Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
SunWuKung's Sketchbook |updated |1-11-08 |2:06 am|

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunWuKung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:24 pm
User Image

Hello I am WuKung. I go to collage and am currently in pursuit of an Art major. I have been drawing and doing art in other forms since before I can remember. I would really like to get some opinions and some critique on some things that I draw.(the reason why i joined.) I think this place might help me along.

Updates: I decided only put NEW drawings as Image postings.. I will put old ones as links.. also the same for my drawing class stuff.. there isn't any real new ones with drawing class stuff yet because well my Teacher still has my newest one surprised and the ones here are about a month old.

OOkkk ness on to my sketches and WIPs surprised

NEW STUFF! From When I'm at home surprised :

A WIP that I'm doing of my sisters avi

User Image

Some Drawing pad stuff from class. These are actually quite large. My drawing teacher always wanted us to draw BIG. BIGGER IS BETTER he says.. so lol i photographed them with my camera.

Ayumi
Classmate
Girl from magazine
unfinnished angel
model

all for now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:36 pm
You're on the right track. I would highly suggest using real life reference to get the muscles of the torso right. No one's stomach looks like armoured plates like that.

Also, there's info about shading in the figure studies workshop. You might find that helpful.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

SunWuKung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:44 pm
thank you smile we had covered the figure breifly in drawing class since i had only been in drawing I

I am now in Figure drawing and were going to cover more of that stuff as we go in to the term. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:34 am
For the avi drawing, to add onto Errol, I would say to definitely look at some pictures or even reference drawings of the male torso. It's a weird area, and there are some distinctive features to it. I think you could tighten up the muscles on the arms (especially his right arm; it looks too round and bulgy to me). Also, a quick tip on the hair: I think you could make it looks much better and less unfinished if you where careful with tapering the ends to a point. If you did that, I think it would look much nicer!

Here's what I mean about his arms: [x]  

Jyoti

SunWuKung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:40 pm
Jyoti
For the avi drawing, to add onto Errol, I would say to definitely look at some pictures or even reference drawings of the male torso. It's a weird area, and there are some distinctive features to it. I think you could tighten up the muscles on the arms (especially his right arm; it looks too round and bulgy to me). Also, a quick tip on the hair: I think you could make it looks much better and less unfinished if you where careful with tapering the ends to a point. If you did that, I think it would look much nicer!

Here's what I mean about his arms: [x]

I am not sure what you mean about the hair.. I am still kinda experimenting with hair at this point.. there is a certain way I want it to look but I am stupid when it comes to a lot of things photoshop can do.. I am still trying to figure it out.. I am trying to make it look mm more realistic and yet still fantasy like XD I don't explain very well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:33 am
It's a good idea to use photo reference when you aren't certain how something looks. Here are some photos of shirtless guys I managed to find for you at Deviant Art. They'll give you a good idea about muscle placement.

Skinny
Buff
Average  

Viceregal

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out