How many of your firends like ST ?
  None T_T
  One...
  two or more :-)
  Im just answering for gold.....
View Results

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 pm
Has anyone (other than me) ever gone off on a rant about Star Trek when someone who has no ST knowledge at all has been listening, and then that non-Trekker has said something really weird or random?

tell your stories here!

I'll start:

Ok, so one day I was talking about force fields with two trekker friends and my other non-ST friend was sitting with us. Then out of the blue she randomly added "I never really understood the force."
I just about died! After I finished laughing I explained her mistake haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:53 am
I've never gone on a rant because I have a really good hold on my emotions, I can pick and choose which ones I make apparent.

But I got annoyed while watching tv when my younger step siblings(who I hate) were over at my house, there was a commecial for the show friends and Ross was showing a video of his baby's songram and chandler said " I don't know what it is, but it looks like it's about to ataack the Enterprise" at that moment, my younger step brother does this loud cackling laugh, even though he didn't know the reference. the only ST he's ever seen was when I was watching a couple of episodes I have saved on our DVR.
I thank God that they only come on thursdays and sundays.  

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm
ok, you're right, "Rant" is a strong word. Let's just say I get really into animated discussions with my friends. Sometimes about random things....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:16 am
only one of my fiends is even slightly into trek, and hes not all that enthused about it, hes a huge starwars geek tho. we get into continuos arguments about who could kick whose a**, in ship or had to hand. (personally, i know that Kirk could kick luke skywalkers a** if he didn't have his damn little laser sword. >.<)

and any time my brother hears me say anything related to star trek, or any time im watching it, he just repeats everything i say in a silly voice with a lisp, the walks away laughing. stare  

meatsack

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff