Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Len's personal challenge Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenady

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:01 pm
Hurray for actually staying on a diet for.... I think five days now. Here's hoping I'll actually be able to stick with this one. Well, anyway, I'm starting out this journal weighing in at about 156. I suppose my current goal is to get down to 150, the overall goal being 135 roundabouts. I'm also trying to add exercise into the mix.

I actually managed to stick to the diet today... although I'm a little hungry at the moment. I also got around to doing some calisthenics and now my legs feel like jello when I try to stand up. I might have overdid it a bit tonight. I'll take it a little easy tommorow if I'm sore. If I'm not then I'll take it as a good sign and keep going at it.

Only a few more days til school starts and things get more complicated... crying

:Edit:
Thought that it would be a good idea to put up my weight and measurements and stuff so I could have a good reference point for how much I've managed to lose so far.

Weight Initial: 158 Current: 152.8 ^_^ Yay! I think the weight I had gained back was water weight because of my period.

Measurements
Bust Initial 40.5 Current 40 .5 in. lost... I don't really want to lose too much off of that... sweatdrop
Chest Initial: 36 in. Current: 34.5 in. 1.5 in. lost
Waist Initial: 34 in. Current: 32.5 in. 1.5 in. lost
Hips Initial: 40.5 in. Current: 38.5 in. 2 in. lost
Bum Initial 40.5 Current: 40.5  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm
Ugh... I'm tired today. Probably cause I haven't ate dinner yet. So far though I'm still on track calorie-wise though. I love subway sandwiches ^_^. Filling and low-cal. I've managed to do about 15 min. worth of cardio today, and some stretches. I haven't drank the water I need to though. Haven't actually drank any. Just some light lemonade with lunch. That's something else I need to keep working on... At least I haven't been drinking pop. That's a step in the right direction at least.  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 pm
Hurray! I haven't actually gone over my allotted calories once. Yay for keeping it below 1700.... not all that difficult -_-' When I write it down it sounds kind of wimpy... oh well, It's a slow enough weight loss that I won't automatically gain it back and it's actually achieveable with my schedule and stuff.

I've been managing to drink at least four glasses of water a day. That also sounds like kind of a wimpy goal, but I'm working it up to 5. If I can do 6 I'll be happy. All that ever happened when I drank 8 was that I constantly had to go to the bathroom. That doesn't mesh well with being in class. I'm quite happy with how things are going though.

I just wish that I exercised more. I manage to do a little bit everyday, just not very much. I'm kind of taking it slow on that too. If I can slowly bump up how much I do then i'll be doing good. I'm not gonna rush myself. It's a lifestyle change, not a quickfix.

I'm heading for a weigh-in on Friday or Saturday... I'm somewhat dreading it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm
I really need to be more careful when it comes to nutrition facts on some foods. I had to get a snack during my long class (3 hours -_-') or else I would have fallen over. I look in the snack machine and I see a wonderful thing of trail mix. Raisins and almonds and peanuts and some little peices of yogurt stuff thrown in. I get it and enjoy it quite a bit. I then go home after class, begin to input the data into dailyplate and find out that what I ate was actually two servings instead of one. I forgot how high calorie trail mix could be. It wasn't too bad, only 260 calories tops, but still frustrating.  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:10 am
Well, the trail mix the other day hasn't seemed to hurt me too much. I did my weight in today and it was at least partially successful. I didn't lose any weight according to the scale, but I lost like a fourth or a half an ince off some of my measurements so I'm happy. Somehow I seemed to have gained a bit on my stomache when I measure even though I know for myself just by looking at it that it's slimmer... weird. Maybe I measured in the wrong place or something. I've always had a hard time trying to figure out where to measure there. They say to measure about an inch above your belly button or on the slimmest part of your waist. Well the slimmest part of my waist is at least a half ince above a half inch above an inch. So I don't know if I should measure there, or if I'd just be measuring myself in the wrong place.

I also wonder why I haven't lost anything scale-wise. If I've lost some fat and I haven't really been able to exercise alot then I don't know what the deal is. I know it can't be muscle weight cause as previously stated I haven't been able to exercise that much. Maybe just a few crunches (like 20) in a day or about 10 extra minutes of walking. Oh well, it's probably just water weight... that time of the month -_-'. I need to drink more water...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:55 am
Ugh... I caught a cold somehow. Either that or a sinus infection. I hate being sick. I've been eating healthier here lately too. More fruits and veggies and nuts and stuff, with less junk food. I guess it's normal though. It's the dead of winter and I just started back into school. It still sucks though.

I got a new scale the other day. It's digital and was pretty cheap. I'm sick of the stupid analog ones. I've dealt with those for too many years. I can't ever figure out how much I actually weigh on those. Perhaps my eyesights just not good enough...  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:16 pm
Well, I think my cold is starting to get better, so hopefully soon I can get back to exercising. I've been really lazy here lately... For some reason I'm starting to lose my apetite though. I'm not sure why and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. It's not just that I can't eat as much as before, I went through that a while back. My problem is that I'm just not getting hungry. I have to force myself to eat the first thing I eat in the day normally. After that I'm fine, but it's bugging me slightly, cause I can forgo eating for several hours after I wake up, just cause I really don't want to eat. The problem with this of course is getting my metabolism going in the mornings, which is not happening. It's probably because of being sick...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:48 pm
Hurray! I weighed myself last night before dinner and I finally broke through my plateau. I lost a whole pound. I now weight 155. I'm so happy. It's always so frustrating when you're working really hard and it feels like nothing's coming of it. I upped my water intake. That's the only thing that I've done differently so perhaps it was that.  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm
...Perhaps I upped my water intake a bit too much. I feel horribly drained today. Happened after I drank a bunch of water... perhaps too much. Had to keep making trips to the bathroom for over an hour. Now anytime I drink anything I've got to go. I think there is such a thing as flushing your system too much. I think I just took out a few too many calories along with the impurities. To anyone who chose to read this I'm sorry for the somewhat gross post But I think I've learned to keep my water intake down to 5-6 glasses a day for now on, unless I need the extra fluids.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:15 am
Well, I've started exercising again. I figure that I've been on a break long enough. I'm at my parent's house right now and I hate their scale. I can never get an accurate read-out on it. It takes me like 10 minutes just to get the scale to work correctly. However, I think I may have inched over into 154.something... which is great news if it's actually happened. Half of the time I have to wonder if I'm on a diet for nothing. When I went on the diet about three weeks ago I lost alot of water weight (like 3-4 pounds I think) and very quickly, but then nothing happened for like 2 and a half weeks. Every ounce that's off my weight makes me feel somewhat better about this.  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm
Yay! 154.4! I'm so tired today, but at least I can celebrate a small victory. I also had enough calories today to eat a jr. bacon cheeseburger for dinner. The cheeseburger was a mistake on the part of the restaurant, but I"m not complaining. My classes are going to kill me though. I had all three of them today and I feel like I've ran a marathon.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:11 am
I fell to my weakness last night, Chinese food. I tried to make the meal as healthy as possible, eating a salad before I got some other stuff, but it's so hard to be good with lo mein looking me in the face. I did eat lots of veggies however. As I said, I had a salad beforehand, then I got some of the stirfry that had the most veggies and just picked the meat out of it. Oh well, I kind of slipped on my diet last weekend too and ended up losing weight. I figure as long as I'm being good most of the time and exercising, which I did manage to do yesterday, that a little slip won't kill me. It's not like I'm gorging on chocolate cake (although the lemon bars downstairs are looking horribly tempting right now).  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 pm
I was bad last week....

Because of my period I decided to completely forgoe the diet altogether. I didn't gain any weight back though, and I think I may have still lost a bit. biggrin

I'm gonna try to keep better track of what I'm eating though. I keep track of it on dailyplate but I think if I actually have to write down what I've ate at the end of the day I'll do better at staying on track.... but I feel like I'm just copying what everyone else does in their journals. crying I'm not just a copycat, really. sweatdrop

So here's the day so far:

Breakfast
bagel with strawberry cream cheese spread- 270

Morning snack
3 chocolate chip cookies- 300

lunch
3/4 lean pocket-210

afternoon snack
merci chocolate- 76

dinner
chicken breast-150
green beans- 30
potatoes- 150
corn on the cob- 140

evening snack
twizzlers-150
pretzels-100

excercize
dancing 10 min. -59

total 1477

liquids- about 5 glasses?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm
Ugh... I'm so tired. My club's booksale ended today, but I started out being the only one there this morning. Everyone else was sick. I wouldn't have been able to get anything put out if it weren't for some guys who showed up and helped. Only made about 20 dollars today too. My energy level is just gone...

Breakfast
german chocolate snack cake-140

Morning snack
reese cup miniatures- 285... didn't know they were that much at the time...

Lunch
subway chicken flatbread sandwich- about 410 (it's not listed on the website yet so I don't really know how much it was confused

afternoon snack
strawberry twizzlers- 150

Dinner
Chunky steak and potato soup- 228
2 pieces toast- 110
butter- 60
corn- 140

Evening Snack
Orange sherbert tube - 80
Apple Cider- 80

Exercise
lifting boxes (normally I wouldn't list it, but I did quite a bit today)-69
Dancing- -117

Total 1497

Liquids- 5 glasses  

lenady

lenady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:13 am
Well, I definitely have more energy today. That's good, considering I've got a chunk of homework to get done in the next three hours. Hopefully I can get all the reading done as well as the paper without having to panic too much.

Breakfast
cinnamon raisin bagel- 200
strawberry cream cheese spread- 70

morning snack
3 twizzlers- 75

lunch
peanut butter sandwhich-300
apple- 80

afternoon snack
Pocky- 210
kellog bar- 90

Dinner