Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Time to terrorize Britain again!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LLT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:35 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:39 pm
Lucky. I hope to travel to England someday.  

Angilwingz

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:16 am
Come to Brighton and go to the beach! Ok, its not all that exciting, but Brighton is a cool place and only two hours away from London on the train. As well as the beach (pebbles though, not sand) there are many fun shops and the Brighton Pavillion 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:25 am
Just remember to buy a bag of chips sometime..  

Invictus_88
Captain

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:51 am
Invictus_88
Just remember to buy a bag of chips sometime..

mmmm, yes, with onion vinegar xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:00 am
Cornwall's good for beaches, but very touristy. Try touring around the country(s), looking at all the lovely landscapes. Yorkshire is quite nice for that. Or you could go round all the major cities and towns, do a bit of chav spotting. They're not exactly hard to find.  

Ph_ish

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:11 am
One word: castles!

*runs around like an idiot with a castle fixation*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:01 am
There's a castle in the town where I go to college, I plan to go visit it one day this year when I have a free at col. - I mean...it can't take all day to look around a castle...can it?

dreaming_mouse

Teta the punisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 am
The castles in england are great, defiantely worth a visit.

'Bodium' is one of the best ive visited, slap bang in the middle of the south and so easy to get to  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:47 pm
dreaming_mouse
There's a castle in the town where I go to college, I plan to go visit it one day this year when I have a free at col. - I mean...it can't take all day to look around a castle...can it?

Where do you go to collage?

Lewes has a pretty castle but I have never been there, I can see it from my English room though.  

girl_no_13

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:37 pm
Ah, yes. Castles and other such historical sites of interest.
If you want a rough guide of what there is, look up English Heritage and the National trust. They most of the castles and historic houses. They've probably both got websites.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 pm
dreaming_mouse
Well... It depends on the size... Castles like Edinburgh take a good few hours. And ones with lots of details like Falkland around the same, maybe slightly longer.
But then theres some that are pretty quick. Kelly is pretty quick and St Andrews would take even less. It depends on size...

But I'm afraid I can't recomend anything in England since I only ever pass through and don't have a clue.
If you were to go up north however...  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

LLT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:56 pm
Cool, thanks for the suggestions everyone. smile England does have some weird a** flavored potato chips (crisps xp ) I remember my fiance getting a big bag of mixed kinds, my favorite was the kind based on potato skins.

I definatly wouldn't mind hitting Scotland though.

Angilwingz - I found a ticket to england for $450 from Massachusetts, USA on travelocity I believe.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:22 am
Perfect. Now all I need is parental permission and a passport. Maybe I should try a work abroad program.  

Angilwingz

Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff