Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Am I OK?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Machiavellian Vixen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:56 pm
I'm depressed but somehow I'm always smilin is this form of actin OK 'cause most of the time I feel like curlin up into a lil' ball and cryin. Yet somehow when I am w/ ppl I smile but, I feel like I'm dying inside Am I OK?!?!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm
It's your mind telling you that when you're with your friends you're having fun. When you have fun you instinctively smile.

Tip: Keep that smile on your face and even when you're depressed tell yourself "there's no point in letting myself mope" and just pull yourself through day to day by smiling and laughing and saying "things won't get better unless I keep a smile on."

Seriously. There's no reason in being down and wishing for better if you aren't acting like they already are. It works. I'm bi-polar/manic depressed. I don't believe in medication and this is how I control my manic episodes.

My girlfriend broke up with me at the beginning of the summer and I made myself laugh and smile at everything and nothing. I drastically changed me. I laugh really hard at really stupid things now-a-days.. Like dumb jokes on TV or such. ANYWAY, point being Smiling through my extreme hardship kept me on top of things. I had 2 small breakdowns through the whole summer (which is a record for me. LOL) and on August 25th (or about 4 am the next morning) after my brother's wedding, we got back together and we've been doing fine since. She's bi-polarish too... but she's also an angsty teen girl so she's worse than me. We have our bad days but we've pulled through them.

Sorry for rambling 'n__n  

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50

Machiavellian Vixen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 pm
But i really dont feel like im having fun at all i just smile to make sure no one knows my feelings cause my mom left i get called emo goth and cutter all day everyday even by my father and still i smile i really dont think im ok but i dont want to see a counsler i hate them soo much  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:48 pm
yukiko minako
But i really dont feel like im having fun at all i just smile to make sure no one knows my feelings cause my mom left i get called emo goth and cutter all day everyday even by my father and still i smile i really dont think im ok but i dont want to see a counsler i hate them soo much

well yeah... a lot of counselors think they KNOW everything and even if they've never been through it before they think going through a peer support course makes you the all-knowing about psychology and helping people with depression. So you get called goth and emo why? Because you dress in all black? or because you cut? If you cut... don't cut yourself. There are better ways to vent things. Read my sticky called "Self Injury". If it's because you dress in black or wear dark makeup... is it because you DRESS the way you FEEL? Dressing how you feel is COMMON but if you want to help yourself out of that feeling, dress bright and cheerfully. When you dress yourself happy, you'll look at yourself and chances are you'll feel good about your looks and feel slightly better. When you look in the mirror only think physical, not mental. Don't look past the mirror image into your head. Look at yourself and feel good about how you look. Don't read girly magazines and don't listen to TV. Being beautiful doesn't mean being skinny and having a perfect complexion and being perfectly able bodied.
Being beautiful means looking after yourself the best you can and being happy with it.

Mmmyeah. tell me more if you'd like, I'm willing to help. :]  

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50

xxShelyxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:07 pm
omg! i know exactly how you feel. when im with friends i just smile. i accidentally slipped once and it was akward. then i go cry when i can. i dont think there is a problem as long as you dont go suicidal. you can always talk to me if you need to ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 pm
hmm u sound fine to me dude....  

LonelyEmo20

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:52 pm
It's called hormones and trying to fit in.
You get past it when you grow up and get into college.
Its not the end of the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:34 pm
i do the same thing because if your depressed that doesnt mean u cant feel anything else im depressed but i still joke around  

itzalwaysraining

Sailor Wynne luvs Danny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 pm
yukiko minako
I'm depressed but somehow I'm always smilin is this form of actin OK 'cause most of the time I feel like curlin up into a lil' ball and cryin. Yet somehow when I am w/ ppl I smile but, I feel like I'm dying inside Am I OK?!?!

I "had" a friend like that,she was always smiling and junk but on the inside she felt like a pile of s**t(We where bff but she went Bi bitchy and we stoped talkin to each other) anyway she told me stuff that she told nones but i just think she needed the attention.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:50 pm
Shadow, this thread is a few months old, I'd really appreciate it if you'd try not to post in old threads in this subforum. Please read the guild rules and the subforum rules, stickies, and announcements.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

EmoxBandit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:21 pm
yukiko minako

i used to feel like that all the time, but now its worse.. now, instead of wanting to curl up and cry, i want to curl up and die.. im to the point where i stay secluded, i'll participate in the fun when im with my friends, but im only half there.. please, PLEASE dont let urself get like this.. dont let urself get this bad.. i hate the idea of talking to some stranger too, but im going to start seeing a psychiatrist, because like it or not i know i NEED the help.. i spend hours alone in my room, in the dark, with my cellphone and computer turned off so that noone can reach me, and just sit in silence or blast loud music.. i can go days without having much of a conversation with anyone, and its not healthy. im begging you, do NOT get this bad, DONT get this depressed, i dont know u, but i wouldnt want anyone to feel like this.. maybe just visit ur school counselor, at least once, dont knock it til u try it.. my friends and i had a group that went together to the counselor, it stopped us from cutting. sometimes counselors DO help, but ull never know until u try..  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:46 pm
It also happens on me... I'm still wondering if I'm ok, but I'm still have a positive thoughts inside me even my life sucks hard... It happens(in gaia world, not a real life) that one man just comforted me so I chose him to be my bf, then after a few days; he broke up with me and still wondering if I'm ok so I cried hard and the gaians who heard my crying tried to comfort me so I am a positive emo cuz I realized that not all ppl hates emos.... I realized this thought of being positive because I always showed up with the gaia world... (even in the real world) People may do hail emos! haha! ^_^  

Kate Berrie

Missflew_14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 am
cry That's very unfortunate cry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am

Hello? People, haven't you noticed what Ashes said? Ashes clearly said not to post in this thread because it's a few months old, yet you guys still posted after she said that.

Honestly, people. Pay attention.

Dammit, now you guys made me post. >[

The Raining Soul

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm
This thread is officially locked.
Read the damn rules.

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash