Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Serious Discussion
2008 Election! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

...Are you even gonna vote?
  Meh, sure, I'm an optimist, it'll count for something!
  I will if they give me a cookie. Or a button. Hell, a sticker. I'm not picky
  Nah, I'm a pessimist, it doesn't make a bit of difference guys...
  I might vote, but I'm not sure who to vote for, and I'm not really motivated to.
  What's a presdident?
  I LIKE PIE.
  WTF mate?
  lolwut
  ...Wow. All these choices suck. Every. One. Of. Them.
View Results

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 am
So, elections are coming up.
So who is everybody voting for? And why?
And please, let's keep this thread somewhat professional, I don't want any flaming in here because of who people choose (and flaming of any other kind isn't liked either XD)
As for myself, I have no idea. I need to look into the candidates more.
And even if you can't vote yet, give your opinion. XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 am

[I'll be there then.]

Ask me in four more years XD

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 pm
This is a very weird election. I'm not too thrilled about the democrat choices and I'm not well informed on the republicans because the only thing that I've seen in the media is HILLARY N OBAMA, HILLARY N OBAMA!!!! xp  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:07 pm
Well
im only 16
so can't vote yet
but all i can say on the matter is that
either way if clinton or obama even get close to getting elected
our government (corrupt as it is) will either "misplace" some ballots or pull some scam like that. They have already pulled a load of clintons preliminary ballots and thats just the start. Imagine how many people would be infuriated if there were a women or black president. basically those 2 are going to get screwed over, but it doesn't mean they wont win. If i could vote id hit up clinton. my reasons for that are because shes a well reputated leader, and also has much more expertise in this kind of thing then monkey boy bush. I bet if she got elected you could say bye to our debt and hello to a new age.  

Fatty69

SSGSTrunks

Merry Phantom

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:51 am
Last I checked, Hilary won New York on Super Tuesday. I would vote for her. I like her campaign.
It was a tough choice for me, Obama or Clinton. but I didn't agree with one of his opinions, so I chose Clinton.
I didn't have time to get to my polling place, I could've If I went with my sister in the morning on the way to work.
She said she'd give her vote to me & voted for me. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:30 pm
Hopefully, I will be able to vote for Obama. Unfortunately, I wasn't 18 when the primary for my state was held, and Clinton won it. Bleh. But, with any luck, Obama will win the nomination and I will be able to vote for him in November. It's something I'm really looking forward to, because he truly inspires me and it will be incredible to vote for a vehicle of change of that magnitude. I want to be a part of his campaign.  

Oxley

zaraphena

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:35 am

I'm a McCain girl myself. I was a Guiliani but he didn't make the cut do to some shoddy campaign work, and McCain was a close second due to is age and moderate viewpoints

I personally am a moderate, but I have more of a conservative view on goverment, but a more liberal view on rights, such as the abortion issue.
McCain is willing to reach across the aisle to get things done I believe that we need that in our next president... and I doubt that Clinton will, being all high and mighty, and I believe that Obama will, but I have my doubts on his experience level.

Plus I hate the idea of Universal Health Care, but I am for health care policy's that will bring on competition in the market and lower prices.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 pm
I am a proud supporter MR.ED! blaugh ....yes the horse...thats as serious as I get...until I turn 18..  

SuperKoolPartyGal

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image{ o3o
I'm not that into politics and such.
And I really have no clue in this whole elections and such.
-Not even ld enough to vote-
So, I guess neutral for now.
}User Image

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:48 pm
Yeahh.
I never liked politics before, but after taking a certain history class this year,
I'm more aware of what goes on.

sunnyxdaze
Crew

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:15 am
NDP... all the way man, maybe liberal, but Jack Layton would have to blow some serious p***s in the next couple of months to make me hate him.

Wait... you mean the american one?

I say you guys should vote in Obama... he seems pretty educated (a HUGE step-up from the current) plus... thatll probably help unite the country racially... i dunno  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:42 am

Whenever I see Clinton on TV, she's like, totally bashing Obama in her speech. x3;

I don't really like either of them, though. gonk

sunnyxdaze
Crew

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm
No offense to anyone who will be reading this, but honestly, I don't know who to vote for. First of all, McCain better have a good vice president if he plans to serve more than a term because he is getting old (not that its a bad thing)! Second, it is hard to accept Obama as a president because he is a poser. In his debates, he talks and acts really "fake." Then Clinton still has so much to say about her experience, yet she continues to lack confidence and bash on others.

Right now its not that matter of whether the US is ready for a Colored of Female president, but who can help us contribute to make this country a better place for all of us.

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "Don't ask what the country will give you. Its what you will contribute to this country." But now all three of these major candidates preach about what kind of benefits they'll give us. I think think that's a bunch of horse crap!

So after all this ranting, I still don't know who to vote for. Oh well. I think I'll choose Clinton just because she has more experience than Obama and McCain. But seriously, McCain looks like he's in pretty good shape for his age!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:07 pm
Fatty69
Well
im only 16
so can't vote yet
but all i can say on the matter is that
either way if clinton or obama even get close to getting elected
our government (corrupt as it is) will either "misplace" some ballots or pull some scam like that. They have already pulled a load of clintons preliminary ballots and thats just the start. Imagine how many people would be infuriated if there were a women or black president. basically those 2 are going to get screwed over, but it doesn't mean they wont win. If i could vote id hit up clinton. my reasons for that are because shes a well reputated leader, and also has much more expertise in this kind of thing then monkey boy bush. I bet if she got elected you could say bye to our debt and hello to a new age.

I agree with you on the "misplace" the ballots idea. At first I thought that if any of them "won," congress would secretly "alter" the outcome just as they have been doing for the past years. That was probably one of the reasons why Albert Gore was not elected.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Good-Tennis

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:07 pm
Well, I live in the bible belt... And I have been around Republican influence all my life. And that's why I'm voting for Hillary or Obama.

I really don't mind whichever one wins. I'd prefer Hillary, but that's because she has experience with Bill being in the white house. She basically ran the show when he was in office, so another 4, maybe even 8, years of her would be awesome. Our economy was awesome when Clinton was in office.

Serious Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff