...I can wait =>l
View Results

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:32 pm
Brawl got delayed again!Don't believe me?Check out the Smash Bros Dojo website and you'll see that I'm not lying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 pm
gonk Why, Nintendo, why? I'm going to DIE before this stupid game comes out. scream  

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

Fullmetal-Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:15 pm
It's been delayed half a year now...........This game better be face-melting awesome for the time it's taken to finally be released.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm
As I said over in the Promised Land:

Personally, I dont see what all the fuss is about Brawl. Its basically just Melee all over again, with slightly better graphics and some different characters. Sure, it's cool to have all the characters from different games fight each other, but gets boring after about, oh I dont know, 5 seconds? Seriously, do we need this much hype about a fighting game? I think not.  

Solar IXI

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm
*cries* If Brawl is not AMAZING, I'm going to have to hurt someone.......

true -> On Monday, I was talking to a kid in my math class, and he was happy that they hadn't pushed back the realease again. I predicted that they would, and then today, he told me they had pushed it back again.....weird psychic-ness.....cept I'm not psychic...Must have been Mew....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:35 pm
solarboydjango2

Personally, I dont see what all the fuss is about Brawl. Its basically just Melee all over again, with slightly better graphics and some different characters. Sure, it's cool to have all the characters from different games fight each other, but gets boring after about, oh I dont know, 5 seconds? Seriously, do we need this much hype about a fighting game? I think not.

burning_eyes Have you been living under a rock?  

Junk the Guild

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:57 pm
E-Hero Omega
solarboydjango2

No, kidding. For one, having Link battle Pikachu is probably the coolest thing one could ever see. Also, this game is supposed to have a full RPG in the Adventure mode. Not to mention "slightly better graphics" doesn't even begin to cover it. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:05 pm
lila0291
E-Hero Omega
solarboydjango2

No, kidding. For one, having Link battle Pikachu is probably the coolest thing one could ever see. Also, this game is supposed to have a full RPG in the Adventure mode. Not to mention "slightly better graphics" doesn't even begin to cover it. stare

You've sparked my nerdy interests.

Brawl is definately not Melee all over again(if it was then it damn well shouldn't have taken 6 years to make.) The biggest change is probably the 4 different ways to play the game: Wiimote, Wiimote and Nunchuck, Classic Controller and Gamecube controller; so no matter who you are you'll be comfortable brawling it out. Secondly, as lila said, Nintendo has gone ahead and put an actual storyline in Adventure mode called the Subspace Emissary, which introduces a bunch of new enemies found only in Adventure mode(much like the Heartless in Kingdom hearts), and even emphasizes chracter development(kinda). Probably most exciting is the introduction of the Final Smash, which is a finishing move that can literally turn the tide of a brawl. These attacks, each character has a different one, are triggered by breaking a Smash Ball, so often you'll get a few KOs just in the struggle for the Smash Ball itself. Of course, with every new Smash Bros. game comes new characters, items and stages, but most notable are assist trophies, which are items that, not unlike Pokeballs, summon a character from Nintnedo's history to aide you in battle. Plus, with the new stage creator, you can create entirely new stages to brawl on, so the actiony possibilities never have to end. Brawl also makes history because its the first Smash Bros. game to feature third-party characters; Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog, which have always been a fantasy for many gamers. So, to summarize this extremely long-winded nerd rant, Brawl is definately not a Melee remake, and also, graphics don't make the game, the gameplay itself does.  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:08 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
E-Hero Omega
solarboydjango2

Brawl is definately not Melee all over again(if it was then it damn well shouldn't have taken 6 years to make.) The biggest change is probably the 4 different ways to play the game: Wiimote, Wiimote and Nunchuck, Classic Controller and Gamecube controller; so no matter who you are you'll be comfortable brawling it out. Secondly, as lila said, Nintendo has gone ahead and put an actual storyline in Adventure mode called the Subspace Emissary, which introduces a bunch of new enemies found only in Adventure mode(much like the Heartless in Kingdom hearts), and even emphasizes chracter development(kinda). Probably most exciting is the introduction of the Final Smash, which is a finishing move that can literally turn the tide of a brawl. These attacks, each character has a different one, are triggered by breaking a Smash Ball, so often you'll get a few KOs just in the struggle for the Smash Ball itself. Of course, with every new Smash Bros. game comes new characters, items and stages, but most notable are assist trophies, which are items that, not unlike Pokeballs, summon a character from Nintnedo's history to aide you in battle. Plus, with the new stage creator, you can create entirely new stages to brawl on, so the actiony possibilities never have to end. Brawl also makes history because its the first Smash Bros. game to feature third-party characters; Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog, which have always been a fantasy for many gamers. So, to summarize this extremely long-winded nerd rant, Brawl is definately not a Melee remake, and also, graphics don't make the game, the gameplay itself does.
Well you sure have me convinced. ^^ Also, I don't think that was a nerdy rant at all. I've been on much worse ones than that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
E-Hero Omega
solarboydjango2

Well you sure have me convinced. ^^ Also, I don't think that was a nerdy rant at all. I've been on much worse ones than that.

Same here. Seems like the intelligent messages I type are long-winded mini-thesis on subjects like this sweatdrop  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
E-Hero Omega
solarboydjango2

Same here. Seems like the intelligent messages I type are long-winded mini-thesis on subjects like this sweatdrop
*nods*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 pm
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291

*nods*

Don't forget the power-ups from the stickers in the Adventure mode.  

Junk the Guild

Fullmetal-Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:13 pm
E-Hero Omega
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291

*nods*

I read about those like 5 minutes after a typed this sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:27 pm
E-Hero Omega
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291
Fullmetal-Shinobi
lila0291

*nods*

True, the stickers are pretty cool, but you can't take them off once you put them on, unless you want to make them go away forever.  

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm
Also, I was wondering which character you are most looking foreward to being in Brawl. I'm most looking foreward to Meta Knight. I've been playing as Kirby for too long, its time for the more evil of the two twisted .  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff