Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
CC's Quest (Newbies Contests for a usdia when aquired )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cutting Containment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Table of Contents

.1. ToC, News
.2. A little about CC
.3. A little about the family
.4. The Quested For
.5. The current funds
.6. Donations
.7. The Contests

*The actual quest for the amount of gold needed is complete. However I now need to gain two custom usdia slots when they open. Once I have that done as well then the contests will begin, but I'd love to see interest if anyone has them...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

News

01.04.08 - Set Up Thread and Contest information.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:50 pm

A Little About CC

I'm an 18 year old female that currently lives in NY, I have all my life. I'm not going to type a heck of a lot into this space as it's more about my quests, and for my reference than people learning about me. Mostly I enjoy Rp, I have a creative part to my brain somewhere...*searches for it*...But I adore families, the plot twists that can relate to them and the personality/character growth that can come out of it, as well as friendships and bonds with other players. None the less, since I got my first Soquili, a Usdia female named Karishma...I grew her background and came to realize that in order to develop her the way she seems to fit, she needs a family, even if it isn't perfect. So, I want to get her a family, actually I want to get her "old" one back. More details further down...

xP; Got off subject there. I'm in the Navy, currently being shipped off to boot camp on January 9th so therefore this whole thing may not be possible until later.

Cutting Containment

Cutting Containment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:06 am

A Little About the Family

Karishma's old life was a happy one, wonderfully bliss. Her parents led a Usdia herd, small as it was it was well knit together and everyone, blood related or not, truly loved one another. As a small filly she loved everyone and everything, but they had to have a place, and she had to know what that was. Inquisitive as a foal she did grow out of this, well at least being noticeable about it. During the time she kept as a foal Karishma followed around her grandmother the most, as the old mare was wise as she was similarly colored to that of herself. She found that her grandmother was extremely smart about things that couldn't help but to confuse her, and her mother was a leader, which meant she wasn't around nearly as much as grandma. When the old mare passed on, it left Karishma in quite a rut, her mother was growing older as were all the adults and yet they still couldn't find time to turn their attention to the foals such as herself. Other mares, those that hadn't the burden of children themselves tried to care for Karishma but most of them found she was far too 'needy'. Yes, Karishma has always sought stability and perfection, and while it is easy for her to find, if anything is not in place it does become a issue for her.

In time her parents' herd grew to quite a favorable number with a few different family lines running through it. Karishma soon met Hinurn, a very moral young colt that enjoyed pointing out flaws that things had, something that Karishma could sometimes agree with and sometimes not. He saw beauty in many things, and told anyone that would listen and even those that wouldn't about them. Karishma had a certain "click" with Hinurn that wouldn't soon be broken. They spent a lot of time together through the rest of their childhood, tormenting the adults to a certain point and then being able to just as quickly find a new point of interest.

Once Karishma developed into her teenage self she found it even more splendid to continue asking 'why', specifically to her mother, and on only the topics about the herd. Why they had to move, why they had to stand there, graze in certain spots and why did her mother always have to watch them. Karishma's mother didn't bother answering some times, and when she did give in to her only child, well this only led to herself having to repeat her answer a few more times. During this time her best friend Hinurn started to pay more attention to her, which of course at first made her a little confused but she wised up quickly and returned the gesture. He liked her, and she knew only far too well and while some soquili would flirt with others just to get a stallion jealous, well she would do quite the opposite. She enjoyed the remarks he made about her coat, and how she did things, yes she reviled in attention and began to grow fond of Hinurn. Things went smoothly towards the end of her teenage years, she and Hinurn grew closer and eventually began to date, which made both families involved very happy. The herd was stable and healthy and had kind neighbors to either side of them as they roamed.

As she reached adulthood Karishma found that her mother was aging quicker than normal and her health made it continuously more difficult to bare watch of the herd. She watched carefully with her mother, keeping most days to her side, hoping that the old mare's failing health wouldn't worsen. During the first month of spring her mother seemed better than normal and able to hold her title in the herd well enough for Karishma to wander a little with Hinurn. He brought her to a small clearing which held the most amazing array of wild flowers she'd ever seen. This was where they eventually became an "official" pair, each other's mates, and where Karishma's heart was settled. Not long after this her mother's age again caught up to her and it was evident that she could no longer carry on her title in the herd. With tradition, Karishma was destined to lead her mother's herd, and so she accepted the responsibility and instantly made her voice in the herd clearer than ever.

Family was first and foremost, she made sure someone would take care of her ailing mother and she also appointed Hinurn to protector of the herd. He suit the job well, a strong pinto like herself he surveyed and scouted and still found time to spend with his love. Yes she was truly happy, and grateful for everything she had, the life she held couldn't get better, or so she thought. As fall began Karishma began to grow, she was pregnant. At first she was scared, a first time mother with no clue how to raise anything. Hinurn calmed her and made her see the greatness that was to be their foals. When the time came Karishma bore two colts, beauty was a word she'd used loosely and unknowingly until that day.

The whole herd rejoiced in the presence of more foals since a few other mares had had children themselves. She was a fair mother, and even with her title in the herd Karishma found much more time to spend with her boys, watching them and being as every mother should be, a little playful at times but otherwise strict and wise. Hinurn too was a fantastic parent, he was in awe at what their love had produced, such vibrant life. They were on cloud 9. However as the days become short the herd noticed the approaching winter, they wandered in search of food and found a good source of such that seemingly could sustain them for the cold months ahead. With new territory, brought new neighboring herds.

Winter came earlier that year than expected and the herd quickly stabilized, making sure first and foremost that the foals were warm and healthy. Life went on as usual and Karishma kept watch while her mate wandered the land, checking out anything that looked to be trouble. Nothing and nobody bothered them which at first seemed to be the perfect solution to their winter hunger, but soon it became unnerving. 'Why hadn't there been more forms of life lurking around the herd, not a family of hare or event a large wolf.'

One day, mid winter season, Hinurn spotted unfamiliar creatures near the outskirts of the grounds the herd was staying on. Considering they'd never met anyone unfriendly his and Karishma's initial responses were kind, they had enough food to help a few wanders and they offered to do just that. When the creatures appeared in a more visible fashion Karishma lacked words for once in her life. These "soquili", if you could call them that, had a small herd, a group of three, but what struck her strange was the furs they carried on their haunches. Devilish grins cursed their muzzles as the strangers grew closer to the herd, foals crept behind their mothers and mares behind the stallions. Hinurn stood strong, eying the beings he made the choice to tell them to leave. One of the three strangers appeared to growl at Hinurn and that was when Karishma chose to act, later she would find it was too little too late.

Sternly she turned to the herd behind her and led them away quickly, making sure that some stallions stayed behind to keep the odd creatures at bay with her Hinurn. This was how they'd always decided they'd react if something didn't seem right, and this group certainly didn't have their minds about them. As the group of mostly mares and foals galloped into the wooded area surrounding them Karishma's ears heard a scream, she turned just in time to see one of her herd's stallions fall, she couldn't be sure at the distance she was at whether it was Hinurn but it scared her none the less. Running the remaining members Karishma followed them, making sure nobody lost their pace. When she reached a "safe" distance she allowed them to slow and the mares to reassure the startled foals. She too took the time to nurse her colts' emotions, even while standing guard. It didn't take the hunters long to find her herd though, not at all. They were like wolves, sniffing the scents of the frightened usdia that looked for Karishma for a way out.

As one of the angered beasts approached her she caught the sight of other mares backing up, bumping together and keeping the foals in the middle. The other two creatures had surrounded them, there was nothing more she could do for her friends. Squealing loudly Karishma reared, attempting to scare the creatures but they merely laughed at her. There was no escaping a battle, and for some, there was no winning it. Calling to her herd she told them to run, to take the children and go. Panic broke out as the grouped usdia split, the prey had dispersed leaving everyone an easy target. Karishma took her two sons and pushed them in a different direction than the others, two of the beasts had already set their sights on those that continued to band together, this could've given her boys and her a chance. Sadly it didn't, for one of them, a most cruel and feral animal took off after them. On small legs Karishma and her sons couldn't outrun this animal, she insisted her boys run and hide as she would fend off the wolf-like soquili. They did as they were told and left their mother's side. As she watched her colts disappear into the thickets of the woods turned, just in time to see the monster coming darting out after.

In the moments that followed her blue eyes, already coated with tears watched in horror as it went past her with a wild grin. There was nothing out past her except her children. By the time she caught up Karishma found one of her foals, limp on the harsh ground, the snow surrounding his neck was coated in blood. His small eyes were closed, there was nothing she could do, he was already gone. More focused now more than ever Karishma rushed out after her remaining foal, hoping for the best, expecting the worst. In the hours that followed her one foal's death she searched relentlessly for her other son or the beast. Neither of them showed and all she could find were paw prints of a red substance, while she couldn't be certain her logic said this was her other son's blood. He too was gone.

In one winter she'd lost her family, her herd and her home. With nobody left to turn to, and nowhere left to stay Karishma moved slowly in the dense dead forest, feeling the pain and sorrow of her losses every day that she traveled. It's been over a year since that day and while the thought never stops crossing her mind, and while the images she saw will never clear her head Karishma has vowed to herself that she will press forwards. There is no changing the past, but there was a reason for it, at least that's what she has to tell herself to get to sleep. There must've been a reason for her being left alive, whatever it might be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 am

The Quested For

.:Usdia:.

Colorist wanted: Ameh
Name of horse: Hinurn
Owner: ???
Temper: Devoted
Breed: Pinto
Description: Eye Color - Green. The rest to refer to reference images.
Reference Image(s): [x]
Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: ---
Tag Frame color: Grey
Tag Feather color: Same as Karishma's, Light grey to black and the longer one white and light brown mixed.

.:Usdia:.

Colorist wanted: Ameh
Name of horse: ???
Owner: ???
Temper: ???
Breed: Pinto
Description: Eye Color - Blue. Muzzle color is pink instead of black, and the brown-redish color on his coat is actually the color brown on Karishma's coat. The rest to refer to reference images.
Reference Image(s): [x]
Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: ---
Tag Frame color: Grey
Tag Feather color: Same as Karishma's, Light grey to black and the longer one white and light brown mixed.

Cutting Containment

Cutting Containment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:17 am

The Current Funds

For Hinurn (The father):

User Image

For ??? (The son):

Opening Later. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:18 am

Donations

none

Cutting Containment

Cutting Containment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:20 am
The Contests

Post 1: "Hello, welcome to my Soquili Rp contest! There's two Usdia up for grabs here, both have some pre-determined history as well as names and small bits of personalities. The details are below. Knowing their history and keeping true to their personalities is extremely important in being able to play these characters, so all of the information that I have developed will be posted in the thread."

Starts: Month and date, (time tba)
Ends: Month and date, (time tba)

Post 2: "1. Follow all rules of the main thread and Gaian TOS.
2. Do not discourage others from entering or get upset if you don't win.
3. Read everything, from rules to family history. If you don't then most likely your entry won't be what I'm looking for and you'll have no shot at winning. Failing to read the rules is also, probably not a good idea.
4. These two are not going to be "Rp required" per. say, but I do want their owners to be active and willing to participate in plots with me relating to them. Remember that I've spent 400k to get these two, only to give them away...please respect my wishes.
5. I reserve the rights to; not to give either of them or one of them to anyone if I find that no one has fit them the way I want, I also reserve the right to do with this contest as I wish, including changing times and dates/rules and prompts (aka giving you more than one to choose from).
6. Post all entries, do not Pm them.
7. Editing the response will be allowed until the last day of the contest, then, no more editing.
8. Spelling and Punctuation don't count nearly as much as creativeness does.
9. Length is not a issue, write a lot or a little, even a tiny bit can be a strong bit...might even win, give it a whirl.
10. You may try for both, but you can't win both.
11. Newbies only. HOMG folks, last really important rule. I'm sorry to those of you that already own a Soquili but I want to give everyone that doesn't have one or is questing for one a fighting chance over the oldbies that I know can Rp their pants off. I want to see some new blood out of this whole thing, it's nice to have new people around. <33"

Post 3: --Family History Goes here--

Post 4: --About Karishma goes here, along with personality and whatnot--

Post 5: --Hinurn Goes here, along with personality and prompts--

Post 6: --The son goes here, along with personality and prompts--

Post 7: --Entries go here--

Post 8: --Credits and Links, last post here--

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items