Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are you smarter than your parents? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miata the Miscellaneous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 am
I know a lot of kids want to be smarter than their parents, coming from experience, that's possibly the last thing you might want. Since I know more english and comprehend things faster and know how to read big words, my family depends on me for EVERYTHING. Like installing a broken VCR or installing cable or filling out prescriptions or understanding what a bank staement says. And if anything goes wrong, I'm always the one to blame. Alot of this stuff I shouldn't even know about until I'm twenty! It's overwhelming. Really, a 15 year old should not have to even know what the word "mortgage" means nevermind filling out the forms.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:43 am
pssst!like me but then im only 13 i know the only thing people are not common with like my guessing!i always have to get a guess the right answer a day but anyways im good at spelling words handwriting math and reading mostly spell and read but then my mom and dad goes on and think there all smart but when i correct them they always get angry but then i giggle i dont get how nice or rude my parents are but heyy im still young right?  

Gakuren_Shirayuki

Lawrencew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am
I don't think you're smarter than your parents. Your parents just happen to not know as much English as you do. A lot of older people aren't very technologically savvy either, so you can't really blame them.

I think you're putting a bit too much emphasis on your role. I do loads of things for my family as well, but I don't feel the way you do.

At 15, I'd say that EVERYONE should at least know what a mortgage is. You're not exactly a little kid anymore. Some people move out of their homes and live on their own when they're 16. You can't live the rest of your life being sheltered.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:33 pm
I'm not neccessarily 'smarter' than my parents... it's just that in a few subjects, I know more than they do

Chocolate marshmallow gum

chowchowpup713

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 pm
Well depends on what kind of smarts. I'm smater than my parents sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:26 pm
in math... hell no........ english............... my dad have better gramer than me, but over all no........ science hell no........ french.. yes............ history....... yes. so over all no...... im not smarter than my parents.  

Layde3Angel

aznnam3dj1n

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:34 pm
LOL, naw; basically i they know most of the stuff so i dont need to help with the mortgage and all of them good stuff. But with computers and programming and what not they as me for that. And that's about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 pm
in some cases. Not neccessarily on things lyk taxes but technology wise they just suck at. Guess it's their refusal to learn anything about today's technology seeing as it made little impact on their lives. My mum still needs me to help her play a DVD...and use the washing machine...but yeah. Also algebra considering my parents weren't taught or really basically ignored it. Even i suck myself i usually can find the answer rather quickly.  

saku_chan187

Sakura-yuko

900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:52 pm
same thin for me.my mom needs help w/ the dvd too.my parents did'nt get enough education in their age so literally i really am smarter than them.my parents was only educated till 5th grade,sad really.but they no 3 languages 'n i don't,also my cantonese isn't as good as theirs but better then my fat bros.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:53 pm
Being better at something doesn't make you smarter than everyone. You're just good at accomplishing that task. Someone else who can't match you at it can perfectly beat you at something else. No one is perfect. So, what I'm saying is that there are different types of intelligence, not only one: Intrapersonal [self-awareness], Interpersonal [other people's feelings], Spatial-Visual [images and space], Bodily-Kinesthetic [body movement control], Musical [music, sound, rhythm], Logical-Mathematical [logic and numbers] and Linguistic [words and language].

Basically, you are pretty much of a Logical-Mathematical and Linguistic person.  

Rebirth Project

Z741

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 pm
Usually my parents blame their lack of education back in Vietnam... they only reached high school in their youth =P

Compare that to me - college freshman xd

It's not that they aren't smart... it just seems like they have good tendencies to forget stuff frequently. Must be the memory going, since they're reaching 60. O_o  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:12 pm
Culturally, my parents are smarter

but, globally and technologically I'm smarter  

Yoshikazu

Armed Battery

Shining Silhouette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:39 pm
Uh, there really is no excuse not to know how to use electronic devices because they all come with mystical scraps of paper called instruction manuals. Everything else you need/want to know can be found in books.

I'd like to think I'm smarter than my parents...
But being smart does not equal having more information inside your head. That's just being knowledgeable.
wink

(I like to read instruction manuals. Yes, I am a nerd... sweatdrop )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:41 pm
Pfft. No, my parents are WAY smarter than me. Even though my mom only reached 2 years in high school. The only thing I'm smarter at than my mom is speaking English. & my dad is just a flippin' genius. I can never pick up a challenge with them.  

Michie`s Flips Inc.

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:01 pm
chowchowpup713
Well depends on what kind of smarts. I'm smater than my parents sometimes.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

3nodding
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash