finding academic reasons for it, emphasis the "learning Japanese culture" part, as opposed to the "hang out and watch anime" part.  

Anon Jr

Rainbow Emo Ice Cream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm
Chocolate cheesepuff
Anon Jr
Oooo eek 2 responses!

wow yew have a anime club??? i'm trying to make one at school.........but i need ideas on what we should do in there.....school says it has to be academic..... xd xd
Simple, watch the anime in Japanese.
Soon you'll speak enough Japanese to have a native speaker think you're an idiot and make the cool kids want to beat you up and take your lunch money.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:12 pm
hahah i've never actually thought about that.......... xd wow i'm gonna do that first thing back to school next week xd xd  

SmashingWatermelons n_n

The Full Flame Alchamist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 pm
i watch them in Japaneses all the time and i only know like 2 words  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:49 pm
Well, it is a wee bit difficult... But the administration doesn't need to know that. It's all about exaggerating the academic part and downplaying the fun part.  

Anon Jr

tpd-crew-mule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:45 pm
stargate bump!!!!!!! domokun stargate  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm
Wootage. 'tis you.  

Anon Jr

Chocolate Cheesepuff

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100