Reply Creative Center [Share your skills with us!]
The result of an English assignment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it any good?
  Yes! Very!
  You should continue it! (Thats not going to happen)
  Erm....it's ok....
  It was a waste of time to read D:
View Results

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:10 pm
I had to write a story about a journey that was at least 500 words long. I was quite pleased with the finished product.

The Light and the Hopeful
By Allie Lent

A faint clatter filled the room as the guest gently set her teacup down upon its saucer. The flickering illumination of candlelight revealed the details of the being’s face. She was a young woman of mid-twenties. Her strawberry blonde hair spun down her back in a gentle wave and her golden eyes shown with optimism as if reflecting the sun’s rays.

“Something odd is going on,” complained a tired voice from the other side of the table. “Normal people don’t go barging into their friend’s homes at this time of night!”

The visiting woman calmly took another sip of tea and gave a simple reply. “I never once have claimed to be normal…besides…I did not barge in. I knocked first.”

A disgruntled sigh came from across the table. The unwilling host was Katherine, a twenty-eight year old woman who had known her guest since they were small children. Her normally silky, black hair was now a knotted mess. She had been woken up by her friend’s intrusion and had not yet gotten a chance to get ready for the day. She rested her head on the table in a drowsy fashion.

“Just tell me why you’re here at such a wretched hour,” Katherine demanded, wishing to be back in bed.

“I am going to find the Light of Cielta.”

“Eileen…H-have you gone made?!” Katherine had jumped out of her chair. She seared Eileen’s eyes for some hint of humor; wait for a mockery in the form of giggles and a sly smirk. It was not to come. The statement had not been a joke. She was really leaving, leaving in search of something that may not even exist.

Eileen gazed up at the shocked Katherine for a few draining moments. A faint, lonely smile was formed by her lips as she stood up. Eileen said nothing and turned around, slowly heading towards the door. She only looked back once. As she did so she gave a slight nod. That nod had one meaning and one alone. That meaning was “good-bye.”

Five years had passed since Eileen left in search of the Light of Cielta. The Light of Cielta was a legend known throughout her homeland. According to the legend, the Light of Cielta is the physical form of purity and tranquility. By finding the Light of Cielta one could create an era of peace to last thousands of years. That was exactly Eileen’s intention.

At the time most couldn’t find sense in Eileen’s actions for all was peaceful; however, she had foreseen its end in a dream. It soon turned out that she had been correct. About two months after setting out war had erupted between her home of Lorelm and the neighboring kingdom of Pokko. So far the war had essentially been a stalemate. There was no sign of an end in the coming years.

Eileen’s hope had been running thin until half a year ago. The wise elder of small village had given her an ancient book. In its pages could be found references that revealed a possible location of the Light of Cielta. Eileen had spent many sleepless nights researching, trying to pinpoint the exactly place. This had brought her to a small cave near the summit of a mountain.

She knew immediately that she must have been at the right location. The trek up had been torturous due to bitter winds and numbing snow upon the ground. Despite this, at the entrance of cave where she stood grass grew healthily and flowers bloomed. There was no doubt that inside was some supernatural force that created and protected life.

Eileen strode into the cave, a new energy flowing through her body. After only a few minutes of walking she had reached her destination. It was a circular chamber that was completely empty except for the very center. A crystal structure towered at least ten feet high, inside there was an orb of blue light radiating its glow throughout the chamber. Eileen gazed in awe for several moments before slowly making way her to the center. As she reached out and placed her hand upon the crystal, the light suddenly intensified. She was consumed by the holy warmth that would now save her world.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:28 am
You have been gifted with writing(Everyone seems to gifted with writing or drawing in this sub-forum!)  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Creative Center [Share your skills with us!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff