Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)
Discarded: a Sci-fi rp

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vindictive Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:25 pm
In the year 2047, the planet earth faces an immenent threat. The population is nearing dangerous levels, nearly to the point of exhausting all resources. In light of this, many countries began projects for population control. The most unconventional of these was the 'Lament' project, an operation funded by the American government.

The purpose of the project was to 'evacuate' nearly ten thousand orphaned children per year. It was kept under tight wraps for nearly a decade. The population was levelling off. It appeared as if the Earth was saved. And at such a low cost.

-----------------------------------
April 16, 2058
Two Years Ago

"Unknown object, entering atmosphere at over 200 kilometers per hour."

The people in the control room were shocked. They had seen this object before, but it was believed to be just an asteroid. It was more of a threat now than they had imagined. An image appeared on the radar screen. It was...a ship. One they had never seen before. A technology that had never been seen on the planet before. "Incoming transmission."

An image appeared over the radar. Everyone in the room had their eyes fixed on it. A young man stared back at them from the screen. He appeared to be in his late teens.

"Who are you?" The commander inquired to the image on the screen.

"We are the wasted. The Discards. Those who you would throw away without a second thought." The man replied.

"What's he talking about?" The question came from someone at the back of the room, and was emulated by a few others. They knew nothing of the project Lament.

"You're all supposed to be dead!" The commander yelled to the screen.

"On the contrary. As you can plainly see, we're all alive and kicking. We have allies beyond this planet."

Mutterings began to emerge across the room. Whispers. No one knew what to think. Aliens? Is that what this was?

"However, we long for our home. And we've come to take it back."

Static overtook the screen. The transmission had ceased.

-------------------------

March 29, 2060
Present Day

The war is winding down. The Earthling forces are strongly depleted. The advanced technology of the Discards decimate the troops. All attempts at ranged attacks (missiles and the like) are foiled within minutes with their ability to scramble Earthling computers. It appears that the earth is lost.

In this chaos is when the Aera, the supposed allies of the Discards, attacked. Their planet faces the same burden of overpopulation as Earth once did. Now, instead of abandoning their own young, they've chosen a different method; colonization.

The Discards, realizing that they were merely a pawn in the game of the Aera, chose to join with the Earthlings to make a stand against the invaders they once thought of as friends.

As of now, the humans hold only the established bases that they and the Discards held before the attack. The United Alliance (Consisting of Western Europe and North America, the only lands not held by the Aera) is working with the technology that the Discards brought from space, reproducing the technology to make weapons on par with those of the Aera.

The story opens at East Command in London, England. The first established Earthling-Discard base. The only thing keeping them from each others throats is the dire hope to save their planet, but small conflicts arise almost constantly. Can the people unite with each other long enough to survive the Aera threat? No one knows, but hope burns in the hearts of the people, and it's a power that has pulled them from armageddon before.

Character Registration:

Pm this to me with whatever you want your character to be. The choice is Earthling or Discard (Discards must send a sample of their roleplaying to be examined by me and possibly others.)

Here's the sheet you need to fill out.

I was born as: (Character name)
But I would prefer it if you called me: (Nickname)
The Aera....: (Your character's disposition to the Aera)
I can't stand those Discards/Earthlings!: (Your character's disposition towards the opposite type of human)
The way things were...: (A bio about your character. Try to keep it of moderate length)
They say a picture's worth a thousand words: (post a picture here)
In another life, I was: (your gaian username)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:16 pm
Characters

I was born as: Ynette Ariala
But I would prefer it if you called me: Nette
The Aera....: Have their points, but this is our planet, so get the frack off.
I can't stand those Discards!: The Discards were discarded for a reason, and true, it was unfair, and uncalled for, they brought more of a mess back than what they were sent off for. Sacarafices have had to be made for the price of freedom and equality on earth. Sending those children off as Waste was a correct choice. They could of lead a worse life here on the over populated planet.
The way things were...: Nette was born along the coast of Maryland, and immediatly took a liking to the fresh water ever since, seeing as salt water always made her feel "sticky". Being the second to the youngest child of four, Nette always felt as if she were overlooked and never quite appreciated. Brought up on heresay and tabloids, Nette was always falling victem to gulliable traps, but after a certain incident she hardened up, and grew harder to penetrate. Her convictions are those by which she was raised on, but even those are shaken as she learnt that her parents were not all she thought they were. (Both parents were in Military, and intrumental to sending the children as discars into space).
They say a picture's worth a thousand words: User Image
In another life, I was: lunexor  

Vindictive Fox

Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas