Reply Music - Related Topics
Girls in the scene

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xStephanx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 am
This is a post I made in the forums, but I figured I'd repost here and see what comes up.

There's a pretty heavy female presence in EBM, and to a lesser extent in industrial. For instance:

Ayria
Angelspit
Throbbing Gristle
Emilie Autumn (not a fan personally, I will note)
Kaiaphus
Nic Endo
Dr T and Faderhead
Prototyp
Essexx
Collide
Uberbyte
Novus

If we count the darkwave scene, there's a huge female representation throughout in the bands:

Ego Likeness
Blutengel
Cruxshadows
Last Dance
(I'll leave it there)

And if we open it up to synthpop, there's a trazillion female-fronted bands and female band members:

Ladytron
X-perience
Octolab
Astyplaz
Client

In digital hardcore there's also a million or so bands with female band members:

Atari Teenage Riot
Rabbit Junk
Lolita Storm
Hanin Ellias
Ec8or

In the darker side of the spetrum there's no lack of girls at all, in the music production and especially not in the audience.

We had a pole on something kinda like this in the main forum. Figured I'd add this to carry that on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:57 am
Aside from the darkwave, you've left off the actual goth scene altogether.
There are a ton of female fronted goth and deathrock bands. Skeletal Family, 45 Grave, Bone Orchard, Voodoo Church etc  

Sinister Kung Fu

xStephanx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:44 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
There are a ton of female fronted goth and deathrock bands. Skeletal Family, 45 Grave, Bone Orchard, Voodoo Church etc

It was in the electronic forums. Besides, its all the same clubs these days (EBM/industrial and Goth, always played in the same clubs).

Anyone want to compile a list of female fronted Goth rock bands?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:47 pm
Sinister Kung Fu

To build some more (some not of the genres, but participant in the scene)-

Faith and the Muse, Strange Boutique, March Violets, Rubella Ballet, Lydia Lunch, Danielle Dax, Nico, Gitane Demone, Diamanda Galas.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm
And more.

Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Claire Voyant, Siouxsie and the Banshees (obvious), Hatesex, Moon and the Nightspirit, Xmal Deutschland, Scarlet's Remains (who was fronted by the same woman as in Voodoo Church), The Shroud...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:34 am
Indeed.

In fact, compared to most genres of music, goth-rock (and it's related styles) have MASSIVE female participation.  

GilAskan
Crew

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:34 am
GilAskan
Indeed.

In fact, compared to most genres of music, goth-rock (and it's related styles) have MASSIVE female participation.

Abselotely.

Its also true of the EBM and industrial scenes, largely because of the shared space I reckon.  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games