Reply Music - Related Topics
Blutengel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xStephanx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 pm
The more I hear the more stunned I am at their brillianthood. I heard them on a freinds MP3 player on a trip home from London and I've been addicted ever since.

Some top tracks:

The Oxidising Angel
Fairyland
Bloody Kisses
The Nagivator
For Her

I'm not so big on the whole vampire image, but it can be forgiven when they sound so awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 pm
IF you like them, you'd probably like Cinderella Effect too. It's Blutengel's singer Constance Rudert's solo project.
http://www.myspace.com/cinderellaeffect  

Sinister Kung Fu

xStephanx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 am
Thanks, I'll give that a spin.

I also love how this and the Mortiis thread have gotten less response than a thread on Korn in the same duration of time. Or how we have 6 pages on Marilyn Manson and 2 pages on Dimmu Borgir but nothing on Wolfsheim.

Maybe I should make a guild called 'Got Metal?' and watch to see if they all make threads about darkwave and related genres.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 am
All in all, I don't really listen to much darkwave anymore. I'm more into deathrock and anarcho-punk lately.  

Sinister Kung Fu

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm
I myself like what little of Blutengel's work I've heard, but plainly, I know I wouldn't like them if I heard more. I like Chris Pohl's voice well enough, but there are other groups who intrigue me far more.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:56 am
Its a shame their not on tour right now because I've got everything crossed that they play Wave Gotik Treffen. eek

What have you heard Gil? Their quality varies a lot because they are guilty of a lot of album filler, but the best stuff they put out really gets me.

EDIT: Just checked out Cineralla Effect. Not amazing, but their cover of Standing by VNV Nation was awesome.  

xStephanx

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:56 am
A friend told me about them, i like their style nice n_n  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:52 pm
xStephanx
What have you heard Gil?

Mostly their big-name tracks. The kind of tracks they'd put on their MySpace page (not having been to theirs, I wouldn't know if they are). Oxidising Angel, Vampire Romance, and the like.  

GilAskan
Crew

DioRte

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:54 am
I can't decide on if I like or tolerate their vocalist. Not a fan of most chick vocals, though, and they're no exception. Almost thought they were a German band when I saw the name, so I didn't really bother to check [after hearing so much Rammstein, I loved them at first, now I'm tired of them for some reason, and figured the same would apply here]. I'm pleasantly surprised, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:32 am
DioRte
Almost thought they were a German band when I saw the name

They are a German band.  

Sinister Kung Fu

DioRte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 pm
Ok, German-speaking/singing band. Ought to have clarified, but I figured you'd get what I meant. The engel part is obviously German, and I'm sure blut means something, but I don't know 100% what. I was expecting another Rammstein, that was my point U_U;  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:10 pm
Naw, nothing like Rammstein. No industrial-rock here.

In fact even in darkwave their stuff isn't really generic.  

xStephanx

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:49 pm
i enjoy blutengel.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:30 am
You are correct DioRte Blut means Blood, fits quite well here.

I like what I've heard so far, quite funky, I'd dance to it.

Tainted Deity

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:50 pm
i lik em'

mys favorite songs are:
bloody pleasures and night of sin....  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items