Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
TranceWork

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 am
One of the things I am starting to experiment and try is trace work and journey work. I'm just not sure how to go about leading myself into a journey. Could some one help?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 am
loona wynd
One of the things I am starting to experiment and try is trace work and journey work. I'm just not sure how to go about leading myself into a journey. Could some one help?

I would suggest that you record yourself reading ques for a guided meditation with or with out music and play it for your self.  

ShadowSharrow

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 am
ShadowSharrow
loona wynd

I would suggest that you record yourself reading ques for a guided meditation with or with out music and play it for your self.
Thats good advice! Thank you! I'll try that (when I get money to buy a recording device).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:41 pm
Two books that I would recommend are "The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft" and "The Inner Temple if Witchcraft", both by Christopher Penczak.  

Madruk Nergal

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:34 am
Madruk Nergal
Two books that I would recommend are "The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft" and "The Inner Temple if Witchcraft", both by Christopher Penczak.
I have both of those.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:15 pm
Mind me asking what has drawn you to trance work?  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 pm
TeaDidikai
Mind me asking what has drawn you to trance work?
Part of it is I want to do some deep healing and go into my subconsious and face some of my past issues. I also think it could help me connect with spirits and deities on a whole new level. I could be wrong though. The healing aspect is my main focus though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:11 pm
Is this safe for you to do given some of your issues?

And if you decide to go forward with it- have you weighed equally, other means to working on these issues?  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:52 am
It's something my old therapist recommended (I'd still be seeing him but insurance is an issue). Plus I also have skills now that I never used to have before thanks to the therapy I am currently in. I have other options available (one of them being a BDSM psycho Drama scene) and it's not something I have thought of lightly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 pm
Hmmmm... did said therapist recommend a style or tradition?  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:34 pm
I don't remember.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 pm
I'd contact them and find out. Myself, I would never have recommended such a "therapy" to you. But hey- I'm not the one with a PhD in Psychology.  

TeaDidikai

Lestat_616

Friendly Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:09 am
I have also looked into this. The one I like to do is just sit in a quiet room and meditate...It's not much but, it helps me out.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 am
Lestat_616
I have also looked into this. The one I like to do is just sit in a quiet room and meditate...It's not much but, it helps me out.
How does this count as Trance work or Journey work?  

TeaDidikai

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:59 am
Sort of along with what Tea was saying, I'm not sure that this is something that I would suggesting trying alone, at least not at first. Especially if there is the possibility of having any kind of strong emotional reaction. Often, even though part of us knows that we are only journeying, it can be very difficult for one to move past a particularly emotional experience. It would be much better to have someone with you who can not only be your anchor, to help you through particularly intense moment, but also to help support you as you analyze the results of your work.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games