Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Phoonty's Sketchbook - UPDATE! Jan.22.08

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ilu
  ilu2
View Results

Phoonty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am
My Name is PHOONTY

HI. heart
Thanks for stopping by.

Interests: DanceDanceRevolution. Drawing. Manga.
Best at: Anime. Realism.
Worst at: Colouring. Dynamic Poses. Backgrounds. Mecha.
Medium: Pencil. Wacome Tablet + PS7.0
DA:http://phoonty.deviantart.com/

About Me: I'm pretty happy with the way I draw, but I could use some help with feet, poses and most of all; colouring!! My CG is so bad... I got my tablet Dec.2006, but I've yet to master it. Feel free to critique me in any area of my pictures, I'd like constructive criticism. Don't worry, be honest! I'm here for your help! mrgreen heart

(( I am currenty looking for a mentor ))

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:40 am
W.I.P...

User Image  

Phoonty

Phoonty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 am
Update! - January 16/08
Slusho!Girl

Update! - January 22/08

Her hand is a bit wrong, I know...

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 pm
Hi ~

Your CG technique is quite nice. Try to build more hue into your shading. Shadows are generally cooler than the base color, and the highlight is warmer than the base color. Doing so would create more depth in your drawing.

I really like your drawing style. Keep it up ~

Diginova

Phoonty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 pm
Diginova
Hi ~

Your CG technique is quite nice. Try to build more hue into your shading. Shadows are generally cooler than the base color, and the highlight is warmer than the base color. Doing so would create more depth in your drawing.

You mean, add more colour to it? like...blue in darker areas and yellow/orange in lighter? sweatdrop
But thank you ^__^!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:37 pm
Phoonty
Diginova
Hi ~

You mean, add more colour to it? like...blue in darker areas and yellow/orange in lighter? sweatdrop
But thank you ^__^!

Yes. Blue/purple in the shadow.

But you can go wild with those colors. Any color can be reflected from the surroundings. Neon green is more than fine xD

Diginova

Phoonty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:29 am
Diginova
Phoonty
Diginova
Hi ~

But thank you ^__^!

Yes. Blue/purple in the shadow.

But you can go wild with those colors. Any color can be reflected from the surroundings. Neon green is more than fine xD
>wOk thank you surprised heart I'll try to add more colour and depth to my work 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:11 pm
The colors are very well done, but the breasts... Breasts are, at their literal core, lumps of tissue and oil. They are not rigid spheres but flesh that change shape as things... interact with them. Also, if that's supposed to be her gluteus maximus between her legs, I assure you it does not look like it. Since she's sitting down it would be completely covered by her front. Instead it looks like the bottom of her swimsuit was cut off and some inappropriate bits are showing.

The character's assets bother me, but I must admit that it's a good image design overall and her face is cute.  

Griffonage

Phoonty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:59 pm
Pomato Soup
The colors are very well done, but the breasts... Breasts are, at their literal core, lumps of tissue and oil. They are not rigid spheres but flesh that change shape as things... interact with them. Also, if that's supposed to be her gluteus maximus between her legs, I assure you it does not look like it. Since she's sitting down it would be completely covered by her front. Instead it looks like the bottom of her swimsuit was cut off and some inappropriate bits are showing.

The character's assets bother me, but I must admit that it's a good image design overall and her face is cute.

I was trying to make the breasts look squished and lifted, but I guess it does look like a boob job, lol. And yes, that's her butt! I was wondering myself how anatomically correct it would be, but I had too [preference]. Thank you for your C+C ^^ ! It helps 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:20 pm
Another update.... ^^'  

Phoonty

Phoonty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 pm
.l  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items