Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Kemetic Paganism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felis terrapina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:43 pm
I want to learn everything about Kemitic Paganism. Basicly what I know is its Egyptian and I'm most likely spelling the name wrong.

a few odd ball things I know is that when a cat in your family dies, you shave your eye brows...and during the pagan new year (halloween) Osirius is the King in heaven for the cold months.

So, please help ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:14 pm
At kemet.org you can apply to become a student for a year to learn all the basics, with parental consent if you're a minor. You don't have to join permanently to take the course.

If you look at the post by Nuri titled Cleaning up! I posted some of the best links I know of and a few book recommendations.  

Bastemhet

Felis terrapina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:19 pm
Sophist
At kemet.org you can apply to become a student for a year to learn all the basics, with parental consent if you're a minor. You don't have to join permanently to take the course.

If you look at the post by Nuri titled Cleaning up! I posted some of the best links I know of and a few book recommendations.

yeah, I doubt my parents will let me...I'll be 18 soon...I'll join then...but thank you! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:13 am
Angelique Sakuja
and during the pagan new year (halloween) Osirius is the King in heaven for the cold months.

Let's pause to point out that this isn't Kemetic theology.

The Egyptians had their own calender and did not use the pop-pagan Culture Raped ideology that suggests that Halloween = Samhain = A Universal New Year.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Angelique Sakuja
and during the pagan new year (halloween) Osirius is the King in heaven for the cold months.

Let's pause to point out that this isn't Kemetic theology.

The Egyptians had their own calender and did not use the pop-pagan Culture Raped ideology that suggests that Halloween = Samhain = A Universal New Year.
Cold/warm wasn't the division of their year, or even dark/light. More like flood/winter/summer. And Wesir is kind of the Lord of the Duat the whole year, even when he's being born or killed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Cold/warm wasn't the division of their year, or even dark/light. More like flood/winter/summer. And Wesir is kind of the Lord of the Duat the whole year, even when he's being born or killed.
Thanks DD.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:08 pm
But didn't the flooding of the Nile happen during summer?

Edit: Sorry, this would be the most accurate info.:

"...the Egyptian year was divided into three distinct seasons: Akhet meaning inundation, Peret meaning emergence or growth, and Shomu meaning low-water and harvest. The word Shomu may well be an ancient root for the English word "summer". While Akhet was the season in which the Nile was depositing soil, Peret became the time of planting, cultivating and maintaining the crops. Shomu then followed with the beginning of this being a time the season of harvest. However, as noted above, Shomu quickly moved on to be a very hot-dry period in the year (Parker 1978.707). Each of these seasons lasted approximately four lunar months (Parker 1950.32)." Taken from www.hwt-hrw.com.

And here is a nice retelling of the Osirian myth: http://touregypt.net/godsofegypt/legendofosiris.htm  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games