Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Favorite Yaoi Manga Artists/Authors? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:06 pm
I really have a variety, since most are short stories; and I wish I could put them all. But the artist/author who I really like in particular is Haruka MINAMI. The way she (or he, I'm not sure if it's a man/woman who makes them) draws men are incredibly beautiful. The seme are of course cool and handsome while the uke are sweet and adorable; but either way they are incredibly bishie. Right now my favorite one from her works is Honey Boys Spiral. So who is your favorite? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 am
Heh. I do like Haruka Minami, although personally I find her seme's almost as cute as the ukes and the ukes are a bit too cute to possibly be legal, no matter what she says. But I still love her stuff.

I like (cue LOOOONG list) Honjyou Rie, Hiro Reiichi, Hyouta Fujiyama, Shimizu Yuki, Zaou Taishi & Eiki Eiki, Koide Meiko, Kisaragi Hirotaka, Fuwa Shinri, Kawai Touko, Yamada Yugi and Takanaga Hinako.

As for shounen-ai, I like Sugiura Shiho and Sumomo Yumeka.

=3  

Wicked Desire

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 am
I agree about Haruka Minami's works. mrgreen They are cute!

Who else do I like? Yamane Ayano, Takashima Kazusa, Youka Nitta (GAAAH!! SHE ROCKS! heart ), Fuwa Shinri, Yamato Nase, Row Takakura, Kazuma Kodaka, Chitose Piyoko, Naono Boura, Minase Masara...

I'll get back to you when I think of or find more. mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 am
Art only
Yukine Honami (Rin!, Kiss Scandal) (doesn't write badly -- just doesn't write)
Sumomo Yumeka (I don't even remember, I hate her stories like burning)

Art and story
Suzuki Tanaka (Menkui!, Aishiatteru futari)
Kazuma Kodaka (Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishiki.. that's all I've read of hers, the rest I'll read when I'm 18 )
Fumi Yoshinaga (Truly Kindly, Lovers in the Night)  

Skizzors
Crew

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:51 am
the person who does both the art and the story for Loveless and Gravitation  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:00 am
Let's see. Taishi Zaou, (I also like her works under her other pen name, Mikiyo Tsuda, aside from Kakumei no Hi >> Didn't care for that one) Eiki Eiki, Kazuma Kodaka, Amano Yamane, Sumomo Yumeka ( heart heart heart ) Suzuki Tanaka, Higuri You, (Her art's absolutely gorgeous) and there are probably more but none that I can remember at the moment.  

Kitsune-chi

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:03 pm
protecterofelements
Yun Kouga and Maki Murakami.

Kitsune-chi: zomg I forgot You Higuri! I love her art, but I've only read Gorgeous Carat (which ruled) and some crappy oneshot (which did not) so I can't judge her as a writer yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:39 pm
Oh, so many to choose! Well, I like Hana Umezawa, Tohru Kousaka, Chouko Kabutomaru, Kou Fujisaki, Hinako Takanaga, Nase Yamato, Yun Kouga, Kazuhiko Mishima, Kamei Yogorouta, Yaya Sakuragi, and Tamaki Kirishima. ^_^  

ChaoticAngelofElvenBlood

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:20 pm
^^ The only artist that's really stuck out for me is Fumi Yoshinaga, although I'm sure there are others I like that I can't remember. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 pm
Fumi Yoshinaga is magic. With Kazuma Kodaka and other yaoi writers, I'm willing to wait until I'm 18 to get their more graphic stuff. With Fumi Yoshinaga, no. Want it need it as soon as it's out.  

Skizzors
Crew

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 pm
Technically she's not really a BL or yaoi artist/author, but Yun Kouga is at the top of my list... as well as the woman who does the art and story for Yellow and Hero Heel. I don't have either manga handy right now so I can't go grab her name. I also adore Sanami Matoh, the author/artist of FAKE.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:18 pm
Naono Bohra because she's awesome. Also she doesn't worry about the whole seme/uke thing and she once wrote a yaoi with a slightly chubby guy as uke redface
She goes where no other yaoi mangaka has been!
[with the exeption of Maki Murakami. She goes there.]

The Lucifer Effect

Wicked Desire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:31 am
Ooh, I forgot about Naono Bohra. heart I also forgot about Saika Kunieda.

(and Maki Murakami goes places I'd rather not go)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:11 am
The Lucifer Effect
Naono Bohra because she's awesome. Also she doesn't worry about the whole seme/uke thing and she once wrote a yaoi with a slightly chubby guy as uke redface
NOWAI. SRSLY? What's it called?  

Skizzors
Crew

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:10 pm
Skizzors
protecterofelements
Yun Kouga and Maki Murakami.

Kitsune-chi: zomg I forgot You Higuri! I love her art, but I've only read Gorgeous Carat (which ruled) and some crappy oneshot (which did not) so I can't judge her as a writer yet.

yes thank you i'm kinda dumb sweatdrop  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces