Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:41 pm
British comedy is funny. It's perfectly clear to me that we are experts at making people laugh. Therefore what is everyones favourite British Comedy show/Comedian/Joke.

I like: Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, Vicar of Dibley, Steptoe and Son, The Good Life, The Brittas Empire, As Time Goes by (Dame Judi Dench rocks) and now Little Britain.

Proceed

*Brews tea*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:50 pm
Black Adder and Fawlty Towers are unbeatable. wink  

Knightsedge
Crew

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:53 pm
You my good man are a genius!
biggrin

I completly forgot those two, surely they are the cream of British comedy!

*Feels ashamed*

Manuel in Fawlty Towers was always great, my favourite episode has to be the Germans one with the "dont mention the war"

Blackadder, i love the WW1 series, the ending is actually quite emotional and surely the greatest ending to a comedy series.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:21 pm
Unfortunately, I only get American television, so I haven't the foggiest idea what all of you are talking about =3

... but I agree with Knightsedge by default, as I have heard an awful lot of praise for Fawlty Towers. heart

Switchblade no Demi

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:30 pm
Yeah it's a damn shame you don't get to experience the joy that is British comedy. You need UK Gold (a channel that shows British comedy and drama all day). I doubt they broadcast to America though sad
America really needs to look into British comedy more, i mean sure they gave The Office awards but then they go on to make an American version of the show! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:34 pm
Two words.

Eddie. Izzard.

Oh yes.

"I'm covered in bees!"  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:44 pm
Hehe yeah Eddie Izzard is funny.

My favourite stand up comedians: Billy Connoly (sp?) Peter Kay, Lee Evans, and Jack Dee.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:50 pm
QI, Stephen Fry, Legend!

biggrin

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:02 pm
Ah yes Steven Fry is a God! So British, and the last Pipe smoker of the Year for 2002...i think. I also like Aland Davis on that show, he plays the fool very well. I doubt he's really as retarded as he makes out, i mean he's Jonathen Creek stare  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:49 pm
While I was in the States I purchased a Black Adder pack which contained 6 DVD's of ALL the episodes ever produced including extras.

$100 but well worth it. smile  

Knightsedge
Crew

Moomba666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:59 am
You lucky .....

Well i have all the Fawlty Towers episodes...granted they only made 12 but still blaugh

What about Monty Python, that's definitely funny!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:37 am
you know what is really weird?

little britain is so shocking and so blatantly racist and homophobic and so many other things that make it funny but it has never had one complaint.

guess that just shows that the english do have a sense of humour once and for all  

mr gimp

Moomba666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:35 am
sonnyboy
you know what is really weird?

little britain is so shocking and so blatantly racist and homophobic and so many other things that make it funny but it has never had one complaint.

guess that just shows that the english do have a sense of humour once and for all

To bloody right! *God Save the Queen plays in the background*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:51 pm
Moomba666
...Little Britain.
Oh my. I just discovered that programme last Friday, and wil be watching it again when it's on tonight without a doubt. Great stuff.

I've found Have I Got News For You to be hilarious, if not comedy in the same sense as the other programmes listed.  

Sabredog

Autograph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:27 pm
Everything anyone has mentioned so far.

What about the new sitcoms? My Family? All About Me? My Dad's the Prime Minister!

While we're at it, I'd like to bring up the Monty Python movies...

And you can't beat Friday night's 'Have I got News for You'. 3nodding  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces