Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Counter!
  Count me!
View Results

Roniel REVOLUTION

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:17 pm
User Image

This is a quest for a soquili wind based on Ukoku Sanzo from the anime/manga (but mostly the manga) Saiyuki.

Why Ukoku?

He's one of my favorite anime/manga characters ever and arguably my favorite period. I'm fascinated with his depth of character and the many different facets of him shown in the manga thus far. He's cute, terrifying, pervy, ambitious, destructive, and so many more.

I currently have one other cosplay pet of Ukoku Sanzo who is probably my favorite breedable pet to date. I love roleplaying him and trying to figure out him and his personality but have decided that it's time to quest another Ukoku pet. I want a chance to play with parts of his personality that I've downplayed in other versions and figure out a backstory that would fit in the Soquili universe.

I want to see what mischief he can cause.

Watch out, soquilis! Ukoku is coming!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 pm
User Image

~~~~~~

Post of Contents

~Post One~
Title and mission statement

~Post Two~
Post of Contents

~Post Three~
Meet Ukoku

~Post Four~
Custom Form

~Post Five~
Funds and Donors

~Post Six~
Links Out

~~~~

User Image

Roniel REVOLUTION

Roniel REVOLUTION

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:26 pm
User Image

~~~ Meet the (hopefully) future Soquili~~~

User Image

"Say you're the moon and I'm the night, right? Which one of us gets swallowed by the other?"

~ About his Personality ~

Ukoku the soquili will be a bit of a trickster. He almost always has a smile on his face and it's almost never for a good and wholesome reason. He likes to make people uneasy and his pranks run from obnoxious to cruel. When he shows cheerfulness it usually accompanies a mocking tone, though among those he considers friends he will be more pleasant... sometimes. He rarely stays in one spot for long and prefers to range far and wide, flying at night. He'll usually get to know the soquili in a new area, spreading mischief and whatever else he is in the mood for when he finds them.

Beneath his cheeky surface lies something deeper and darker. He doesn't talk about what haunts him but it could be the betrayal of someone he trusted, shadows of a long gone childhood, or maybe nothing at all. Any soquili who comes across him in such a mood should step carefully. He is very unforgiving of those who pester him while in this state and will react accordingly.

~ About his Appearance ~

He wears a black and flowing robe, similar to the ones worn by eastern monks. The sleeves billow around his forelegs but he keeps the "skirt" of it tied on his back to keep from tangling his back legs. On his forelegs he wears long black gloves, held up by a metal ring on top and opening around the hoof. He wears glasses for his eyesight and has a few crow feathers wound into his mane. Perhaps the most startling articles that he wears are his scriptures. They're green and white and printed with ancient texts. They billow around him as he moves and respond to his inner emotional state.

His fur is the color of the night sky. His base color is a deep blue that deepens to black. The starry night sky winds up his leg and twinkles at the ends of his feathers.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm
User Image

~~~ Custom Form ~~~

.:Angeni Soquili:.

Colorist wanted:
Name of horse:Ukoku Sanzo
Owner:Roniel (username is Roniel REVOLUTION but just Roniel on the cert, please!)
Temper (one word for horse's personality):Dark
Breed:Heretic
Theme (one word/theme where power/ability comes from): Night
Description (wings/eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
He will have various hair and clothing edits that will be described in the edits section. His body colors will be listed here. His eyes and hooves are black as are his mane and tail. His base color is a deep blue, like the night sky. The blue deepens to black and near-black in several places. It's darkest at the bottom of his legs and fades as it goes up. It's black on the upperside of his neck but fades as it reaches the underside. The tips of his feathers are black and fade as they reach the base. His back is black and fades towards the belly. His muzzle and the upperside of his face is black and fades down the sides of is face. His ears are black.

He has a starry pattern going up his legs and at the tips of his feathers but nowhere else. I'd like the stars to look like an actual starry sky an not be stylized or "shimmery."

Unlike the reference, I'd like him to have the double-wings of an angeni. I'd like the more recent, fluffier ones done by Mer, please!
Reference image(s):
(Note that if there is more than one character in the images, Ukoku is the one with the black hair. Also, I'd prefer if my cosplay wasn't wearing the undershirt and chestplate shown on him.)
Reference One (For the look of the scriptures flaring, robe, hair)
Reference Two (For the hair, glasses, expression)
Reference Three (more hair, glasses, the feathers floating around him are the type I'd like in his mane/tail)
Reference Four (For robe, etc.)
Reference Five (Another view of robe, etc.)
Reference Six (Feathers for the mane/tail again)
Reference Seven (Crappy and rough color/design ref, but actual version with all four angeni wings))
Reference Eight (Starry sky. I'd like his stars to be sparser to preserve more of the darkness, though.)
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: You choose!
Tag frame color: You choose!
Tag feather color: You choose!
Hair/clothing edits (if any):
He is wearing glasses as in the reference images. His mane and tail are both edited. His mane should be modeled after his hair in the references. It has the bangs and is fairly short with a slight wave to it. It has a few solitary crow feathers wound into it at points. His tail is long, extending down to his hooves, and has the same soft wave to it and crow feathers. It should match the mane. Both of them are a deep black.

He is wearing a black monk robe that is dark but of a subtly different shade of black than the other black seen on him so it stands out. He has long sleeves that billow around his forelegs but they are bunched up at top so you can see the entirety of his gloves. The robe ties around the middle to hold it on and the entire thing is bunched up and tied over his rump so the "skirt" of the robe falls over his tail instead of obscuring his rump and legs.

He has long black gloves on his forelegs that are held up by a metal band and allow for the emergence of the hoof at the bottom.

He has two scriptures flaring over his back as shown in the reference images. The trim and back are a deep green and there are black scribbles on them in the impression of text.

I'd like his expression changed some too, so it's more of a subtle smirk and with narrower eyes than the current male soquili expression.

User Image

Roniel REVOLUTION

Roniel REVOLUTION

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 pm
User Image

~~~ Funds and Donors ~~~

Current Funds: 100kish/1400kish

~~~ Donors ~~~

None yet!

~~~

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:43 pm