Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Food Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhiteHik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:47 am
What is your favourite British food/dinner?

I love Shepherd's Pie so much! My mum makes it with cheese on the potato, yum!

I also love roast dinners! The meat isn't always that good but I love all the trimmings, especially Yorkshire Puddings!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:56 am
Aye, Yorkshire Pud is scrumptious!

The classic Fish & Chips cannot be beaten, though. biggrin  

Knightsedge
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:02 am
The full English Breakfast, a passionate exhultation by Invictus

There is truly no greater British dish than the full English breakfast. It is upon the Full English Breakfast that the empire was started. Hell, we needed all that empire-building just to burn off the damned calories.

Every morning I have a mini English breakfast which comprises four rashers of bacon, baked beans, mashed potato, black pudding, two fried eggs, grilled tomato and grilled mushroom with a glass of orange juice.

Before an expedition I have the Invictal Full English Breakfast, it comprises the following.

Starter:
Bowl of cereal, any sort.

Left plate:
Toast, jam, butter.

Centre plate:
Fried bread, two sausages, three rashers of bacon, baked beans, hash-browns (not quite what it sounds like), grilled tomato, grilled mushroom and black pudding.

To drink:
A cup of tea and a short series of glasses of orange juice.

Bloody, excellent.

biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:07 am
Invictus_88
The full English Breakfast, a passionate exhultation by Invictus

There is truly no greater British dish than the full English breakfast. It is upon the Full English Breakfast that the empire was started. Hell, we needed all that empire-building just to burn off the damned calories.

Every morning I have a mini English breakfast which comprises four rashers of bacon, baked beans, mashed potato, black pudding, two fried eggs, grilled tomato and grilled mushroom with a glass of orange juice.

Before an expedition I have the Invictal Full English Breakfast, it comprises the following.

Starter:
Bowl of cereal, any sort.

Left plate:
Toast, jam, butter.

Centre plate:
Fried bread, two sausages, three rashers of bacon, baked beans, hash-browns (not quite what it sounds like), grilled tomato, grilled mushroom and black pudding.

To drink:
A cup of tea and a short series of glasses of orange juice.

Bloody, excellent.

biggrin

I have something similar for breakfast every weekend (Thursday/Friday). smile  

Knightsedge
Crew

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:14 am
I am fully supporting the traditional roast! Oh my goodness, now that's heaven on a plate! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:19 am
vanilla.pod
I am fully supporting the traditional roast! Oh my goodness, now that's heaven on a plate! heart

I am with you on that one and no mistake...Only yesterday I prepared roast lamb for the screaming hordes. It went down rather well, keeping them quiet for a good half hour.

Bliss. biggrin  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:29 am
illyrianth
I am with you on that one and no mistake...Only yesterday I prepared roast lamb for the screaming hordes. It went down rather well, keeping them quiet for a good half hour.

Bliss. biggrin

You...you...you have kids?? sad  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:31 am
Invictus_88
illyrianth

Bliss. biggrin

You...you...you have kids?? sad

Dear GODS no...~lmao~

I have friends who come round fairly often...and they are always fed and watered to the best of my ability. It's only polite, doncherno...heheh  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:35 am
One of my American friends always finds the idea of Spotted d**k particularly hilarious...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:08 am
illyrianth
One of my American friends always finds the idea of Spotted d**k particularly hilarious...

haha. I still can't keep a straight face when someone is offered some of that vile dessert. whee  

Knightsedge
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:09 am
Had that for all my years of primary school, I'm afraid to say I sniggered every time..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:12 am
Knightsedge
illyrianth

haha. I still can't keep a straight face when someone is offered some of that vile dessert. whee

It is quite amusing ... =D Do any of you know why it's called that, anyhow? I'd try and offer a guess myself, but I'm afraid that wouldn't lead to good places whee  

Switchblade no Demi

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:15 am
Switchblade no Demi
Knightsedge
illyrianth

It is quite amusing ... =D Do any of you know why it's called that, anyhow? I'd try and offer a guess myself, but I'm afraid that wouldn't lead to good places whee

Don't worry...it couldn't possibly get any worse than the yoghurt discussion... xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:18 am
illyrianth
Switchblade no Demi
Knightsedge
illyrianth

Don't worry...it couldn't possibly get any worse than the yoghurt discussion... xd

Sssh! Don't tempt Fate! xd She's evil, you know.

::looks around nervously to make sure she isn't watching::

I'd imagine it was named after someone called d**k?

Switchblade no Demi

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:09 am
Nah, I found the innocent history of the recipe:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mspotteddick.html&e=8238

biggrin  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces