Submit

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 pm
It gets under my skin so much because the people who say it have no idea what they're talking about. They're always nagging mothers or preaching politicians that haven't a clue what they're saying and think video games = Manhunt or GTA.

I wish I could just make this point:
Video games don't make kids more violent/irresponsilble/dumb/whatever and more than movies do and there are a lot more movies than there are games!
I have a solution! You're a crap parent! Stop blaming games for your ineptitude!

That'd learn 'em!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 am
I get annoyed when people go 'that games crap' and they've never played it!
I know it's a bit off topic, but it is about assumption.....
LOLZ, there was this one guy who said that Zelda: PH was crap, 2 weeks later he'd bought it and was addicted! mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:29 am
I am fortunate enough to have a mother who plays games almost as much as I do!(and shes 52!)...hell she has more stars in Super Mario galaxy then I do....

I completely agree with Georgie about people who judge games before they play them. People are always doing that with the Harvest Moon series.....just because it's a "farming simulation" game doesn't mean it's boring! There is much more to those games then that!
crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 pm
It's very common behaviour to blame someone else for your own lack of responsibility, sometimes those people aren't even aware that it is in fact them who are responsible. Sometimes they just want to feel better about themselves by pointing at something else.

And the most obvious thing to point at is popular media, especially if you don't understand it - that makes it even more easy.

Regardless, I have good hopes that even if the current parental generation doesn't learn about this in time, at least the next one (which I guess is our generation sweatdrop ) will know better, meaning that the problem will go over time.

This is just like Elvis, The Beatles or backmasking rock music. XD  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

HyperTiare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 am
Card Queen
It gets under my skin so much because the people who say it have no idea what they're talking about. They're always nagging mothers or preaching politicians that haven't a clue what they're saying and think video games = Manhunt or GTA.

I wish I could just make this point:
Video games don't make kids more violent/irresponsilble/dumb/whatever and more than movies do and there are a lot more movies than there are games!
I have a solution! You're a crap parent! Stop blaming games for your ineptitude!

That'd learn 'em!

LMAO "you're a crap parent" I definitly feel the same. I hate it when all these idiots blame games for every retard kid who goes nuts n pops a bunch of people.

I remember once way back I saw a news story retelling what happened when this kid went crazy n tryed to shoot or stab some ppl (don't recall which) and the first thing that they in the report was a clip of some kid playing doom and a voice over saying "after playing violent videogames.... etc" like wtf?

a crazy kids gonna loose it n kill people because HE'S CRAZY not because he got to shoot a guy in a game.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:41 am
I would like to agree with you all,I really would,so I am sweatdrop  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:13 am
You are wise Fairy, those who disagree with us get thrown into the vat of broken PlayStation 2s and X-Box 360s.

...we never see them again evil  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:38 am
eek  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:25 pm
...move along. Nothing to see here...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:30 am
I know, I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!!! If you hate people blaming games, play I'm O.K. It is basically all about how that stuff is a load of crap. Sorry if I sound like I am advertising...  

NameHasBeenChanged

7,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 pm
eek I-I--I.....I eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm
evil ... ...yes..
..ahem... Advertising is fine here... but you'e got to pay us... me money. Lot's of money. There's rules and issues... tricky business... can only be solved by... very large payment. Legal fees and such....

scream GIMME THE CASH!!!!!!!!!  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:57 am
*Backs away slowly* eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:32 pm
people who blame games are soooo annoying  

Metal Malicious

4,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

rya12344

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 am
Card Queen
You are wise Fairy, those who disagree with us get thrown into the vat of broken PlayStation 2s and X-Box 360s.

...we never see them again evil

omg that sounds worse than the disco room and the birdo room put together! gonk  
Boo's Graveyard [The place where dead threads go...]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff