Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Vocal solo of doom...O___O (has now passed...*phew*)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meep!
  Moo!
View Results

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:45 pm
Well, this is my second solo I have to sing in choir this year...and I have the song and everything down. I'm prepared for it all...but I'm starting to get that crap that drains into my throat. We're supposed to be starting our solos Monday, but with these past four or five snowdays we've had, I dunno. And I know that my throat will be too clogged to sing during the upcoming week...and our music instuctor's got no sympathy and likes to randomly select who gets to sing in what order when solos come up...so if I'm sick on the day he picks me, I'll have to sing that way, because I want to sing, but not like this, so I'm debating between refusing to sing sick and getting kicked out of class for a day (that's what he usually does when you won't sing), or getting advice on an alternative option...Does anyone have any ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:04 pm
Well, I have devised a solution of my own: Amoxicillian (or however you spell it) which will take care of the crap in my throat, and since school was cancelled today, I still have time before Tuesday.  

Spectrum_Rhapsody

moosiklady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 am
Spectrum_Rhapsody
Well, this is my second solo I have to sing in choir this year...and I have the song and everything down. I'm prepared for it all...but I'm starting to get that crap that drains into my throat. We're supposed to be starting our solos Monday, but with these past four or five snowdays we've had, I dunno. And I know that my throat will be too clogged to sing during the upcoming week...and our music instuctor's got no sympathy and likes to randomly select who gets to sing in what order when solos come up...so if I'm sick on the day he picks me, I'll have to sing that way, because I want to sing, but not like this, so I'm debating between refusing to sing sick and getting kicked out of class for a day (that's what he usually does when you won't sing), or getting advice on an alternative option...Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier - hope you get this in time to help. Drink LOTS of fluids. No caffeine, pop, or highly sugar fluids though, and definitely no dairy products! All of those thing tend to dry out the throat. Plain water is good, I also drink lemonade and herbal teas.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 pm
Very good advice...You're a serious vocalist, as I understand?  

Aryana_99

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:01 pm
I didn't do too bad. I was "borrowing" my brother's perscribed pills that clear out my throat and they kept the mucus at bay for my solo. I covered "Last Kiss" - Wayne Cochran & The CC Riders. I was told I did a good job, but I was so nervous that my fingertips went numb, so I think I could have done better had I calmed down. Thanks for the tips though! Besides this forum, the only other thing I have to help me out vocally is a book of mine: "The Rock and Roll Singers Survival Guide".  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games