Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
New job

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think I should do?
  Stay
  Start a knight
  start a mage
  Start a ninja
View Results

Pixilated Panda-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:42 pm
Ok im a lvl 26 archer and I stink... real bad, as in cant even where the lvl 25 armor and wepons kind bad.I'm getting bored of him and am wanting to start another charecter. Do you think I should change? If so, to what? I was thinking of being a theif so I can learn cool, good moves and do better damage. But mabey a knight for higher defence and power. Or a mage so I can continue to have ranged moves. Please help me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 am
You mean you can't wear the armor because your stats are messed up? If you're stats are messed up so much so that you can't wear your levels armor, restart. You're still low leveled enough where it'll be easy to level up that high again. I suggest reading guides for the class you choose next.

:C I don't have any suggestions for the poll. Class choice is a personal one.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:56 am
Question One: Do you like Long Range, or Short Range?
Answer: Long Range - Bowman, Crossbowman, Assassin, Magician
Answer: Short Range - Anything Else.

Question Two: Slow or Fast characters?
Answer: Slow - Warrior, Bow/XBowman
Answer: Fast - Thief/Mage (Mage: not fast, but tele can be considered fast, as it gets you somewhere quicker then others)

Question Three (Short Range): Do you like Swords, Daggers, or Spears?
Answer: Swords - Warrior (Fighter/Page)
Answer: Spears - Warrior (Spearman)
Answer: Daggers - Thief (Bandit)

Question Three (Long Range): Do you like Bows, Crossbows, or Throwing Stars?
Answer: Bows - Archer (Bowman)
Answer: Crossbows - Archer (Crossbowman)
Answer: Stars - Thief (Assassin)

Question Four: Speed or Power?
Power: Probably, just about any class, except for Thief.
Speed: Thieves. Haste is the win.

Well, these are crappy questions, and not really intended to be answered in any which way...

It's just something to get your own choices flowing.

Warrior - Slow (no haste) Damage dealing class.
Can use 1Handed Sword, 2Handed Swords, Spears, or Pole-Arms.

Mage - Strongest class in the lower levels, as they can easily deal the most damage with Magic Claw. Upon second job, though a low leveled Tele drains your MP as if it were nothing, Teleport is a nice skill which is somewhat useful, when getting from place to place quickly.
More useful then a Thieves haste, minus the MP consumption.

Archer - Ranged Class, another slow-ish kind of class.
Having no Haste, or Teleport, walking around from place to place will be very boring, but then again, you'll be used to it, and when you actually recieve a Bandit or Assassins haste, it will probably be more annoying for you, when you try to jump from ledge to ledge, especially in a PQ.

Thief - Fast Class, fast attacks, Haste effects movement speed and jumping height. Can fight at a distance or up close.
Overall, probably the most overrated class, Bandits, preferably being on the rise, opposed to the olden days of Assassins and Hermits spanning over maps, everywhere.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 pm
Join the brotherhood, become a bishop.

Holy Magic FTW, you are needed and wanted most of the game and at the end, you become VERY powerful.

Boxed Lunch

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Pixilated Panda-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:29 pm
K thanks people =D  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 am
As a Scanian Cleric, I'm noticing an overabundance of clerics. I'm sure the other worlds need holy magic users.

I'd like to see more warriors, myself.  

Feather

Oathmaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 am
As a mage myself, I believe mages to be very efficient in their killing as well.

Yeah, sure, Other classes are more likely to do more damage, but they come with their cons.

Low HP, and They're forced at long range. I'm talking about the archers and the sins.
CBs however, they have Low HP, but MG makes up for that, so they become fine, but they're Low HP and forced at close range, making them still a danger.
Warriors? Well, they dont die, but they miss...alot. A 12x warrior still misses Himes (yes, those zipangu monsters, 3200 xp ea) so yeah.

Mages dont miss at higher levels, they do at lower, but not at higher, but they have their disadvantages too. A) They die without MG, or if their HP Cant take the leftover, they die, also, we dont hit as much as other classes crying

Still. Of all the classes, I do believe were all equal within a certain amount. I mean, I do 11k sometimes. Thats pretty good. You dont see me complainin. Well, yeah. You make your choice. Also, mages are CLOSE RANGE AND FAR RANGE. ;o  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 pm
i say magaician =D  

Takahashi Retsu

Pixilated Panda-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 am
Ok sweatdrop guess im gonna become a mage, but what stats do you think I should have so I don't epicly fail?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Try to roll for a 4/4 or 4/5 on your Str and Dex.  

Xeno Incognito

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items