Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Sweet murderer's sketches Updated 02/25/08

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Murderer

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 am
heart
------------Me, me and me------------

Pretty much everyone on Gaia call me Sweet. So you can too? :B
I'm 14 years old and have been drawing since I was 12. It's just something that I do on my free time. I want to get better, since maybe I will become an artist instead of a doctor in the future? Guess it depends on the salary :b

I did this thread because I want honest critique about the stuff that I do, and maybe someone would be kind enough/have the time to show me exactly how I could improve. But maybe that's too much to ask for.

I know that I have huge problems with clothing, faces, feet and shading. But I'm trying different styles all the time, since I think I'm not that bad with anatomy anymore..Though I could always be wrong :]

Most of the ''examples'' that I have were done very fast, and just for fun. I haven't really done anything ''serious'' yet. Maybe I should start? But I loose interest in stuff easily. So it's just another problem that I have :B

------------Pictures------------

Can be found in my deviantartand photobucket. My ''latest'' stuff are in my DA, so I guess it's wiser to check that before you judge all the stuff in my photobucket.

heart
------------That's all, I guess------------

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:55 pm
You have a really nice eye for proportion and gesture. I think you should try doing something 'serious', just try taking different times to complete a picture, build it up =)

Some of your bodies need to be pieced better a bit, for example in this one, his right leg (our view) is quite twisted. Try posing that way in front of a mirror and see which way your leg turns. His leg also joins with his hip a little too prematurely, his bum should extend a bit more before the leg.

You are on a really good start though, I hope to see more of your stuff =)  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sweet Murderer

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:06 am
Vena
You have a really nice eye for proportion and gesture. I think you should try doing something 'serious', just try taking different times to complete a picture, build it up =)

Some of your bodies need to be pieced better a bit, for example in this one, his right leg (our view) is quite twisted. Try posing that way in front of a mirror and see which way your leg turns. His leg also joins with his hip a little too prematurely, his bum should extend a bit more before the leg.

You are on a really good start though, I hope to see more of your stuff =)

That's what I do with all of my pictures, kinda. I just loose interest or throw it away and start on something new after a while :[

I understand what you mean. Looked at myself infront of the mirror, noticed that, just like you said, both of his legs are drawn weird. Guess I could change it someday for practice. But I don't really feel like it right now :B Lazy, lazy, excuses and more excuses D: And thank you! :3

I'm glad that you think so! x]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:08 pm
I would really like to now about all the anatomy mistakes I did in this picture, before I start with the clothing and details :]
User Image

Sweet Murderer

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

Sweet Murderer

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:58 am
Finished!

Changed some stuff, added clothes and stuff

Tell me what you think?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:59 pm
cool sense of motion and totally challenging pose. I get a little lost in the clothing folds, also I'm not sure which media I like better.  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:16 am
The straightness of the leg that's up is flattening the image. Everything else seems natural and fluid and that leg looks like a cardboard cut out. Hm... Maybe you could next time work with cylinders (lightly or in non-photo blue) just to make sure you're not losing perspective and flow.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:51 am
It seems flat, first because the body isn't cylandrical enough, and the lines are all the same size. I'm not an expert but things that overlap should have thickest lines and outlines should be thicker, so that the image pops more. With everthing the same the image gets confusing.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sweet Murderer

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100