Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Does anyone here know a great shop for T-shirt?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sell your art on T-shirt
  Yes that is a good idea
  Tryed it didn't work for me
  I am selling my art in other ways.
  i don't wan't to sell my art, i love it and want to keep it for me only!
View Results

shani26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 am
I want to sell my art on T-shirt. I am looking for a T-shirt store who will sale my drawing. Do you know any store like that? Does anyone here sell his painting on T-shirts?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 am
Cafepress.com is still widely used for custom clothing and items.

Be careful to only choose art that will work on a shirt. Not everything will be a good idea. Here are some tips I found real quick. Here.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sriae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:50 am
I believe threadless.com is one too. :O  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 am
Errol McGillivray

Be careful to only choose art that will work on a shirt. Not everything will be a good idea. Here are some tips I found real quick. Here.

Thanks for the help, do you have an account there? did you made money out of it?  

shani26

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:21 am
Sriae
I believe threadless.com is one too. :O

i visit this site and i saw it is a contest or that what i understand, with means you make money only if you won, which makes it hard to make profit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:46 am
shani26
Errol McGillivray

Thanks for the help, do you have an account there? did you made money out of it?
If your things have appeal, they will make money. Also, you don't pay anything to print. They take the money out of the sales.

Do you think you can show an example of what you'd put on a shirt?  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 am
i don't want to publish it here cuz someone can steal it. You can see my other works here  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 pm
Um, the link might be old, but it's showing photographs. Are you intending to put photos on shirts?

I have some experience with screen printing, and just wanted to point out that you'll likely have better success with simpler art- two or three colored graphics with clean edges and high contrast. You can put photos on a shirt, but even fancy digital printers lose a lot of legibility, which means your image might turn out looking muddy and not accurate to the colors you get on a computer monitor.

If you're looking to get into the tshirt business, design is really important- if you want people to buy, you need to make something that's going to have appeal to many people. So personal images aren't a very strong seller.

I think threadless might be a good way to start out- if nothing else, you'll get an idea for what ranks high, and therefore what people want. It might take a lot of effort, but if you succeed on such a hot site, you're going to get a lot more business than if you go it alone with little advertising, trying to sell product that might not be what anyone else is interested in buying.

In any case I wish you good luck!  

Badeye

Shirtless Friend

Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas