Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Meredith Ann Pierce

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:38 pm
Has anyone ever read any books by her? I recently came across her Darkangel Trilogy, published in the late 1980s. It was REALLY GOOD!! heart The titles are: The Darkangel, A Gathering of Gargoyles, and The Pearl of the Soul of the World. I encourage anyone to read them if they haven't!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:11 pm
I might have read a couple books by her. I don't remember the author. Did she write the Firebringer series? With unicorns as the main characters? If so, I read two of the three--missing the first one--a looooong time ago. They were pretty good, but they didn't make much of an impression. I remember very little of them.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 pm
I LOVE heart her work! She hasn't written may books but they are all worth reading. I love the way she blends fantasy and sci-fi so seamlessly and how her endings aren't always the happy, fairytale ending, but tend to be the more realistic one. Here's a list of her works:

Darkangel
1. The Darkangel (1982)
2. A Gathering of Gargoyles (1984)
3. The Pearl of the Soul of the World (1986)
Firebringer
1. Birth of the Firebringer (1985)
2. Dark Moon (1992)
3. The Son of Summer Stars (1996)
Novels
The Woman Who Loved Reindeer (1985)
Where the Wild Geese Go (198 cool
Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood (2001)
Collections
Waters Luminous and Deep: Shorter Fictions (2004)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:43 pm
I have yet to read the Firebringer trilogy. Thanks for the list of works! It's very helpful.  

Mara Jade Immortal

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:40 pm
Hey, no problem. I enjoyed the Firebringer trilogy. It is a different take on unicorns which is nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:40 pm
The firebringer Trilogy was absolutly magical. I loved those books. heart Im curently reading the second book in the darkangel trilogy.  

Lady Amica

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff