Reply Video Games
Super Mario Galaxy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:16 pm
Has anyone besides me played this awesome game? If so, talk about it. I already beat it, but i'm still going back for the stars and comet stuff. I have about 86-87 stars out of 120 (121?)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:48 am
I got to 61 (So just beat the game.)
But, I'm not done yet. I'm planning to get back to it.
It was kinda trippy to get used to (especially the non-connectedness of the controller), but it was pretty fun. I kinda miss solid ground though, like in other Mario games. But it was a pretty cool change. Especially the gravity on spherical objects. Trippy to go on the underside of planets and, you know, not fall off and die. And the whole shooting star bits thing was a pretty cool add on. After a while, the controls feel completely natural.
One thing I didn't like was the camera on it. I'm kinda picky about that, as it makes it a lot easier for me to move. But, the camera only moved when it was useless; when I needed it to move to see my surroundings, it failed me. Kinda pissed me off.
So yeah. Died a few times from that, but other than that, it was a good game.
(Especially loved long-jumping off of small planets and orbiting it a few times before landing. XD)
Still don't get why Bowser just appears mostly unharmed after the game ends. O__o THE GUY JUST FELL IN LAVA. FREAKIN' DIE ALREADY! >_<
You think Mario, after a while, would just get the idea to get a gun or summin'. Make for a short game, but hey, Bowser's had his warnings.
It has 120 stars in total.
I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it does have something really cool if you get all 120.

Shryle
Crew

oO-Buggie-Oo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 am
lol
i think its cool how you use the mii's head as the planet
btw shryle your right! if shadow the hedgehog can get a gun so can mario!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:43 am
Shryle
I got to 61 (So just beat the game.)
But, I'm not done yet. I'm planning to get back to it.
It was kinda trippy to get used to (especially the non-connectedness of the controller), but it was pretty fun. I kinda miss solid ground though, like in other Mario games. But it was a pretty cool change. Especially the gravity on spherical objects. Trippy to go on the underside of planets and, you know, not fall off and die. And the whole shooting star bits thing was a pretty cool add on. After a while, the controls feel completely natural.
One thing I didn't like was the camera on it. I'm kinda picky about that, as it makes it a lot easier for me to move. But, the camera only moved when it was useless; when I needed it to move to see my surroundings, it failed me. Kinda pissed me off.
So yeah. Died a few times from that, but other than that, it was a good game.
(Especially loved long-jumping off of small planets and orbiting it a few times before landing. XD)
Still don't get why Bowser just appears mostly unharmed after the game ends. O__o THE GUY JUST FELL IN LAVA. FREAKIN' DIE ALREADY! >_<
You think Mario, after a while, would just get the idea to get a gun or summin'. Make for a short game, but hey, Bowser's had his warnings.
It has 120 stars in total.
I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it does have something really cool if you get all 120.

Don't worry about spoiling anything. I've beat the game, i've got about 105-ish stars, and i know a spoiler to the game. Just tell me if you want to know it.  

RoyalRenegade

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:53 am
The thing about the game i didn't like was the part when you had to roll around on a ball which has the star in it. I can't figure out a way to slow down sweatdrop . Oh well. Two things. One, Shryle did you every get a green star? Two, Which powerup do you find the most fun? For me I like the rainbow star or the boo mushroom because being able to float without having to land, and phasing through things as a boo is neat. With the rainbow star, It's fun to become invincible because, one your invinsible and you get to be rainbow coloured. The thing that's bad about the rainbow star is when you jump, because the jump is weird and when your on the star "Choosing a favourite snack" the platform is moving and it makes your jump practically nearly reverse your jump so if you jump, you fall into a pit and die. Anyway I know i've been talking alot so i'm going to stop now, but feel free to ask any questions at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm
CreepyClutter
The thing about the game i didn't like was the part when you had to roll around on a ball which has the star in it. I can't figure out a way to slow down sweatdrop . Oh well. Two things. One, Shryle did you every get a green star? Two, Which powerup do you find the most fun? For me I like the rainbow star or the boo mushroom because being able to float without having to land, and phasing through things as a boo is neat. With the rainbow star, It's fun to become invincible because, one your invinsible and you get to be rainbow coloured. The thing that's bad about the rainbow star is when you jump, because the jump is weird and when your on the star "Choosing a favourite snack" the platform is moving and it makes your jump practically nearly reverse your jump so if you jump, you fall into a pit and die. Anyway I know i've been talking alot so i'm going to stop now, but feel free to ask any questions at all.
OH YEAH!
That was a pain (you slow down by pointing the wiimote up), and so was spring Mario. That powerup is pretty much a pain (if only he could stand still). >_<
I didn't get all three green stars.
I liked ice Mario/Boo. Sliding around on lava/water is kinda fun, and so was going through walls and scaring the crap out of Luigi (who you get to play as after 120 stars) (that was the spoiler I was gonna say)
Also, Flying Mario (not bee) was awesome. Too bad you can't really use it outside the observation.
Invincible was great too. Can't hate it, no matter what game it is. XD
Never been to that star, so...

Shryle
Crew

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 pm
Shryle
CreepyClutter
OH YEAH!
That was a pain (you slow down by pointing the wiimote up), and so was spring Mario. That powerup is pretty much a pain (if only he could stand still). >_<
I liked ice Mario/Boo. Sliding around on lava/water is kinda fun, and so was going through walls and scaring the crap out of Luigi (who you get to play as after 120 stars) (that was the spoiler I was gonna say)
Also, Flying Mario (not bee) was awesome. Too bad you can't really use it outside the observation.

The spring power is bad at the toy time place because theres this robot head thing that shoots a laser, and when you jump up, he nearly always hits you. Then you have to go down and get the power again so you can get up there. Just to let you know, the green stars unlock the trial galaxies. There are only three green stars in the whole game. The trail galaxies are so hard! Theres a bubble one, a rolling ball one and a manta ray one. I hate them because they are close to being extremly difficult to beat. The rolling ball is the hardest. You know when you went to the place with the ball?(Rolling Green Galaxy) It gave you a huge area to roll around on, right? Well this one barley gives you anything to roll on. And that's just the start of that level. Flying Mario is really neat. This may seem akward but when Mario flies, could he be also, Peter Pan?
That's kinda weird how the Mario powerups are mushrooms. Could they be Magic Mushrooms? On the star "Choosing a favourite snack", it's funny because a toad is beside a bee mushroom and when you talk to him he says. These mushrooms are yummy, not that i've been eating them all day. (Addicted!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:54 pm
sweatdrop Sorry about my talking. sweatdrop I just get into the subject and forget how long i've been talking for.  

RoyalRenegade

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:22 pm
CreepyClutter
Shryle
CreepyClutter
OH YEAH!

The spring power is bad at the toy time place because theres this robot head thing that shoots a laser, and when you jump up, he nearly always hits you. Then you have to go down and get the power again so you can get up there. Just to let you know, the green stars unlock the trial galaxies. There are only three green stars in the whole game. The trail galaxies are so hard! Theres a bubble one, a rolling ball one and a manta ray one. I hate them because they are close to being extremly difficult to beat. The rolling ball is the hardest. You know when you went to the place with the ball?(Rolling Green Galaxy) It gave you a huge area to roll around on, right? Well this one barley gives you anything to roll on. And that's just the start of that level. Flying Mario is really neat. This may seem akward but when Mario flies, could he be also, Peter Pan?
That's kinda weird how the Mario powerups are mushrooms. Could they be Magic Mushrooms? On the star "Choosing a favourite snack", it's funny because a toad is beside a bee mushroom and when you talk to him he says. These mushrooms are yummy, not that i've been eating them all day. (Addicted!)
Yeah, don't worry about the long posts man. I do it too. XD
There is a way around that robot, though. Shoot it with a star bit, and it makes it inactive for a short time. But yeah, I died many a time before figuring that out. I did this one ball level in the Melty Molten Galaxy that honestly wasn't too bad, but I died a lot (luckily there was a 1 up mushroom nearby). I got one of the green stars, the one in that water fortress thing (Gah, can't remember the name of it), but that's all. I wouldn't call Rolling Green Galaxy a huge place to roll around on. But damn, if it is harder than that, I'm screwed. XD
And, if you think about it, Mario's powerups being shrooms isn't that weird. They call it high for a reason. (explains how he grows in the original ones) XD Yes. "Magic Mushrooms". I dun think I've been to that star yet. Which galaxy is it in? o.o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 pm
Shryle
CreepyClutter
Shryle
CreepyClutter
OH YEAH!

There is a way around that robot, though. Shoot it with a star bit, and it makes it inactive for a short time. But yeah, I died many a time before figuring that out. I did this one ball level in the Melty Molten Galaxy that honestly wasn't too bad, but I died a lot (luckily there was a 1 up mushroom nearby). I got one of the green stars, the one in that water fortress thing (Gah, can't remember the name of it), but that's all. I wouldn't call Rolling Green Galaxy a huge place to roll around on. But damn, if it is harder than that, I'm screwed. XD
And, if you think about it, Mario's powerups being shrooms isn't that weird. They call it high for a reason. (explains how he grows in the original ones) XD Yes. "Magic Mushrooms". I dun think I've been to that star yet. Which galaxy is it in? o.o

The galaxy is one of the hungry luma ones. I can't quite remember the name but it was one of those galaxies.  

RoyalRenegade

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:20 pm
CreepyClutter
Shryle
CreepyClutter
Shryle
CreepyClutter
OH YEAH!

The galaxy is one of the hungry luma ones. I can't quite remember the name but it was one of those galaxies.
Ah. I've been working on getting enough bits for those gluttons.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have such a love hate relationship with this game. I hate it soo much but I HAVE to play it all the time, like a junkie.

I sit and yell at Mario all the time, more often when the batteries are running low in my wiimote, my setup might have something wrong with it. My roommates think I am crazy because of this game. There is a delay in his jump spin sometimes, I shake the wii mote and yell "SPIN MARIO SPIN" and then he spins a second later. Anyone else have that problem? It drives me nuts. But I love the graphics, Bowser is drawn so well he scares me......I have to go play now.

Edit: I moved the sensor bar and now everything is ok :3

CelestialChaos

CelestialChaos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 am

Sorry if none of that made sense. xp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 pm
That's alright
I sometimes have a redundant ramble or two
One thing i'm hating is the part on dreadnought galaxy when you have to blow up the garbage
The bombs take forever to blow up, thus leading to my failure at that part.  

RoyalRenegade

Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff