Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 am
Salutations

I'll be using this post to update my status... Mainly funds. I'm a Soquili lurker, and had been lurking since their first X'mas event. That was years ago, and for a while, I gave up because... Well, I'm not very sure myself. It's demoralizing to see other Gaians snap up custom slots, and breed their Soquili to get more Soquili, I guess? Its like... Their herds get larger but after taking part in many of their events, I still have none. Silly reason I know, and it makes me sound like a sore person. I guess i am feeling rather sore. xD And I was not very active in the shop, thus my posts seemed to be invisible to most.

Since auctions always seem to shoot sky-high, out of what I can possibly afford, and raffles have people buying so many tickets that it'll make me broke, I've decided to quest for a Soquili. I had wanted a cosplay, but most probably, someone will beat me to it because I'm horrible at saving up.

So, welcome to the quest of a bitter Gaian. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Funds

- / 500k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 am
Story behind the weapon

Ardin'solaris

Ardin'solaris literally means 'fiery sun' in Latin. As its name suggests, it is a fiery weapon... A claymore that glows yellow and orange, even in broad daylight. Its light is obvious even under the glare of the sun; and it is the sun at night. It is a blade that only holy knights, the Paladins, can hope to wield.

In its world, like any other, dark and light are always at war with one another. Although the light pushes to keep the dark at bay, the dark always manages to strike back... Ardin'solaris know that they are fighting a losing battle. It knows, because it has a mind of its own, and it had been observing this war for more than a century. It knew that every light will cast a shadow. The two will always coexist, and one cannot survive without the other.

Like they said, a sword chooses its bearer, not the other way round. The sword has no heir; once a Paladin falls with the blade in hand, the sword will somehow find its way to the next Paladin... Of course, Paladins are living things too... They have their own desires to fulfill. No matter how holy their teachings may be, no matter how righteous they think they are... Their emotions and greatest desires will overpower their discipline.

For every light will always cast a shadow...

----------------------------------------------------------++++++----------------------------------------------------------

"There are survivors in there!"

"Yes, we must make haste... The Paladins of Baylore will not fall! Come, man... To victory!"

The war cry shook the earth, and the group of men charged forward. At the front, a male riding on his trusted white steed led the way. Strapped to his back was the legendary blade itself... Behind, hundreds of men followed on foot, their armor glistering in the sunlight and the light from Ardin'solaris. Their moral was high, and into the ruined town they marched, slicing down all the demons in their way.

Soaked in blood from their foes, the Paladins fought. Some stood at the sidelines and healed their fellow soldiers, making sure nobody would fall to the dark. Then, as they reached the end of the enemy lines, everyone halted to a stop. Shocked silence filled the men as they took in the sight that met them.

Hundreds of heads, faces twisted with agony and pain, were piled on the red earth. Some bodies had been impaled into wooden stakes, and from the body postures, they had been staked alive. Some were still twitching slightly, dying a slow and painful death.

The Paladins were crushed; they had arrived too late. Which demon could have done such a thing?

As more demons launched a sudden attack, they fell, one by one. When only three of them stood, they backed away and were cornered.

The leader turned to his lieutenant, and placed a huge hand on his shoulder. Then, he turned to his only family, the other surviving Paladin. Fighting back strong emotions, he turned his attention back to his lieutenant.

"Please, Uniusal, take good care of my younger brother."

"Captain! No!"

The lieutenant yelled as his beloved captain charged into the group of demons that were advancing on them, trying to weaken down their forces enough for the two to escape.

"This ends... Now." Julios whispered as he downed the demons as they came, screaming for his blood. The sword did not fail him, and fought by his side. However, by the end of the battle, he was tired. He stuck the mighty blade into the blood soaked ground, and panted heavily. A thick blanket of dust swirled around him, the remains of his fierce battle in this battlefield, and even Ardin'solaris' light could hardly penetrate through it.

"Uniusal, it is safe now!" He cried out, his voice no longer as loud as before. "Uniusal? Uniusal! Are you safe?"

"Oh, don't worry... I provided him with a quick death. Of course, I can't say the same for these poor townsfolk. I could still hear their screams for help as they died..."

"Karios? Is that-"

The great man never did finish his sentence, as his own sword was pierced though his stomach. The bearer was his brother, the one he had fought so hard just to protect and keep from harm... The brother he grew up with, and shared so many lovely memories with... The brother he loved and cared for deeply.

"Brother, why... Why..."

As his vision faded, and his voice became weak, Ardin'solaris glowed in a deep red. Absorbing the Paladin's blood, it changed in color and purpose. Now, it had been corrupted. Its bearer, Karious, killed his own brother due to jealousy. The blood had been spilled, and there was no turning back for both it and its current wielder.

Every light, will cast a shadow.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:03 am
Colorist wanted:
Any will do
Name of horse:
Vitiosus Ardin'solaris
Owner:
Dragain
Temper (one word for horse's personality):
Corrupted
Breed:
Regular
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
Eyes: Emerald green (there is an emerald drilled into the hilt of the sword on both sides)
Hair: Long, flowing black mane, with tinges of red that resembles blood (the huge, long blade of the sword, forever stained with Julios' blood)
Tail: Long and flowing as well, matching his hair, but is silver in color instead (representing the uncorrupted side of the blade)
Body:
Mainly bronze colored (hilt of the sword) with golden hoofs (end of the hilt)
Orange runes cover his two front legs while similar red colored runes cover his two hind legs (the front and back of the hilt has different colored runes)
Silver scars on his belly, up to the artist to place them (this is just to symbolize the wars Ardin'solaris had fought in, in the hands of the Paladins)
Black scars on his neck, up to the artist to place them (this is just to symbolize the wars Ardin'solaris had fought in as Vitiosus, the corrupted holy blade)
If possible, I would like to have his body glow a deep red, if not, at least his runes?
Reference Image(s):
Coming soon
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult):
Adult
Default accessory color(s)?:
Orange and red
Tag Frame color:
Black
Tag Feather color:
'Bloodied' orange
Background picture:
A burnt piece of land, ravaged by war (If I find one, I'll stick it here)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 pm
The Soquili

Although with a strong character, Vitiosus Ardin'solaris is a quiet soul. When asked for his name, his reply will be 'Vit' if he sees darkness in that Soquili and 'Ardin' if he sees light. If he sees a neutral party, his answer will be full name; this is reserved for those who are not evil, but harbor darker feelings or display the seven sins.

He prefers to stand by the side and watch the world, making observations and conclusions about each day as it passes. He is wise, yet he seems unwilling to share his knowledge. He seems to peer into your soul, looking at your thoughts, and his eyes reflect your greatest desires back at you. Of course, he can't do all that... All he knows is that he was no longer a pure and holy being. Too much blood had been shed, and he has no wish to see history repeat itself.

As like the blade chooses its own bearer, Vitiosus Ardin'solaris chooses his own 'friends' to be with. He will always had a special someone; as a Soquili, it can be love, hate, or some other strong emotion. When near to that person, he gain immerse strength, as if he is a weapon in that person's hand...

He is the light in darkness, and the shadows in the light.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 am
I guess this thread is pretty much open. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:19 pm
Good luck 4laugh  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am
Thank you! I'll need it. x3
*plans on taking it one step at a time*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:30 pm
-pats- i know what you mean about people not talking to you in the thread. i pretty much gave up posting because no one wanted to talk. i decided questing in silence would probably be the best. so you and i can just play silent questers together xD

Good Luck though. i'll come by and bump sometimes ^^

Crimson Ribbon

Anxious Genius

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 am
Hehe... Yeah.
Some will actually stop to chat, but those never seem to last. =P

Thank you. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 am
Will be putting funds in soon. x3  

Dragain