The Death Sentence Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 am
This is a pretty standard debate topic for any debate forum, but I've brought it up because I have quite a few opinions on the matter.

So..what are your thoughts? Are you for or against? If you're against, then do you have any solutions to the current prison problem? Can you think of a way to stop the prisons from filling up like they are?

I'm sort of "for" the death sentence...people can argue that it's inhumane, but as far as I'm concerned, if someone has murdered or raped someone, then they arent entitled to any human rights, because the victim has the human rights to be alive..to be safe from crime, and the killer obviously didn't care about that, so why should they have any?
For some people, prison isn't enough of a punishment. They don't care about their familes so they aren't interested in being kept away from them. Someone will "look after them" till they die..they'll be fed etc..so it's an easy life...I don't think it's punishment enough.

The only thing that would concern me is that there would have to be able to do that job; to kill someone. People already do it in America but I dunno how they can stomach it. I said I'm kinda for the death sentence but I couldn't do it. Also, there are lots of people who are put in jail who are innocent, and the jury has got it wrong, so I wouldn't like to think that someone's life was being taken and they were innocent...the only way that I could ever be TRULY for the death sentence, is if the justice system was improved immensely, which is why I said I'm "kinda" for the death sentence...I wouldn't like it if it was applied with today's justice system...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:39 am
I think the death sentance should be used in life prison sentences.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 am
Airforce Soldier
I think the death sentance should be used in life prison sentences.

Agreed. I think it should only be used in the most serious of cases, for example, life prison sentences.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:24 pm
I think that what ever some one does should be done to them. Ex. Rape. Have some big ride that so of a b***h.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:16 am
Yeah but who's going to do that? You can pay someone to kill someone on death row, but you couldn't pay someone to rape them? It makes you as bad as the criminal really....as long as they can somehow suffer as much as the victim, although to be honest I don't think you could ever make them suffer that much...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 pm
Eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth when it comes to crimnals.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 am
But wouldn't that make you just as bad as them?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:43 pm
Well it doesn't matter to me. Would you rather go forgive and forget?  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:16 am
Nope.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:40 am
Just remeber: Thet did it, no way out o it.  

Airforce Soldier

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:41 am
I for one have mixed views on it. Not for moral, "humane" reasons either. I think that these people deserve death sentences:
-morons who have a life sentence more than their actual life. (ex. 67 yr. old, with a 119+ life sentences)
-as it was mentioned above, losers who take life
-failed suicide attempts
-people who under no circumstances are getting out, what so ever

my only exception, or against, opinion is that each and every person, who is given the death sentences has been proven WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that they are guilty. Meaning that, in ten years new evidence won't pop up saying that person was actually not guilty. There are no reimbersments for humans who lose someone.

The way I think of it, do as the animals do, outcast or die.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:42 am
-Hellish Hatred-
I for one have mixed views on it. Not for moral, "humane" reasons either. I think that these people deserve death sentences:
-morons who have a life sentence more than their actual life. (ex. 67 yr. old, with a 119+ life sentences)
-as it was mentioned above, losers who take life
-failed suicide attempts
-people who under no circumstances are getting out, what so ever

my only exception, or against, opinion is that each and every person, who is given the death sentences has been proven WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that they are guilty. Meaning that, in ten years new evidence won't pop up saying that person was actually not guilty. There are no reimbersments for humans who lose someone.

The way I think of it, do as the animals do, outcast or die.

I agree. I wouldn't like to be pro death sentence without there being some way of getting 100% accurate evidence to convict the criminal.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:01 am
But one thing. Let the country deal with it. Like when Saddam was found. Iraq delt with the trail. And he was hanged. makes sense. He was proven a ruthless murderer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:24 pm
I say this, if you're guilty, save us tax payers some money and leave your confession, and kill yourself.  

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

Second-In-Command-Of-Hell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:26 pm
-Hellish Hatred-
I say this, if you're guilty, save us tax payers some money and leave your confession, and kill yourself.
AMEN!
God, I love you. You're great. Hahaha.  
*Debaters Cavern*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas