Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
A British Gaian's Guild meet? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:08 am
Now, some of you may already be aware of a meet being arranged for the 28th December in London, some may not. Either way, I was wondering if it would be worth arranging a meet for members of the Guild, probably for some time in the summer (since I know a fair few of you have school and the like to contend with).

The only problem is WHERE to hold such an event. London seems like the obvious place at first glance (although if I am honest, I loathe the place), but if it WERE to happen, factoring in the travelling arrangements that people would need to make, where do you think would be best.

Of course this could well all come to nothing, but it's worth thinking about.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:19 am
illyrianth
Now, some of you may already be aware of a meet being arranged for the 28th December in London, some may not. Either way, I was wondering if it would be worth arranging a meet for members of the Guild, probably for some time in the summer (since I know a fair few of you have school and the like to contend with).

The only problem is WHERE to hold such an event. London seems like the obvious place at first glance (although if I am honest, I loathe the place), but if it WERE to happen, factoring in the travelling arrangements that people would need to make, where do you think would be best.

Of course this could well all come to nothing, but it's worth thinking about.

Absolutely love the idea but I am limited in that from the 27th to the 2nd I will be freezing my arse off on some snowy mountaintop.

Hope the plan bears fruit though!

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:36 am
I was thinking of a few months from now, for the simple reasons of organisation... First off, need to know if anyone would even be interested AND where they would like to see such a thing take place... smile

As for freezing your backside off on a mountain somewhere....

Are you QUITE mad? eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:57 am
illyrianth
I was thinking of a few months from now, for the simple reasons of organisation... First off, need to know if anyone would even be interested AND where they would like to see such a thing take place... smile

Are you QUITE mad? eek

Cool, so long as there's no exam-clash I'd probaby be able to.

..and yes, though I have my moments of normality, I am actually quite doolally. xp

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:21 am
Invictus_88
illyrianth

Are you QUITE mad? eek

..and yes, though I have my moments of normality, I am actually quite doolally. xp

It's true, he's as nutty as a fruit cake...but im even worse xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:33 am
Moomba666
Invictus_88
illyrianth

Are you QUITE mad? eek

It's true, he's as nutty as a fruit cake...but im even worse xd

Oh dear lord. Well, I suppose there can be no knocking standard British eccentricity...heheh

As to exam clashes, well that was the other thing that needed to be avoided, hence the summer suggestion smile

I miss exams. Used to love 'em.

sweatdrop I'm so old. crying  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:54 am
Miss exams? eek

Well if you've been what my year have been through:

Sats Key Stage 1
Sats Key Stage 2
Cats 2 times
Sats Key Stage 3
Mock GCSE's
GCSE's
AS exams
Coursework
and soo to be A levels

you would be glad when exams were gone... smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:49 am
Moomba666
Miss exams? eek

Well if you've been what my year have been through:

Sats Key Stage 1
Sats Key Stage 2
Cats 2 times
Sats Key Stage 3
Mock GCSE's
GCSE's
AS exams
Coursework
and soo to be A levels

you would be glad when exams were gone... smile

Rar! Sounds like a fabulous time! smile And we had exams from the age of eight, every summer...First it was the Richmond tests from 8 - 11, then the 11plus (I went to a girls grammar, doncherno...certainly explains a few things) and then EVERY summer we had exams. Third year was dire as we were used as the guines pigs for SATs, then it was GCSEs, then A levels...and then I very stupidly did a degree that qualified me for naff all...~lol~ We live, we learn...although in my case....I am meant to learn and frequently forget what it was I was learning. Which is probably why I like exams.

I think I need another cup of tea.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Autograph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:58 am
I refuse to go if it's in London.

There was a meeting in August, then there's one on the 28th, and then there's ours. All were, or look set for, London.

The first one was alright... but I'm not going to the one this month. Might change my views on this one by the summer though.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:45 am
Autograph
I refuse to go if it's in London.

There was a meeting in August, then there's one on the 28th, and then there's ours. All were, or look set for, London.

The first one was alright... but I'm not going to the one this month. Might change my views on this one by the summer though.

So London's out. You have no idea how pleased I am to hear that! ~lol~ Thing is...where then? And incidentally. You're a cheeky sod. :p  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Switchblade no Demi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:11 pm
There's going to be a meeting?

I've got the oddest feeling that my parents aren't going to be too thrilled with my wanting to travel almost halfway across the world to meet people I hardly know.

However.

This doesn't mean that I'm not going to ask. Repeatedly. But if I can't make it, photographs would be appreciated. Very, very much. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:35 pm
Moonlit City

I've got the oddest feeling that my parents aren't going to be too thrilled with my wanting to travel almost halfway across the world to meet people I hardly know.

However.

This doesn't mean that I'm not going to ask. Repeatedly. But if I can't make it, photographs would be appreciated. Very, very much. biggrin

And photos would of course be provided. smile As to whether a meeting will happen or not is entirely up to the Guild members. I personally have no idea at this point, but I am quietly hopeful.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Autograph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:37 pm
illyrianth
Moonlit City

However.

And photos would of course be provided. smile As to whether a meeting will happen or not is entirely up to the Guild members. I personally have no idea at this point, but I am quietly hopeful.

I was thinking more of a Gaian British Guild Picture thread?

Although, Invi already has his 'Ark. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:43 pm
Autograph

Feel free to do so, I promise not to swamp it with my grotesquity.

wink

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:51 pm
Invictus_88
Autograph

Feel free to do so, I promise not to swamp it with my grotesquity.

wink

Oh pish  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas