Submit

Abarat?
  YES!!
  Maybe
  No, gold please now
View Results

murphyad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 am
The Abarat is another world under different stars. There are 25 Islands one of each hour of the day and 25th being all of time. Each island is the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of those times of the day. Candy the heroine from the hereafter, Minnasota, finds herself mixed up in several different things in the Abarat though she doesn't know her full involvement. THis is the first book of the series.

This is a great book and I think that the pictures in them (painted by the author) are amazing

Have you read this book?
how about the sequel?
Do you think that the pictures add or take away from the story?
Did you find the story to be orignal ?
They are making a movies, Clive Barker got disney to back him  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:55 pm
Never heard of it. It sounds like something I should put on my "to read" list though.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 am
It's been a while, but I really enjoyed it. I was waiting for the rumored third one to come out, but as afar as I know, it never did.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 am
Love the books,
have both at home,
I think the drawings just make the book more special.
Do you know when the third book will be out?  

Hlyda

bunnyrulerofthemoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:07 pm
I loved both books. I haven't read them in a while though. The drawing were really interesting, but I don't think my version of the book has any. crying

I didn't know there was going to be a movie. I'm slightly aprehensive; I don't really like movie adaptations of books, but some can be good.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 pm
The art in it is totally unique, which I love! heart Malingo, John Serpent, and Christopher Carrion are my favourite characters. With Carrion dead in the second I doubt I'll read the rest of the series because for me to truly enjoy a book the villian has to be interesting, and now only Carrion's grandmother remains and she doesn't interest me. In spite of the fact that I won't read more, I applaud Clive Barker for coming out with such an original plot in world full of cliches. exclaim  

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

murphyad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:49 pm
I am unsure of when the i think they might wait until Inkheart is out nor is there any talk of the third book on any of his sites though i know we are all anxious about it  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:32 pm
I love the series and all the art in it just add to the splendor that is Abarat. heart Im not to fond of the idea of the movie being made by disney though Im afraid their going to ruin it by making it too child friendly.  

MerrySoul

Sweetest Ghost

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces