Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Anon vs Scientology - CLASH OF THE TITANS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 pm
So I assume we all know about the Anonymi protesting Scientology, if not heres a link:

http://deathboy.livejournal.com/1082404.html

Now I'm wondering, which side do you feel is most justified in its actions, Scientology trying to sue the Anon's or the Anon's getting lulz out of Scientology, add to that how would you explain in a court of law, that Rick Astley caused a disturbance? (Yes they rick roll'd the place). The Anon's aren't trying to stop the beliefs of the people, they do however feel that in its present form and leadership Scientology is nothing more then a cult, its founder is quoted as saying; "If you want to be a millionaire, found your own religion." making the cult point a valid argument.

What are you views on the whole subject?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:29 am
I think it's hilarious that people think "Anonymous" is some sort of organized gang.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:01 am
Sinister Kung Fu
I think it's hilarious that people think "Anonymous" is some sort of organized gang.
Cracks me up too, we all know its an ideal designed to present a united internet of no names, no numbers and a bunch of sick bastards. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 pm
Sinister Kung Fu

It's pissing me the ******** off, actually.

I keep encountering people on the internet (as seen in a currently running anti-Scientology thread in the anime forum) who seem to think Scientology is the most evil organization on the planet, and that Anon is some righteous savior of humanity.

I thought it was hilarious at first when the media thought they were a real political organization (as opposed to the loosely defined movement that they are). But now that people are actually supporting that alleged political organization? It's like some concensus reality.  

GilAskan
Crew

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:37 pm
GilAskan

I thought it was hilarious at first when the media thought they were a real political organization (as opposed to the loosely defined movement forum trolls that they are). But now that people are actually supporting that alleged political organization? It's like some concensus reality.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:52 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
GilAskan

I thought it was hilarious at first when the media thought they were a real political organization (as opposed to the loosely defined movement forum trolls that they are). But now that people are actually supporting that alleged political organization? It's like some concensus reality.
Well to be honest. I'm (due to circumstances I have no controller) mod on 2 emo forums (how I still don't know... all I did was flame and laugh at them).... so you know, the more the anon's are tied up with scientology the easier things are for me.

Besides what is it they are saying? They don't care what peoples beliefs are, they are against the fact this is a 'faith' the move up its ranks requires donations of large amounts of money and protects its texts via copyright laws and frivolous lawsuits.' So of course with that view present, theres going to be a back lash against scientology.  

Rellik San
Crew

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:23 am
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:35 pm
Rellik San
Besides what is it they are saying? They don't care what peoples beliefs are, they are against the fact this is a 'faith' the move up its ranks requires donations of large amounts of money and protects its texts via copyright laws and frivolous lawsuits.' So of course with that view present, theres going to be a back lash against scientology.

Wow, it's probably been months since this was posted and I just came back into the thread...

Anyway, yeah, I'm not a supporter of the church per se, I'm just frustrated with Anon members who physically or verbally assault the members. I personally know Anon members who have vandalized the house of a Scientologist.

I really think the IRS should look into the Church of Scientology, and I also think the Church should be more willing to present inexpensive options to the public. Having a flat-rate for all potential members is absurd. Even Islam, which is a pretty demanding religion on a daily basis, has members give up a percentage of their yearly earnings rather than a flay rate.  

GilAskan
Crew

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 pm
GilAskan

Wow, it's probably been months since this was posted and I just came back into the thread...

Anyway, yeah, I'm not a supporter of the church per se, I'm just frustrated with Anon members who physically or verbally assault the members. I personally know Anon members who have vandalized the house of a Scientologist.

I really think the IRS should look into the Church of Scientology, and I also think the Church should be more willing to present inexpensive options to the public. Having a flat-rate for all potential members is absurd. Even Islam, which is a pretty demanding religion on a daily basis, has members give up a percentage of their yearly earnings rather than a flay rate.

Well I'm personally a Scientologist and I have worked in the Church of Scientology of Milan as well. Scientology do not get any money support from the state unlike other religions and if you think about it you have A LOT to pay if you consider 200 people that work there( spekaing about Milan), the building, producing the books etc. Ofc would be good to give some free service to public but i believe atm is not really possible :< So at the end you pay the books you buy and the service you receive from the staff.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 pm
GothicRavn
GilAskan

Well I'm personally a Scientologist and I have worked in the Church of Scientology of Milan as well. Scientology do not get any money support from the state unlike other religions and if you think about it you have A LOT to pay if you consider 200 people that work there( spekaing about Milan), the building, producing the books etc. Ofc would be good to give some free service to public but i believe atm is not really possible :< So at the end you pay the books you buy and the service you receive from the staff.

Scientology is a cult designed to give control, money and power to a select few. Of course, you are free to be a servant to greedy con-artists.*

*Really, you can do whatever you want. I may scoff at your decisions, but they are yours to make.  

zz1000zz
Crew

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm
zz1000zz
GothicRavn
GilAskan

Scientology is a cult designed to give control, money and power to a select few. Of course, you are free to be a servant to greedy con-artists.*

*Really, you can do whatever you want. I may scoff at your decisions, but they are yours to make.

thanks =P  
Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff