Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Torchwood] BL on the BBC! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:28 pm
Okay, my mom watches Doctor Who incessantly, so when they made this spin off she watched it occasionally. The first episode I watched was the season fanale and I came in halfway through. All I knew was there was there was a hot guy (Jack) sitting at a table and then suddenly he gets up to dance with this other hot guy.
I wasn't really watching but I remember thingking "hmmm they're cute... they should make out." Then I went back to sketching. After a moment the music changed and I look up and ...
O_o !!! They're making out!

After the episode ended my friend called and was like.
"Hey I just watched an episode of this show called Torchwood....!!!" (insert dual squeeling here)
We both started watching it and it's a really good show!
Good on you BBC!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 pm
I love Doctor Who! i havent gotten to Torchwood, but now I'm totally gonna watch it!!! xd  

lawliet-senpai

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 pm
Aa, I had heard that whilst some of the language and violence was cut out for when the episodes were aired before the watershed, that wasn't!
Which is cool. 3nodding
I think my friend watched the episode you were talking about, actually. I've only seen the episode about the alien meat... I was attempting to talk to her about the show, and she was completely incoherant.

Also, there I was, thinking "Why am I picking up some kind of vibes off Jack...?" At least I'm not a complete idiot. sweatdrop

Mm, I'm gonna try and catch the show for the awesome sci fi-ness, at the least.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:03 am
Ha ha I loved it at the end of the first season when he kissed the real Jack Harkness before he died (Becuase he and the japanese girl had been pulled into a time loop and they got stuck back in time.

Did any of you guys know the actor who plays Jack IS actually gay? Or is he Bi? Cant remebr, either waiy its cute, esspecilly seen as it looks like he has the hots for Ianto!

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:58 pm
Jade Rotaski
Ha ha I loved it at the end of the first season when he kissed the real Jack Harkness before he died (Becuase he and the japanese girl had been pulled into a time loop and they got stuck back in time.

Did any of you guys know the actor who plays Jack IS actually gay? Or is he Bi? Cant remebr, either waiy its cute, esspecilly seen as it looks like he has the hots for Ianto!
~ heart heart heart ~

He's gay :3
And hot.
Haha, I'd watch the series if I weren't so lazy... I saw parts of the EPIC episode of hot kissing though. I almost cried ;_;
~ heart heart heart ~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 pm
I saw that episode...it was good.  

fluffy_killer_puppy

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:24 pm
I must admit that Ianto and Jack's relationship kinda wigs me out. I mean as much as I love both of them, I just don't understand it. They never explained anything that was actually going on between them. My friend and I were just watching happily one minute and then next we're like;
"WTF when the heck did they start sleeping together!!!? What did we miss!!!???"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:03 am
My friend talks about this show all the time. XD  

Syntria
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

xxxD OMFG I found this on youtube: lots of things to do with a stopwatch...

Haha, let's speculate shall we? What can you do with a stopwatch?
... no, really. What the hell can you do with a stopwatch!?
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 am
I want to watch that so badly! crying Whyyyy can't we get it here?  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm
SilverMaple
I want to watch that so badly! crying Whyyyy can't we get it here?
Rulin' ya universes...

veoh?
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:46 pm
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

I'd swear the script writers spend time coming up with lines that are suggestive in such crazy ways that you can't really contemplate them. O.o
Like, yeah, in "Reset" when Martha asks Ianto what Jack's "dabbling" is like and he says "Innovative … Bordering on the avant-garde." Which caused my thought processes to, oh, shut down for nearly a day and a half. XDD
Apparently, in one of the later episodes, er, there's some note or something about Jack looking for a new stopwatch because the other one was damaged while moving a desk?! Best. Excuse. Ever.

Forgive me, I'm babbling.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:51 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Apparently, in one of the later episodes, er, there's some note or something about Jack looking for a new stopwatch because the other one was damaged while moving a desk?! Best. Excuse. Ever.
Rulin' ya universes...

xd heart
I wanna knoooooooooooooooooooooooow what they did with it! ;^;
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 am
A 'friend' of mine (she calls herself my friend, but she really annoys me) told me about this in science about two weeks later. Nobody even thought to tell me. I watch Doctor Who, I would watch Torchwood, too, if I knew it had BL. crying I supose they would've told me about it f they weren't so naive. We talk about Robbie and Paul's 'relationship' and MPreg babies almost every lunch break, and make up excuses for guys in our year liking girls. Wow, kinda got off-topic, then. sweatdrop  

Honourable123

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 pm
I've heard rumors that they're going to do a lot of re-arranging of the show in the third season to make it more "family oriented" or something, which implies fewer BL moments among other things... crying
I hope those are just rumors, cuz that would suck.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games