Reply Music - Related Topics
Korn anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:52 pm
Just wondering what people think of Korn, both new and old. They've gone through very drastic changes between their first and last album, going from sounding very raw and grungy to a very alternative sound. They're definitely not Goth rock, but they do have some songs that sound kinda dark. What's your guys' opinion?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 pm
I liked them in 1995, and saw them a few times when they were first starting out. After that, not so much.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:14 am
I like Korn, I don't love them, they are... something I listen to on the radio or on kerrang, but I wouldn't buy an album or see them live... I'd get a mate to burn me the album instead... I dunno its odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 am
I've pretty much fallen out of favor with them after a while, but I admit that I used to like them.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DioRte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:25 pm
They've been getting nothing but negative reviews over in Europe during their touring. Prolly has something to do with the fact that only two of the core members are currently left. One of them is busy visting his dying father, and another's supposed to come back at some point.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:14 pm
I like Korn. New album is not so great. Hold on and Evolution are really good, but the other songs... eh.  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:58 am
Absolutely luv Korn no matter wha!!!!!! no questions asked talk2hand hehe  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Glad to see I'm not the only one =]  

DioRte

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:57 pm
I got their "Best-Of" album a couple years back, and it almost completely turned me off. Since then, I've heard a couple of albums, and they're not too bad. I don't like them, but I can appreciate some of their work.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:08 pm
I never get the Best Ofs for any band. All it ever is is just all the singles and stuff, and singles aren't always the best. For Korn, their singles are generally some of their less-than-amazing songs. I don't think Here to Stay does Untouchables justice anywhere near as much as Wake Up Hate does, nor does Alone I Break. Counting On Me would have been a better single for Take a Look in the Mirror than Did My Time was [one of my least favorite Korn songs]. Their newest album is REALLY alternative, though, so I really don't blame anyone for not liking it. It irks me when people call them Metal or Nu-metal though, since, well, they're not either one >_<;  

DioRte

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:56 am
I was a huge Korn fan when I was a teenager.

Untouchables is dead to me. As far as I'm concerned they went straight from Issues to Take a Look in the Mirror. And that album wasn't that great.

I ******** love Peachy though. That's a great album.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm
i still love korn i used to grow up to nu metal stuff like that, even though im not the biggest fan of their new stuff, but they'll always have a place in my heart along side nu metal hahahaha  

xX x0mbie Xx

Submersion in Perversion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:48 am
I love Korn, old and new. My favorite song, actually, is Cameltosis. The rapper on the track is pretty good and the song's addictive.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:44 pm
I've still yet to hear a single Korn song I dislike. I either like or love any given song by them. Lies, Chi, Cameltosis, Trash, Wake Up Hate, Counting On Me, Love Song, and Sing Sorrow are my favorites from each of their albums. Their next album is going to start being recorded this June/July =]  

DioRte

neeel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 pm
ugg i've met them a few times.. what are the names monky and feely??? they live down the street from me in orange county, i always see them in the mall where i work....they are so sad

yah hate korn  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces