Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Ever had a veg*n version.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:03 pm
...of something you didn't eat as a meat-eater or vegetarian?

I recently had a cream cheese substitute in a sandwich, but I never actually ate cream cheese to compare it with.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 am
I hated bacon even when I ate meat, but I tried the tempeh bacon strips. I thought they were pretty good, mostly cause they really didn't taste like bacon. I loved the texture. There were alot of things I hadn't tried yet when I was a meat eater, mostly because meat dishes tend to be uncreative, so I've since varied my diet alot more.  

deathpixie

loony x lovegood
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:38 pm

I never drank milk but I love soy milk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm
I like veggie burgers and tvp is bearable. When I ate meat, I hated red meat in general.
And milk. I hated milk, but I can tolerate soymilk. I like it in cereal. sweatdrop  

rabbitsalad

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:15 pm
v e g a n l i c i o u s

*raises her chocolate soymilk glass* ditto!

I'm actually sliiightly lactose-intolerent, so milk was always gross-tasting AND unpleasent for my tummy ;_; But soymilk is the best!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:23 pm
spacekitten
v e g a n l i c i o u s

I'm actually sliiightly lactose-intolerent, so milk was always gross-tasting AND unpleasent for my tummy ;_; But soymilk is the best!

I couldn't bear drinking it after I found out where it came from (about age 8.)
I was so happy when I became vegetarian because I discovered milk alternatives, cereal & milk again! <3

loony x lovegood
Crew

Resident Cup Cake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:14 pm
v e g a n l i c i o u s
spacekitten
v e g a n l i c i o u s

I couldn't bear drinking it after I found out where it came from (about age 8.)
I was so happy when I became vegetarian because I discovered milk alternatives, cereal & milk again! <3

I hated milk, and I can't drink soya milk, but I can have it on my cereal and its great biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:13 am
Not really. I'll usually try about everything once. That sounds like a funny thing, though. biggrin  

Evil Karma Angel

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm
i'm a milk fanatic
):
i do my best by drinking organic, but i know that's not enough.
i've been looking for alternatives -- i can't STAND soy milk. i tried the vanilla, too. let's just say it didn't work out.

i knew about almond milk, so i lurked around the organic section of randalls the other day and found it. it basically tastes like liquid almonds (go figure), which really isn't that bad. if i decide to go vegan, all the way, almond milk is my substitute of choice.

the problem is that i drink milk very often (i go through about two gallons a week -- i'm ADDICTED to that stuff, and it makes it harder that the organic milk tastes 932384729347 times better than regular, and lasts over a month). i'm really going to have to push in order to go vegan and try to substitute more fruit juices and water in for milk.

oh, i'm going to miss it dearly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:14 pm
i never had bacon when i ate animals. (ew, i hate that i ever did)
& so 4 years ago when i was still veg (now vegan) i had soy bacon and it was AWESOME! heart  

4n4b43r

Zayaxa

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 am
Toasty, I've known of some vegetarians in your situation that have said 'I could never be vegan, I love *insert animal product here* too much!'. I think you deserve a lot of respect for still attempting to go vegan even though you love milk so much biggrin Other alternatives include rice milk and oat milk too, if you can get those. I practically live on the stuff heart

Good luck with giving up milk 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:40 pm
When I was vegetarian some while ago, I probably did - plenty of times.. xD;

OH!
Right, I JUST remembered!!

My family and I regularly visits a vegan restaurant, I used to eat there as a meat eater, and when I transitioned to a vegan, I still did, too, and now I'm vegan.. xD;

It's my favorite restaurant!

We've known it for like, 4 years, and we know some of the workers. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. We still eat there, and they have a mini shop, and we buy stuff from there too.

Actually, when I was vegetarian, I didn't know the food was vegan, even though it said it out on the front on the window it was, LOL. XD;

I only realized it was vegan when I turned vegan, when I bothered to look at the window.. Dx

EDITEDIT:
OHHH! I thought you meant "Did you have a vegan version of something you ate while you were omnivorous/ vegetarian?"

Er, sorry. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Silverleaf28

[The Looney Bin]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm
The dinosaurs are returning...

When I was little my parents would force me to drink milk every night with dinner, and because of that I learned to hate the stuff (I hated/hate the taste and feel/texture anyway).

Then eventually they let up and they didn't make me drink it, they just had me get my calcium from ice cream biggrin .

So for years I went without drinking milk, and when I tried soy milk I absolutely fell in love with the stuff biggrin .

...and they want their oil back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:39 pm
I love chocolate soymilk. But chocolate milk made me feel sick.  

Catherine teh Vegan

The Essence of Evil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:14 am
v e g a n l i c i o u s

Same here.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers