Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Guys, i need help... Plz read. =( Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JapanFreak320

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:55 pm
Well, my parents took anime away from me, as in i can never watch it or read the manga again. What should i do? ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:02 pm
They're not letting you watch it even if it's on TV? Is it because of money issues or because they feel it's a waste of time or it's "inappropriate"? What you're able to do depends on the reasoning behind it I suppose.

I wouldn't be able to have my manga taken away from me crying  

Zalantra

Kingkong541

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:00 am
well, why don't you ask them why they took it away in the first place? If it was for something that you could improve on, BARGAIN! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:12 pm
Just go to these websites.

For anime: Crunchyroll, they may not be in english, but at least they have subtitles.

For Manga: Onemanga, which has literally over 100 different manga series. They even have manga that comes directly from the japanese shonen jump, that gets translated by normal people and posted onto the site. You can read an ongoing manga chapter weeks, maybe months before it comes out in the U.S.  

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Dapper Businessman

5,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:27 pm
Listen to your parents. If you think what they did is unnecessary explain the circumstances and inquire why this is happening. If they have a valid reason then you should obey your parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 pm
Whoa I don't think i could live without my anime do what u can to get it back and good luck  

Dessedac

LucyOnee

4,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:48 am
1st you should understand why did they do that.
2nd there are a lot of manga online reader web sites
3rd for anime you can go to youyube, veoh or simply to a torrent site e download it ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 pm
Yes I agree with all these answers above and good luck with all this !! 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

dfakdf

Totaku Chuuei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:08 pm
I feel badly for you but..., *gathers emotions* please don't post about a problem you are having, especially one like this, without providing details so we know how to help you. If it was something you did, then there is no way to help you, but if it's something unreasonable your parent's believe about anime, then (and I am serious about this) write an argument paper with good format to collect your thoughts and gather some points to argue as to why anime isn't "bad for me" or why you should be able to watch/read it again.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:24 pm
Totoko makes a good point  

Dessedac

Shy Love Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am
Yeah he does have a point, if you did something wrong, they could be justified, but on the other hand if you did nothing, then my gosh, wow, that is unfortunate, in both situations.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 pm
Saiyajin of the Twilight
Just go to these websites.

For anime: Crunchyroll, they may not be in english, but at least they have subtitles.

For Manga: Onemanga, which has literally over 100 different manga series. They even have manga that comes directly from the japanese shonen jump, that gets translated by normal people and posted onto the site. You can read an ongoing manga chapter weeks, maybe months before it comes out in the U.S.

I use Veoh.com even more than CrunchyRoll~
Even more so if you download the BETA, but your parents will probably notice that. >.>

--&&Hollow  

X_Hollow Insanity_X

Hikari Makoto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:52 pm
what did u do?
i'm jus really curious now...i can't imagine y u suddenly had it taken away...did u ask them y?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 am
Dessedac
Totoko makes a good point

It's Totaku, but thank you for agreement. I typically don't make points at all unless I know they will make sense. wink  

Totaku Chuuei

Ninjistix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:00 am
User Image

here's ways you can get your anime razz and at no cost (cept for 3 of them..)

To Watch Anime Online:
:Alluc: ~all anime is hosted on a 3rd party website but is well listed and organized
:AnimeCrave: ~all anime/movies/ovas are in english "dubbed" in high quality streaming (cost $5 a month)
:AnimeFever: ~anime is hosted on there website but you are limited to how much you can watch a day etc..
:AnimeEpisodes: ~all anime is hosted on there servers, no limits, only set back is anime is limited
:YouTube: ~if you seach and you find it good for you.. if its bad quality well thats youtube for you smile
:Veoh: ~if you seach and you find it.. good for you.. if its perfect quality then "kudos"
:CrunchyRoll: ~alot of free fansubs at medium quality.. and the sizes are horrible sometimes.. i dont waste my time here anymore..

To Download Anime Directly:
:AnimeA: ~all/most anime is hosted on a 3rd party site such as megaupload/rapidshare etc..
:AnimeDownloadz: ~all/most anime is hosted on a 3rd party site such as megaupload/rapidshare etc..
:AnimeEDEN: ~all anime is hosted on there servers.. i haven't downloaded from here yet but the have alot of things to choose from
:AnimeNuke: ~by far the best website for download anime iv come across so far.. all anime is rmvb quality (for you who don't know its a real player code" well anyways they have alot of anime and you can subscribe for as low as $3 a month wink ) rmvb's are coded resized files instead of 170-260mb the files are all 45-90mb each
:AnimeUpload: ~all/most anime is hosted on a 3rd party site such as megaupload/rapidshare etc..
:Da-Anime: ~all/most anime is hosted on a 3rd party site such as megaupload/rapidshare etc..
:Da-Animes: ~all/most anime is hosted on a 3rd party site such as megaupload/rapidshare etc..
:Narutofob: ~all anime is hosted on there servers.. i was a member here ones never downloaded anything tho (wasted $5 yes i know)

To Download Anime Via Torrent/p2p:
:AnimeSuki: ~requires torrent clients to download eg.. TorrentStorm (is what i use)
:Anime-Source:~requires torrent clients to download eg.. TorrentStorm (is what i use)
:Baka-Updates:~requires torrent clients to download eg.. TorrentStorm (is what i use)
:Box Torrents:~requires torrent clients to download eg.. TorrentStorm (is what i use)
:isoHunt:~requires torrent clients to download eg.. TorrentStorm (is what i use)

i have/had more websites to watch anime from.. i might remember them sooner or later i always do when i need anime.. yes i say remember them because i reformatted my computer and lost all my anime/movies/music/files and everything...

User Image

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces