Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Baneblade.....8 Hours

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WarpedSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Here is my first baneblade,the GW staff dude told me it took him a day and a half to have it assembled......i did it in 8 hours....

User Image

User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:22 am

13 hours total

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

WarpedSoul

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am

I say you should put some color on the treads so it doesn't look like they weren't touched.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:28 pm

I assembled mine in 3 hours and 44 minutes, it's a b***h to build... D:

Shinobi_8745

WarpedSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:40 am

User Image

My newest addition (un painted) leg armor and the mask are getting painted then applied.
User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 am

Sorry, but in some places the black spray is really shoddy. I can still see the grey plastic around the corners, smaller turrets, tracks and wheels.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:09 pm

You should scrape up and defile the Aquila a little on the Baneblade. It'll give it a more chaotic feel. So far it looks pretty good though. Seeing all these Baneblades make me want to get one for my Lost and the Damned.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:02 am

Lt. Brookman
Sorry, but in some places the black spray is really shoddy. I can still see the grey plastic around the corners, smaller turrets, tracks and wheels.

2 Words luv ITS CHAOS its ment to look decrepid

WarpedSoul

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:14 pm

When you see the grey plastic on a "finished" model decrepit does not come to mind, but rather "rush job" and "shame of a good model kit"

With a little more time and effort it'll look a whole lot better.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Gotta agree with Brookman on that... You should go back and make it look decrepit then if that's what your trying to do. Right now it does look a bit rushed.

Ruric Torrune

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:40 am

WarpedSoul
Lt. Brookman

2 Words luv ITS CHAOS its ment to look decrepid

Two words: its s**t.

Gray plastic does not equal decrepit. If thats what youre going for, you want to have boltgun metal or another metallic under those scrapes and holes. Then maybe work in some browns for scorches.

Also, all yu did to the acquila was put a rectacal like thing on them, whats that supposed to show? They know where the imperium is on a map (no wait, it IS the map).

As others have said, paint the treads. The things looks like a solid slap of black. Stuff like the barbwire is nice, and its good you wrote over "******** the Imperium", thatw as tacky as all hell. Should probably do the same with "ANBU", reeks of otaku.

Anyways, the whole model comes of as lazy.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I'm not much of a painter myself, but there is one thing. A Baneblade is something that requires a lot of work, and you honestly didn't do a lot to it.

I agree with Kento in that the barbed wire on the barrel of the tank is a very nice touch, but the whole of the thing just looks incomplete the same way that my friend Gage's white Landraider looks like s**t. If its chaos-y, where are the stars of eight points? Where are the possible marks showing your army's alignment? Where are the spiky bits? If nothing else, paint some blood on the front end and treads all around to show where your enemies didn't quite get out of the way.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Caleidah's right. At the very least you should have some spare bits from that defiler if anything. If you have the spare cash to get a baneblade for your chaos army, that tells me you have a fair sized force. Rummage around and find some spiky things, the "******** the imperium" was funny initially but it just comes off as dumb after a while. Also, if you insist on painting the name onto the tank, please please please practice a bit so it doesn't look like the equivalent of a kid with a crayon. In the end the thing could probably do with a whole new coat of prime, you're supposed to do two coats anyway.

Now if you want it to look defiled at all, get RID of whatever you painted over the aquila, and work on just messing it up a little. Take your file or some sandpaper and just grind that thing down, that way you could paint it (Actually paint it, because I don't care how chaotic you are, on a model that big, priming it and then just painting a few bits makes you look like a lazy jackoff) so that it looks like someone tried to burn it off. Anyone know a good setup for that? I think boltgun metal with some heavy brown and black ink would work. Also, if you want a molten or kind of slimy or organic look, you could actually use plastic glue. For those who don't know how the plastic glue works it actually melts the plastic down and that's how it sticks. Anyhow slather a little plastic glue on and rub it aground with something and it'll get a smoothed out look. I can't count how many models I inadvertently gave that look while I was learning to model. sweatdrop

Now I'm pretty sure that chaos marines like fancy things about as much as anybody else, so pretty that thing up a bit (Well, pretty for chaos anyway, which kinda amounts to grisly trophies and offerings to the ruinous powers). You could try working on defiling the mechanicus shrine a bit. At least find some way of symbolizing Dark Mechanicum.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games