Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Playing Maple with controllers? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:19 pm
I always tell people, while in Maple, that I can't respond quickly to things due to my using a controller and they're always shocked, so I'm wondering if any of you guys also play Maple with a game controller? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:19 pm
I wish I knew how to play with a controller that would be freaking awsome  

Teh Puppet Queen

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:31 pm
Teh Puppet Queen
I wish I knew how to play with a controller that would be freaking awsome
My MMOTales blog
If you'd like to know how to setup your own I'd recommend this YouTube tutorial, it was the tutorial that influenced me to use one. The tutorial, however, is for using a Playstation controller, which requires you to use an adapter so you can use it on your computer, I just use a Gamepad which already has a USB plug-thingy on it. I got my Gamepad from Goodwill for $3-4, so you may want to check there but keep in mind that they may not work, so maybe just go to Target and get one for $10-20 dollars with all the bells and whistles. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 am

If there were controllers made, vista compatible then I would.
I used to play maple with one before I got my laptop.
So since I'm never on the desktop anymore I can't use it.
Perhaps when there are controllers made to work with vista then I will again.

Learning to play maple with one the first time around was kind hard, especially getting the jumping down and all. Telecasting was even harder x.x

Xahero

Sex Symbol

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:53 am
Xahero

Learning to play maple with one the first time around was kind hard, especially getting the jumping down and all. Telecasting was even harder x.x
Your controller isn't compatible with Vista? My family has a Vista laptop and I use my Gamepad, which looks about 3-4+ years old, on it with no problems. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:54 pm
Would a 360 controller be compatible?  

KenshinHimurai

Oathmaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:20 pm
KenshinHimurai
Would a 360 controller be compatible?

Yes, considering its wired, or you buy a $20 USD adaptor from like, gamestop or something for the wireless.

Personally, PS3 controllers are your best bet, considering they're wonderfully designed for PC gaming, and you can just buy a universal Bluetooth reciever (which also opens room to use a bluetooth headset [yay skype w/ one! I might have to get a headset to skype with my guildies ^^]) So if you're planning on seriously playing with a controller, Dont spend your money on a fancy PC pad, just buy a ps3 controller, and a bluetooth reciever and you're all set.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:24 pm
Lazy Brandon
Xahero

Your controller isn't compatible with Vista? My family has a Vista laptop and I use my Gamepad, which looks about 3-4+ years old, on it with no problems. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nupe. It wouldn't work on my lappy top.
I tried it out multiple times and got no results.
But when i tried it out on the desktop that had XP on it, the stupid thing worked.

And since the desktop is used by the family, I wouldn't have much time on it as compared to being on my own lappy top.
So I took the controller and got my money back.

Xahero

Sex Symbol

Deciali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:13 am
I tried using a cheap imitation Playstation controller. I got sick of it after half an hour. I did too much chatting for it to be effective. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:22 am
Its awesome playing with a game controller, more of which a ps one that I got.Tho I haven't tried playing it with on Ms yet. Only played ps games on the computer. xD

dragonstrikerxeno

fae_khaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:49 am
i didn't know you can use a controller to play ms  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm
i downloaded this thing called switchblade and i can use my 360 controller w/ games like counter strike, but it doesnt work with maple story. does it have to do with gameguard? i know its not the program because well it works with other stuff so yeah.

help!  

[Pants.In.A.Can]

dawb31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:50 am
Hey you guys know that controller are very usefull for pq or for Zrun if your a CB for ME rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:55 pm
Oh boy... first post of mine here. (I wanted to do an introduction thread, but I can't find it... anyway...)

I personally use a Logitech gamepad. I've got... four of them. I've got the original one that didn't have the digital analog button switcher, then one with, then a rumblepad, and a wireless rumblepad now.

Now... the reason I am biased against getting any other kind of game pad... is that these come with "WingMan". WingMan is a program that works specifically with all Logitech game pads and joysticks (and steering wheels?) that allows you to map the keyboard and mouse to the game pad. The game pads are simply like the PS2 controllers... four shoulder buttons, four thumb buttons, d-pad and two analogs.

What I effectively did... was map out the movement to the d-pad, have the jump, attack, pick up items, and "movement" buttons on the four buttons to the right, the shoulder buttons are the four hotkeys in the middle of the quickslot thing...
The analogs that go up and down I map out for the outer quick slots... which are potions usually. The left and right on the right analog is for sitting and for the chair. I also have enter and esc for the "select" and "start" buttons in the middle of the controller. I could make these the "shift" button... allowing me to map more to my controller... possibly other spells I use for buffing or something. sweatdrop
Also... the analogs act as buttons too (clicky click) and I have both equipment and inventory on one button, then stats and spell book on the other.

Really... I don't know how I could play the game without the gamepad... everything would be so spread out if I couldn't.

To boot... the layout is exportable for putting somewhere to give to others who also use WingMan. 3nodding  

aaarhus

!an

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:43 pm
dude! that'd be beast!!!  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items