Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
which makes more money? mage or crusader?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which makes more mesos?
  Ice/Lightning Wizard
  Crusader
View Results

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:18 pm
So I have a poor s**t lvl 40 assassin (i buy lots of stuff ahead of time like a moron, plus i have my own guild i had to expand) and a friend of mine told me that she has a mage and that she makes about a mil a day. Then when I was training my mage character (which btw i made before she told me this) i was talking to this one girl who was on a mule assassin, and she said that every week she sends 10 mil to this mule. So I asked which makes more money an Ice/Lighting mage or a crusader (Now mind you my friend's mage is lvl 60, and this girl's crusader was around the same lvl), and she said that a crusader does. So now I'm confused because I really need to make money im MS and killing ceillions alone doesnt cut it, and I dont know if I should keep training my mage so I can get money, or if I should just make a crusader instead. Can someone please help me out of this weird situation?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:49 pm
I'm not sure entirely on either but I would say a mage would once in the higher levels of course 5-6x but I would think a cleric in it's 6x woiuld actually be better for money making or a Spear.

Why cleric?
A Cleric when it Reaches it's 6x because you won't have to worry about HP Potions at all. Then if you max Magic Drain, I mean what more could you want Magic Drain and Healing so you won't have to buy a huge load of MP pots as well.

Plus Tele will help you get around the map. So there for you won't be MEGA slow because of Tele. Like say you went to Wraiths or Zombies at 6x you'd make a pretty penny I would think.

Why Spearman
A spearman has HB which as we know boost's it's hp so you will have hp that will last you for sometime. Depending what your training on too I would say but it would last you for quite sometime you know?

Plus you wouldn't have to buy to many mp pots I would think.

As for what the classes your friend suggested umm reasons why I think which class would be helpfull.

I/L
Well because it has ice strike which can freez of course, or there is Bolt which can attack with a distance decently.

Though I think it would be a better money maker in it's 3rd job. Why? because if you go to monsters you can freez after you hit about 73 if you pick the right skills you wont have to worry TO much about being hit, that and you have Tele.

Crusader

Why because of the fact of it's high Strength to fighting monsters. So you could kill pretty decently and have good health.

Then you have third Job and you have Roar different from Dragon Roar but similar...and you can attack at a pretty good Distance I think but I'm not to sure on this one since I haven't seen to many crusaders use it often.

Expensive classes

The classes I would think that use the most money though I would have to say would probably be... The Bandit Class and the Assassin class as well. Bandits Because there close range of course and in third Job to help reduce damage you have to use Money for Messo Gaurd, then you have Messo Explosion, and close attacks. It makes it to ware you need hp and mp money and Messo guard and messo explosion money.

Then assassins because you have to buy and refill throwing stars Idk much about there other skills though really. I hear though that FJ uses up a lot of magic.

IDK
As for Archer class I can't really say since I don't have much info about it. Though I have a xbowmen but I haven't really played long enough to understand all of it's money saving.

Good places for money.

Sakuras -
Voodoos -
Hoodoos -
Zombies -

All so there are many quests you can make good scrolls and items from, suggested quests would be The NLC quests Some of them Give you good items, and Attack WG Scrolls 1. 60% and 1. 70%

Rinesia

DethHauq

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:58 pm
Every now and then, someone will tell you that so-and-so makes more money than blah-blah-blah, though actually it is the person behind the character comfortable with the skills and such whilst training. Personally thats my opinion. What are YOU most comfortable with?

I made about 90-100k every 30 minutes killing Sakura Cellions on a lvl50 Fighter. My friend whose a 63 cleric said he made up to 1 mil a day because of his heal and holy arrow stare he also got the best drops. He said he funded his characters with a lvl40 hunter...and that archers make the most money. My ice/lighting dude is only lvl33 so I dont know about them...but I made a killing on fire mages.

So after a while you'll come to realize that everyone has a different perspective on what job makes the most money.

Although mages can kill alot and you'll be a millionaire blah-blah their potions are kinda expensive so you'll only be able to make a lot of money and be able to save it up if you max out "MP Eater".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:22 am
Yeah, but it's not that hard and I would say with a cleric, it doesn't really need it's holly arrow? so wouldn't you just skip out on that? that way you can have Heal,Bless,MP Eater, and Tele.

I had a friend max mp eater and he rarely ever has to re-pot ever when he trains because of this. Then again HE DOES have a point though sometimes it does depend on the person.

I still am sticking with my theory I put above though.

Rinesia

yanglui8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 am
I think crusader because you dont to buy that many pots  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:48 pm
Rinesia
I'm not sure entirely on either but I would say a mage would once in the higher levels of course 5-6x but I would think a cleric in it's 6x woiuld actually be better for money making or a Spear.

Why cleric?
A Cleric when it Reaches it's 6x because you won't have to worry about HP Potions at all. Then if you max Magic Drain, I mean what more could you want Magic Drain and Healing so you won't have to buy a huge load of MP pots as well.

Plus Tele will help you get around the map. So there for you won't be MEGA slow because of Tele. Like say you went to Wraiths or Zombies at 6x you'd make a pretty penny I would think.

Why Spearman
A spearman has HB which as we know boost's it's hp so you will have hp that will last you for sometime. Depending what your training on too I would say but it would last you for quite sometime you know?

Plus you wouldn't have to buy to many mp pots I would think.

My DK was always poor. sweatdrop We basically need Hyper body to stay alive, Pages and Fighters both get Power guard which cuts damage by a percentage and makes potion consumption much less.

Hyper body also takes 50 MP to recast, I've only found my MP quickly draining from it. Later on though, when the % based potions are worth buying, we get a lot out of cheaper potions. I've still found myself having a hard time making profits though.

Cleric is probably the best class for making money since it can mob, heal and have a pretty slowly depleting MP bar.

Both of these classes in 3rd job though tend to train together. Meaning they share/split drops, and since most of the healable monsters drop worthless items there's not much of a profit in training this way.

As for the question, it depends on their levels. I've been able to make a good profit on anything that can kill Sakura Cellions and Torties/Clangs well. I'd say the I/L if it has enough MP to make good use of %-based MP potions.  

phillipo
Crew

Artess

General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:13 am
Thieves are horrible on the wallet because their equipment is so expensive. Ultimately you have to understand that EVERY class is expensive. High level maps always make you lose money, regardless of what class you are. Training at Himes is really good, but you burn potions like a plane burns fuel. I was a bowman, but though bowmen are theoretically "cheap" I spent 700 million on equipment. 700 MILLION! Trust me, the 114 att Metus, (if you ever find one,) will not cost you any less than a Dragon Kreda.

The idea that any class "makes money" is fiction. At higher levels, you break even or lose. The game is designed to make you spend, so you burn on Gach and double drop, etc. In order to make money, you need to know what you're doing. My lvl 127 f/p friend deals with this by taking regular trips to Zombies, (worthless for her in leveling,) racks up full inventories of Teeth, sells them, and uses that money for potions in her actual leveling. Training on REAL maps will not make you rich, because that's not how the game is designed. Some classes are definitely more expensive. I honestly don't know how someone can justify using Meso Explosion to level. It just sounds obscene.

Ultimately, the choice of what you play is up to YOU. Maple is not a short game, and you'll be playing your character for a long time. You need to stick to one character and play that character diligently. That way, you'll eventually be lvl 120, and it'll be great. Who is better? The lvl 120 Bishop, or the Lvl 120 Hero? The truth is, they're both great. Therefore, research the skills, and choose the ones YOU like the most. Great equipment is ultimately not everything. One of my high lvl Maple friends made it to lvl 96 with a 6 att wg and a 100 att Arund. She is currently one of the roughly 20 legit bowmasters on my server. One of my best friends was a leveling god, leveling faster than almost anyone I've seen, and he was a blunt weapon White Knight, which is probably the most disdained class. ANYTHING can be good. It's what you want that makes it good.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:44 am
Well said Artess~

my gawd u guys can type up a storm~ xd  

Vanillaware

Beloved Phantom

10,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Feather

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:59 pm
A million a day? Sounds like massive exaggeration to me. Either that or zero life and double item drop from cash shop.  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games