Single
View Results

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 pm
I'm a 16 year old (will be 17 in March) living with a single mother. Like most children of divorced parents, life isn't all that great when things get a little tight. Honestly, I used to always think that life sucked and that I didn't deserve to have been born to such a dysfunctional family, but as I have grown more independent and more mature, I've learned to see this as a good learning experience.

Most of my friends live in relatively "normal" families. I find it a very interesting experience to have lived through a dysfunctional family all throughout my childhood, but I'd like to hear some stories from you guys. I know there are a lot of young people here on Gaia, so I'd like to hear stories from different perspectives.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 pm
My family wasn't really dysfunctional, but my mother died when I was 3. I was basically raised by my aunt, and she's like a mother figure to me. I guess not having a mother really affected me when I was young because I wouldn't have a mom to be there on Report Card Night and Parent Meetings in school.  

BizPlaya

Akemi-Takada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 pm
i guess i'm one of the ones who have the relatively normal families. my parents are married and all, but they hardly ever talk to each other or even spend leisure time together. they only care about going to work and making enough money for retirement. no one in my family ever argues, so i guess we're good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 am
My family is normal. Mum and dad still alive, still together. I have a younger sister, we get along. Both of my grandfathers died when I was 12, but I was never really that close to them. I wish my parents were closer though, they don't ever talk to each other. I think the only thing keeping them together is me and my sis. If they didn't have to protect us and hold together a healthy environment for us to grow up in, I think they'd have separated by now.  

Bittersweet Simplicity

sunnyxdaze
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:51 am
<3

My father died when I when I was 11, which was in 2003.
My mother has a boyfriend now, and she's quite intelligent, but every little while she'll really make me mad. gonk

My brother is a monster. I hate him to death.
If killing people was okay, he would have been dead a long time ago.

He's two years younger than me, but he's extremely immature
& I think he must have a minor mental disability. Or social anxiety.

Though, my life is fine. I'd say perfectly fine, but my brother kind of ruins that for me.
I have very big plans for the future, and I'm not letting family problems get in the way. :3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 am
I am 19 going to 20 this year living in Singapore. My family consist of 4 members, father,mother,brother and me. Both my parents work, a common trend these days in Singapore where the cost of living always increase. I did not miss not having a mother at home really. Though i believe amother at home usually means you can study better though i guessed my teacher buck me up when it was needed. So we usually do our own things most of the day and only come together as a family during meals and when there is a local television serial drama. In the weekends if our schedule permits we would probable go out together for a bowling game or shopping  

Jok3r SG

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:17 am
I am seventeen, turning eighteen in a couple months. My parents are together still, and honestly, I don't know why. Sometimes, hell, most of the time, I feel like I'm the only thing keeping them together. My family has its own issues. My dad is halfway bedridden due to CFS. Only way he can be somewhat active is to take a massive amount of meds. These, in turn, ******** up his mind. He gets paranoid, and thinks for some reason my mom is cheating on him, s**t like this. And well, sometimes he gets violent about it, never to the point of physical violence, but he gets irrational, crazy. and yells an assload. And, this usually happens when his mom and brother are over at our house. Usually he's a pretty laid-back guy to be honest. There's also other issues I'd rather not say here. My mom doesn't deserve this s**t. Sure, she's kinda overly controlling to him, and is kinda bitchy, but still. They've had many divorce threats, and never went through with them. Mostly because my dad knows to be a kissass at the right time. But yeah. Pain in the a**. As a family, we are not really close. I do not really know my dad even though we live in the same house. We keep to ourselves, shut in out own rooms. I'm pretty close to my mom, though she tries to baby me too much. A little annoying. We never go on outings or vacations anymore. It kinda sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 am
I find this to be a very difficult subject, as my family is disfuntional in a funtional way, if that made any sense, since it probrably didnt i will elaborate. My parents are married and we all live together, but we are all independant, with the exception of my 5 year old sister. My dad is at work about 18 hurs a day 6 days a week and my mom is just usaully hangs around. I have 4 sisters one is moved out and has two children that we support and contribute a lot to. I find that i lock myself away from everyone and find any possible way to have my solitude, it may be neglection but it wasnt really my familys fault a disfuntional family just works that way all the children sort of raise themselves, my sister is 16 and has been in juvi 8 times, but as for me I learned to raise myself and I'm an independant mature 13-year old.
Thats the way life works, I'm awfully sorry if I got off topic a couple times there, these kind f conversations do that to me.  

drummer_chick_777

iFlashRog

4,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:56 am
Well, guess you could say I have a dysfunctional family with my dad being and alcoholic and all. I think the only real critical thing in my life is Having tourette Syndrome. Like i guess in all my years of living I have come to understand it won't go away so I might as well accept it because growing up I was mocked for it constantly. Like it made me feel like some kind of monster ya know. Like one thing that angers me is when people say they want it. No they ******** don't. Like big whoop you can swear at someone you don't like and not get in trouble. They just don't know the half of it. It's like having your family not even know who you really are cause they all they see is a problem child will all kinds of meds. Like when I walk somewhere and like go to the mall or something and i twitch people look at a different way like they think what the ******** is this kids problem. I have problems sleeping too cause of it like I will get half to the point where I am sleeping but I'll like make a twitch and it wakes me up. This caused me to get into fights in school and from 8th and half of 9th grade I got sick of the ridicule and like shunned myself from everyone. [I'm in 10th grade now] I just got sick of people labeling me the kid with tourettes or some would think I'm faking it so I just decided to forget everyone and reject the idea of tourettes. This was what caused problems in my family because they all thought I was always depressed for dumb reasons and would tell me to get over it which all led to quarrels so like because of all this My family pretty much ignored me and thought the worst of me. But it was just recently I solved things with them and like I said Look You guys are my family I love you but everyone has a right to act how they feel ya know and if you truly dont care for me tell me so i dont waste my time. and they like apologized and shizz but yeah I guess i used to be in a bad situation with family but I just said ******** it I'm doing what I want not like ohh no one can stop me but like act how I feel ya know? So my fam respected that and lifes pretty good now lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:01 pm
my mom and dad are married but they argue sometimes and my dad never does stuff for us most of the time (like fix the floor which me and my bro took the old floor out about 2 years ago stressed )and my sister is married to some guy my parents don't like too much but we all get along.  

Danielle344

Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff