Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Tv Station (Games & Anime)
HELP!!! PORBLEM WITH POKEMON SAPPHIRE & FIRE RED!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I like Pokemon you ask???
  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

yexalen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:36 am
I'm trying to trade pokemon with my Pokemon Fire Red and my friend's Pokemon Sapphire. I've already got the teh crystals in Fire Red, so I should be able to trade with Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire. But when I connect the link cable nothing happened!!! It says: Please wait.... ....B: Cancel. And I checked if the cable was the problem but it worked perfectly with my Pokemon Crystal & Silver. SO, I don't know what the problem is!!!!!!!!! I'm frustated, could you help me??

PS: If you have an answer, please, I'll appreciated if you send me a PM.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:56 am
yexalen
I'm trying to trade pokemon with my Pokemon Fire Red and my friend's Pokemon Sapphire. I've already got the teh crystals in Fire Red, so I should be able to trade with Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire. But when I connect the link cable nothing happened!!! It says: Please wait.... ....B: Cancel. And I checked if the cable was the problem but it worked perfectly with my Pokemon Crystal & Silver. SO, I don't know what the problem is!!!!!!!!! I'm frustated, could you help me??

PS: If you have an answer, please, I'll appreciated if you send me a PM.

Sounds like you use the wrong kind of cable. The cable that is used to game boy color does not work with game boy advance, nor does the GBA cable work with GBC. So that is most likely your problem.

If you have a spare wireless adapter I suggest you use them instead. Also, do your friend have the National Dex?  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm
I'm pretty sure Sapphire and Ruby don't need the National Dex, so your problem is most likely the cable. You may not have completly finished the gem quest thing, either. Make sure that you brought tham back to whoever it was who asked for them. But I would bet it's the cable. The GBA cables are pretty cheap, i think mine was 8 dollars, but the not-nintendo ones are cheaper and work just the same. Wireless adaptors don't work on Sapphire and Ruby, though. (Sorry if I sound like I'm correcting you, Krishnath, but false information is dangerous....)

EDIT: so, due to my lack of a life, I went and unearthed my sister's GBA and then found mine, which luckily wasn't buried under piles of junk, and tested some of that stuff I just said. No-National-Dex Ruby version was definatly able to communicate with Fire Red using both a Nintendo cable and a cheapy Walmart one. It's not compatible with the wireless adaptor.

So, chances are, you used the wrong cable, or there's always the possibility that the cable wasn't plugged in all the way or there was dirt or dust in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:35 am
Negai Boshi
I'm pretty sure Sapphire and Ruby don't need the National Dex, so your problem is most likely the cable. You may not have completly finished the gem quest thing, either. Make sure that you brought tham back to whoever it was who asked for them. But I would bet it's the cable. The GBA cables are pretty cheap, i think mine was 8 dollars, but the not-nintendo ones are cheaper and work just the same. Wireless adaptors don't work on Sapphire and Ruby, though. (Sorry if I sound like I'm correcting you, Krishnath, but false information is dangerous....)

EDIT: so, due to my lack of a life, I went and unearthed my sister's GBA and then found mine, which luckily wasn't buried under piles of junk, and tested some of that stuff I just said. No-National-Dex Ruby version was definatly able to communicate with Fire Red using both a Nintendo cable and a cheapy Walmart one. It's not compatible with the wireless adaptor.

So, chances are, you used the wrong cable, or there's always the possibility that the cable wasn't plugged in all the way or there was dirt or dust in it.

No problems. As you said, False info is bad. ^^  

krishnath

Tv Station (Games & Anime)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces